Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

INDIA MADE GUNS.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
toot

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2019-03-30

INDIA MADE GUNS. Empty
PostSubject: INDIA MADE GUNS.   INDIA MADE GUNS. EmptyMarch 30th 2019, 7:18 am

has anybody used or shot any of the INDIA GUNS sold by MIDDLE SEX GUN CO, in NH,? if so what say you?
Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

Male Number of posts : 3395
Registration date : 2015-10-20

INDIA MADE GUNS. Empty
PostSubject: Re: INDIA MADE GUNS.   INDIA MADE GUNS. EmptyMarch 30th 2019, 12:09 pm

The BBB rates them as a "C" Rating, Failure to respond to one complaint   

One interesting complaint:

Reading the complaints here on the BBB really makes my blood boil. The owner of Middlesex Village Trading Company sticks by his contract and 20% cancellation fee. However, when I initiated my cancellation, the reason for the 20% cancellation fee was a "restocking fee" as told to my bank. The musket I ordered was not even ordered, and I realized a few people on there had been waiting for a year or more for one gun. In the BBB complaint section, he prides himself on tearing down every gun that comes in, saying it could take a few hours to an entire day to tear down, inspect, and service one black powder gun that he sells online. Even if he is running a gunsmithing shop, a majority of the people on his Middlesex Village Trading Company wait list only ordered one gun, and even then had to wait for a year or more for their gun to even arrive. This despite his "Terms & Conditions" originally stating that the delivery time of said guns could be 4-8 weeks. I agreed to the original Terms and Conditions, and then filed a complaint after waiting for 14 weeks and seeing others waiting for a year for their guns that were much further up the list than I was. The owner then in secret changed the wording, keeping the 4 to 8 weeks delivery time, but then said the time to get the gun could be longer. He never notified anyone of the change in his terms & conditions, but expected us to still be legally held by his contract that he re-wrote. Yet anyone who dares and tries to cancel their order after waiting past any reasonable amount of time is still subject to his non expiring cancellation fee. As I write this, I see that he has changed his terms & conditions yet again. He completely dropped the 4-8 week turnaround and put: "Due to the nature of hand-built replicas, there may be a significant wait time for some items. ALL guns need to be torn down and essentially rebuilt before shipment. Sometimes the wait can be considerable." I was originally one of the people who thought this would be a good company, given the man's reputation many years ago. However, this is now. People were waiting for a year or more for one gun. I see now on his Facebook page, where I have been blocked indefinitely, for complaining like the rest, has had all visitor posts deleted yet again. Now it seems like he got rid of the ability for people to review his company. He has even deleted comments that showed him in a bad light. He is stacking the cards in his favor, and to me that is not good business. Stay away!

Stay away

Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16283
Registration date : 2008-05-19

INDIA MADE GUNS. Empty
PostSubject: Re: INDIA MADE GUNS.   INDIA MADE GUNS. EmptyMarch 30th 2019, 12:41 pm

I wouldn't touch one with my worst enemy's hand.
Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

INDIA MADE GUNS. Empty
PostSubject: Re: INDIA MADE GUNS.   INDIA MADE GUNS. EmptyMarch 30th 2019, 3:15 pm

I saw one misfire several times (flintlock) and watched the range officer put a new flint in the gun.  The new shooter had a learning experience on the installation of installing a flint correctly as well as experiencing the pain when the damn barrel split. It had a 40 grain charge of 3FFF for the load in a 45 caliber rifle.   Rolling Eyes   Mad

Back to top Go down
toot

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2019-03-30

INDIA MADE GUNS. Empty
PostSubject: Re: INDIA MADE GUNS.   INDIA MADE GUNS. EmptyMarch 31st 2019, 5:37 am

WOW,I have had my questions answered. and with all members responding in a very negative reply, response. i am sure to stay away from this business. now are there any good sellers of INDIAN made guns or are all sellers of INDIAN made guns and INDIAN made guns bad? I ask because I cant afford a bench made musket or a MATCH LOCK, AMERICAN made, on my SOCIAL SECURITY pension, not enough $ at the end of the month. again thanks for the response guys.
Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

INDIA MADE GUNS. Empty
PostSubject: Re: INDIA MADE GUNS.   INDIA MADE GUNS. EmptyMarch 31st 2019, 9:58 am

Talk to Jonathan on here about this rifle.  Seems these guys like Tradition's products.

INDIA MADE GUNS. Cheaper

Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16283
Registration date : 2008-05-19

INDIA MADE GUNS. Empty
PostSubject: Re: INDIA MADE GUNS.   INDIA MADE GUNS. EmptyMarch 31st 2019, 1:32 pm

That price is way to much. Muzzle-loaders.com has them cheaper.
Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

INDIA MADE GUNS. Empty
PostSubject: Re: INDIA MADE GUNS.   INDIA MADE GUNS. EmptyApril 16th 2019, 12:17 pm

TOOT and the rest of you Gentlemen, 

I changed the topic title to INDIA MADE GUNS - the original title was misleading INDIAN MADE GUNS which made you first think guns built in North America by Native Americans.

Back to top Go down
sunsetwrangler

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2019-03-26

INDIA MADE GUNS. Empty
PostSubject: Re: INDIA MADE GUNS.   INDIA MADE GUNS. EmptyApril 18th 2019, 6:15 pm

@FrontierGander wrote:
That price is way to much. Muzzle-loaders.com has them cheaper.
 And Deer Creek even less expensive
Back to top Go down
afishhunter

afishhunter

Male Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2019-02-14

INDIA MADE GUNS. Empty
PostSubject: Re: INDIA MADE GUNS.   INDIA MADE GUNS. EmptyApril 26th 2019, 11:17 am

Why an India made arm?
The traditional muzzleloaders made in Spain are excellent. Traditions has them in both completed and kit form.
Try your local pawnshops. They may have a used Hawken or Kentuckey/Tennessee rifle from a reputable maker (CVA, Traditions, Thompson Center, Lyman) for not a lot. Most will let you put it on lay-a-way if you don't have the full price on you, as well.
Gun Broker usually has a nice selection of reasonably priced used rifles (also pistols and revolvers) available.
Sportsmans Warehouse, Bass Pro, Cabelas, et-al sell the Traditions Hawken and Kentuckey rifle as a kit or factory finished.
If that guy is selling a new factory made rifle that "has to be taken apart and rebuilt" I would not walk away, I would RUN. I've never heard of such a thing. I would be inclined to think such would be unsafe to shoot even after he "rebuilds" it. Garbage is garbage.

Last edited by afishhunter on May 6th 2019, 9:41 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
CVA Enthusiast

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2018-09-18

INDIA MADE GUNS. Empty
PostSubject: Re: INDIA MADE GUNS.   INDIA MADE GUNS. EmptyMay 4th 2019, 1:30 pm

I would let my worst enemy suffer the anguish, I am that kind of as_ho_e but that is me If I were looking for black powder there are a lot more places selling "REAL" guns I do not have the wait on. 

What do you mean "REAL" it is there in stock I can see and handle.
Back to top Go down

INDIA MADE GUNS.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Traditional Muzzleloading-
Jump to: