Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

This Season

Go down 
AuthorMessage
oneshot 1

oneshot 1

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2012-04-23

This Season Empty
PostSubject: This Season   This Season EmptyMarch 9th 2019, 10:17 am

This year planting mostly Warm Weather stuff so I won't plant until Last of April first of May. Using Cattle Panels for stuff to climb. Have a 20X20 Main Garden but have bunch of Berries and Fruit planted on the place.

Getting older and no kids find we don't need that much.

oneshot
Back to top Go down
Marty
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Marty

Male Number of posts : 3767
Registration date : 2009-02-03

This Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: This Season   This Season EmptyMarch 9th 2019, 1:08 pm

Do you prune the berry bushes and fruit trees on your property for yield?
Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

Male Number of posts : 10394
Registration date : 2010-09-23

This Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: This Season   This Season EmptyMarch 9th 2019, 1:36 pm

You don't get bears coming in for the berries?
Back to top Go down
oneshot 1

oneshot 1

This Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: This Season   This Season EmptyMarch 9th 2019, 4:04 pm

@Marty wrote:
Do you prune the berry bushes and fruit trees on your property for yield?

Yes my wife Over Pruned my Blackberries last year and had less Berries. Been fighting Japanese Beetles too.

oneshot
Back to top Go down
oneshot 1

oneshot 1

This Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: This Season   This Season EmptyMarch 9th 2019, 4:05 pm

@OldMtnMan wrote:
You don't get bears coming in for the berries?

Not enough Bears around here to be a problem. They like Fish over at the Park better anyway.

oneshot
Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

Male Number of posts : 3443
Registration date : 2015-10-20

This Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: This Season   This Season EmptyMarch 12th 2019, 4:18 pm

We just finished cleaning up the yard and flower beds, even raked and cut the grass to make the yard look as nice as possible for anyone interested in buying this home. It was 52 degrees today, warm enough to let you break a sweat.

Our builder told me last night that closing on the new place is 6 weeks away, now talk about getting a little nervous, my wife is on pins and needles.  We have lowered the price on this home four times and all we get are dreamers and tire kickers. It's going to be hell owning over a million in real estate here shortly ....  No

UPDATE April 2nd- Sold this house now need to be moved by May 7th straight into the new one. Then start all over with garage and yard, etc.   Rolling Eyes   Crying or Very sad  Hell to do this at this point in your life, thanks to the wife's health issues, don't get old folks.  Mad
Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

Male Number of posts : 3443
Registration date : 2015-10-20

This Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: This Season   This Season EmptyApril 3rd 2019, 9:34 am

@oneshot 1 wrote:
This year planting mostly Warm Weather stuff so I won't plant until Last of April first of May. Using Cattle Panels for stuff to climb. Have a 20X20 Main Garden but have bunch of Berries and Fruit planted on the place.

oneshot

When still on the farm (300 acres) we had a large garden by the house with a berry patch at the back of the garden. To keep the fence up we got a pile of used oil well casing pipe, cut 6' and 10' long pieces and built the fence 4' high 10' wide (welded together) used heavy hog wire for panels welded in place. Talk about being strong, even did the same for several pastures to keep the horse in. 

The deer and elk would hit that fence and bounce off.  Best damn thing we came across for fencing.  :rtup
Back to top Go down
Idaholewis

Idaholewis

Number of posts : 451
Registration date : 2019-01-11

This Season Empty
PostSubject: Re: This Season   This Season EmptyMay 18th 2019, 6:20 am

@Buck Conner wrote:
@oneshot 1 wrote:

oneshot

When still on the farm (300 acres) we had a large garden by the house with a berry patch at the back of the garden. To keep the fence up we got a pile of used oil well casing pipe, cut 6' and 10' long pieces and built the fence 4' high 10' wide (welded together) used heavy hog wire for panels welded in place. Talk about being strong, even did the same for several pastures to keep the horse in. 

The deer and elk would hit that fence and bounce off.  Best damn thing we came across for fencing.  :rtup

Sounds like a ROCK SOLID fence Buck! 

An old Cattle Farmer on the Coast where i grew up had a Hi-Tec Fence built, Called a New Zealand Fence, it is a Spring loaded setup, The Ole Boy was telling me how well it worked, he said every year they get a few Wild Cattle that break through Fence, The First one that tried it on this New Zealand Fence was Comical, She Hit it Wide Open, The Fence reacted similar to a Slingshot and Sent her Back the other Way Very Happy The Ole Farmer told me the Downside was Cost, He said it was REALLY Expensive Fencing
Back to top Go down

This Season
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Food Plots :: Home Grown Gardens-
Jump to: