Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Trigger adjustments

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Firestick

Firestick

Male Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2019-02-18

Trigger adjustments Empty
PostSubject: Trigger adjustments   Trigger adjustments EmptyMarch 8th 2019, 2:04 pm

Well I have the CVA Mountain Rifle back together. Sadly the new trigger it needed doesn't adjust properly. I am going to pull the lock off and peak inside as to the orientation and depth the trigger sits in its recess.  It was cut way too deep and he had plastic shims on the old trigger. My gut feeling is something is not working in coordination between the two. Both work fine off the rifle. If it isn't one thing it is another it seems with this rifle. I hope it shoots well in the end. My old HOJ I built years ago form parts collected at gun shows had a set trigger and that sucker was the best trigger ever. I may be expecting too much in the end but this one seems to be pretty good when it is off the rifle. My first guess is I will have to experiment with proper shim height.
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16313
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Trigger adjustments   Trigger adjustments EmptyApril 2nd 2019, 5:41 pm

Any luck?
Back to top Go down
Firestick

Firestick

Male Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2019-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Trigger adjustments   Trigger adjustments EmptyApril 2nd 2019, 7:29 pm

Took a popcycle stick to shim it up enough. It actually brought it all up to level with the stock. The old trigger was below the surface and shimmed with what looks like a piece of credit card. It was milled waaaay too deep from the start.
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16313
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Trigger adjustments   Trigger adjustments EmptyApril 2nd 2019, 8:22 pm

yeah cva had an issue doing that back in the day. You can use jb weld and make a really good solid bed in that area.
Back to top Go down

Trigger adjustments
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Gun Builders Bench-
Jump to: