Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Hopefully something new this year

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Firestick

Firestick

Male Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2019-02-18

Hopefully something new this year Empty
PostSubject: Hopefully something new this year   Hopefully something new this year EmptyMarch 27th 2019, 12:28 am

For the past 2 years Health has kept me indoors pretty much all the time and missed hunting and fishing. Slowly getting some strength back after cancer treatments. My friend wants me to go crappie fishing. Never fished for them but he says they are as good eating as a walleye so I am in man!. We went snooping for some jigs the other day and he swears by a Rapala sinking lure that flutters on the way down. Expensive little buggers! He said yellow marabou tailed chartreuse jigs work well too. Naturally none to be found around town right now. Have about 3 weeks until ice is off and the water is warm enough the fish get active. Two years is a long interval between fishing days of fishing! Who is the crappie expert around here?
Back to top Go down
Marty
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Marty

Male Number of posts : 3693
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Hopefully something new this year   Hopefully something new this year EmptyMarch 27th 2019, 12:02 pm

If you like to eat fish, Crappie Fishing is well-worth mastering. ( b.t.w., walleye is the best-tasting fresh water fish I've ever eaten.) 

I just fillet a chunk of meat from each side of the Crappie...so you would need to catch as many as you can to make a meal.  

My tackle is 2 lb. fluorocarbon throwing colorful 1/32 or 1/16  oz. jigs.
Back to top Go down
Firestick

Firestick

PostSubject: Re: Hopefully something new this year   Hopefully something new this year EmptyApril 17th 2019, 3:14 pm

Well they are predicting 75 and sunny for Friday. We'll be gathering our tackle and off to get my NR license for MT. Sounds like a wonderful afternoon on the banks of the reservoir.
Back to top Go down
oneshot 1

oneshot 1

Number of posts : 567
Registration date : 2012-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Hopefully something new this year   Hopefully something new this year EmptyApril 18th 2019, 11:56 am

I went few times and did well on Crappie, mostly fish for Cannel Catfish, close to home fish for Suckers.

Looks like I’m laid up this Summer.

oneshot
Back to top Go down
Firestick

Firestick

PostSubject: Re: Hopefully something new this year   Hopefully something new this year EmptyApril 18th 2019, 3:46 pm

@oneshot 1 wrote:
I went few times and did well on Crappie, mostly fish for Cannel Catfish, close to home fish for Suckers.

Looks like I’m laid up this Summer.

oneshot
I was the last two summers. !st the heart then the cancer. Hoping for a clean healthy summer this year. I ain't gettin any younger fer sure. Hope you heal well and quick!
Back to top Go down

Hopefully something new this year
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Fishing Forum :: Fishing-
Jump to: