Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

WHEN EAST AIN'T WEST

Go down 
AuthorMessage
flashpoint

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2019-01-12

WHEN EAST AIN'T WEST Empty
PostSubject: WHEN EAST AIN'T WEST   WHEN EAST AIN'T WEST EmptyApril 8th 2019, 11:08 am

I know that the Rendezvous is a western phenomena.  However, I was wondering if there are any kind of similar BP meet-ups or get- together s that that take place in the Eastern (and I do mean Eastern) part of the US?  Thanks for any info.
Back to top Go down
MattRaymond

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2015-10-28

PostSubject: Re: WHEN EAST AIN'T WEST   WHEN EAST AIN'T WEST EmptyApril 8th 2019, 5:21 pm

There’s usually one in Orrington Maine every summer last year it was in July
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16283
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: WHEN EAST AIN'T WEST   WHEN EAST AIN'T WEST EmptyApril 8th 2019, 7:49 pm

rendezvous style events for even long hunters back east are all over the place. Check out crazycrow.com they list events that are taking place.
Back to top Go down
flashpoint

PostSubject: Re: WHEN EAST AIN'T WEST   WHEN EAST AIN'T WEST EmptyApril 8th 2019, 8:02 pm

Thanks Frontier and Matt, I will do just that.
Back to top Go down
MattRaymond

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2015-10-28

PostSubject: Re: WHEN EAST AIN'T WEST   WHEN EAST AIN'T WEST EmptyApril 9th 2019, 7:38 am

There’s generally a few in PA each year as well
Back to top Go down
stoney1
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
stoney1

Male Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2017-05-05

PostSubject: Re: WHEN EAST AIN'T WEST   WHEN EAST AIN'T WEST EmptyApril 9th 2019, 8:31 am

@flashpoint wrote:
I know that the Rendezvous is a western phenomena.  However, I was wondering if there are any kind of similar BP meet-ups or get- together s that that take place in the Eastern (and I do mean Eastern) part of the US?  Thanks for any info.
flashpoint
Yeah..there's quite a few here in Pa. each Spring through Fall.Crazy Crow DOES have a few lists of them and which ones are where. There's a fantastic collection of craftsmen, horners, rifle builders every year at the Dixon show. I KNOW they would give you a TON of scheduled events. Check this link out.  http://www.dixonmuzzleloading.com/ These people can tell you anything you want to know about Black Powder in Pa. Just trying to help, hope this does?
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: WHEN EAST AIN'T WEST   WHEN EAST AIN'T WEST EmptyApril 9th 2019, 10:30 am

Thanks Stoney.  I am originally from PA (Bucks County) so I will check out the Dixon link.  Appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
stoney1
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
stoney1

Male Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2017-05-05

PostSubject: Re: WHEN EAST AIN'T WEST   WHEN EAST AIN'T WEST EmptyApril 9th 2019, 1:27 pm

@flashpoint wrote:
Thanks Stoney.  I am originally from PA (Bucks County) so I will check out the Dixon link.  Appreciate it.
My pleasure. Hope it helps. We go to Quakerstown quite a bit; to the Flea/farmers market. Nice territory. Always look forward to lunch at the Quakertown Diner. Very Happy  cheers  t up
Stoney

Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

Male Number of posts : 3406
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: WHEN EAST AIN'T WEST   WHEN EAST AIN'T WEST EmptyApril 16th 2019, 11:05 am

There are probably a 100 different historical events in the mid to eastern states - north to south part of the country yearly.

https://recollections.biz/blog/top-historical-reenactment-societies/?gclid=Cj0KCQjw-tXlBRDWARIsAGYQAmfTgZggURY66BCdKK8Wm55Q7lAI4XsmbD_izKCT634WMJyZxJR7J4waAjlAEALw_wcB

Search the internet and you'll find anything from the early frontiersmen to the westward movement and everything in between. You have the best resource at hand - your computer for what your looking for.

Back to top Go down
flashpoint

PostSubject: Re: WHEN EAST AIN'T WEST   WHEN EAST AIN'T WEST EmptyApril 16th 2019, 11:20 am

Thanks Buck.  I will do just that.
Back to top Go down
Mad Irish Jack ODonnell

Mad Irish Jack ODonnell

Male Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2016-02-11

PostSubject: Re: WHEN EAST AIN'T WEST   WHEN EAST AIN'T WEST EmptyMay 4th 2019, 3:32 pm

Go to NMLRA and search states for their ML clubs and State ML or BP Assoc. They'll have list and email addys to contact. ask for info and you can stay busy. There is a PA Federation of BP Shooters. And, other states have the same.
Back to top Go down
https://rangersoftheohiocompany.shutterfly.com/
bronko22000

Male Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2016-03-22

PostSubject: Re: WHEN EAST AIN'T WEST   WHEN EAST AIN'T WEST EmptyMay 17th 2019, 6:43 pm

Dixon's ML shop in Kempton, PA has a pretty cool festival that goes on for a weekend in the summer. This year its July 26 - 28th. check it out here: https://www.dixonmuzzleloading.com/#
Back to top Go down
flashpoint

PostSubject: Re: WHEN EAST AIN'T WEST   WHEN EAST AIN'T WEST EmptyMay 17th 2019, 8:03 pm

Thanks Jack and Bronko
I will check out NMLRA and Dixon's for sure.
Back to top Go down

WHEN EAST AIN'T WEST
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Traditional Muzzleloading-
Jump to: