Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Custom .58 Cal (NICE!!)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Idaholewis

Idaholewis

Number of posts : 497
Registration date : 2019-01-11

Custom .58 Cal (NICE!!)  Empty
PostSubject: Custom .58 Cal (NICE!!)    Custom .58 Cal (NICE!!)  Empty2019-03-18, 21:10

This is my Good Friend’s Rifle, and Soon to be a new Forum member here :tup2 Harleysboss.

He can fill in the Details. It is a TVM Custom .58 Cal. Hopefully i get to Shoot this thing coming up! BEAUTIFUL RIFLE!! 

Custom .58 Cal (NICE!!)  FVv3zXv

Custom .58 Cal (NICE!!)  E0gu3W7

Custom .58 Cal (NICE!!)  T23bDPx
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16345
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Custom .58 Cal (NICE!!)    Custom .58 Cal (NICE!!)  Empty2019-03-18, 23:48

that's gorgeous! I look forward to seeing this one in action!
Back to top Go down
Smokin' Joe
Forum
Forum
Smokin' Joe

Male Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: Custom .58 Cal (NICE!!)    Custom .58 Cal (NICE!!)  Empty2019-03-19, 06:47

Great looking rifle. I would like to hear how well it shoots.

Semper Fi……..
Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

Male Number of posts : 10418
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Custom .58 Cal (NICE!!)    Custom .58 Cal (NICE!!)  Empty2019-03-19, 07:53

Very nice. TVM makes a good gun.
Back to top Go down
Harleysboss

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2019-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Custom .58 Cal (NICE!!)    Custom .58 Cal (NICE!!)  Empty2019-03-19, 18:11

Hola everybody. New guy in town.  Yep that's my TVM 58 Early Virginia. I know its a cap lock..EEgads! I chickened out at the very last minute and ordered cap over flint. I live in the land of rain rain and more rain so I figured cap would serve me better. TVM builds a fine weapon and she does shoot. Hunted one elk season and had to see a shoulder surgeon. My right arm was stretched out a full inch longer than it was at the start of the season..she's pretty heavy to pack around. LOL. Any how hope everyone enjoyed the pictures..thanks Ideeholew.  My hunting load for what its worth was 110 grns FFG .018 patch lubed with the dutch scholtz method , ballistol to water mix and let water dry out. .530 ball. When my eyes were better..prior to bi focals, I could hold about an 1 inch at 75yds. Haven't shot this gun in about a year. Gotta change that for sure.
Back to top Go down
Idaholewis

Idaholewis

Number of posts : 497
Registration date : 2019-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Custom .58 Cal (NICE!!)    Custom .58 Cal (NICE!!)  Empty2019-03-19, 22:31

@Harleysboss wrote:
Hola everybody. New guy in town.  Yep that's my TVM 58 Early Virginia. I know its a cap lock..EEgads! I chickened out at the very last minute and ordered cap over flint. I live in the land of rain rain and more rain so I figured cap would serve me better. TVM builds a fine weapon and she does shoot. Hunted one elk season and had to see a shoulder surgeon. My right arm was stretched out a full inch longer than it was at the start of the season..she's pretty heavy to pack around. LOL. Any how hope everyone enjoyed the pictures..thanks Ideeholew.  My hunting load for what its worth was 110 grns FFG .018 patch lubed with the dutch scholtz method , ballistol to water mix and let water dry out. .530 ball. When my eyes were better..prior to bi focals, I could hold about an 1 inch at 75yds. Haven't shot this gun in about a year. Gotta change that for sure.

A .530 Ball in a .58 Cal Rifle affraid  You been in the Catnip again? bounce
Back to top Go down
Firestick

Firestick

Male Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2019-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Custom .58 Cal (NICE!!)    Custom .58 Cal (NICE!!)  Empty2019-03-19, 22:41

@Idaholewis wrote:
@Harleysboss wrote:

A .530 Ball in a .58 Cal Rifle affraid  You been in the Catnip again? bounce
lol!
Back to top Go down
Harleysboss

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2019-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Custom .58 Cal (NICE!!)    Custom .58 Cal (NICE!!)  Empty2019-03-20, 08:44

That's right 530 ball and a wool blanket for patching! Laughing.  Correction.. A .570 ball . I was just seeing if everyone was paying attention, and you all are so very good.
Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

Male Number of posts : 10418
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Custom .58 Cal (NICE!!)    Custom .58 Cal (NICE!!)  Empty2019-03-20, 09:37

I'll rub it in after you get to know me better. I didn't want to drive a new member away.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Custom .58 Cal (NICE!!)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Traditional Muzzleloading-
Jump to: