Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

.45cal CVA Firebolt Ultramag First range day

Go down 
AuthorMessage
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16312
Registration date : 2008-05-19

.45cal CVA Firebolt Ultramag First range day Empty
PostSubject: .45cal CVA Firebolt Ultramag First range day   .45cal CVA Firebolt Ultramag First range day EmptyFebruary 24th 2019, 1:49 pm

I first started out with 10 shots with a tight fitting patched round ball and Shoot out patch lube to do a deep cleansing on the bore. With 50gr Black MZ, wow! @ 25 yards, I could easily hunt foxes and yotes with precision accuracy! By the 10th shot, the rifle was loading real nice and smooth. Next time, I will bring lower 30 and 40gr charges and really work the breech area.

Then it hit me! ( Literally after the first shot! ) I have some big ol 460gr no excuse bullets tucked away! 70gr Black MZ at 25 yards, was 2" low but center... Adjusted the scope 16 clicks up X 3 and moved to 50 yards where again, she was dead on! After that shot, I took a break to hold my nose and do some swearing. Im shooting at a steep uphill angle and the scope recoiled back onto the bridge of my nose. My face still feels a little numb Laughing I took a 2x4 and lifted the rear of my shooting bench and that helped a lot.

50 yard accuracy was really good considering I didnt touch the bore once with a swab! 20+ shots today and she still shoots deadly.

Overall, I think I picked up one hell of a rifle! I think I will enjoy the 185-200gr XTP loads a lot more when I get some sabots for them lol!

.45cal CVA Firebolt Ultramag First range day 52664410
.45cal CVA Firebolt Ultramag First range day 53117610
.45cal CVA Firebolt Ultramag First range day 53285410
.45cal CVA Firebolt Ultramag First range day 52685510
.45cal CVA Firebolt Ultramag First range day 52655810
Back to top Go down
hunting savage

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2014-05-03

.45cal CVA Firebolt Ultramag First range day Empty
PostSubject: Re: .45cal CVA Firebolt Ultramag First range day   .45cal CVA Firebolt Ultramag First range day EmptyMarch 15th 2019, 7:14 pm

NOTHING WRONG WIT THEM GROUPS
Back to top Go down

.45cal CVA Firebolt Ultramag First range day
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: The Shooting Range-
Jump to: