Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Down to one.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Firestick

Firestick

Male Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2019-02-18

Down to one. Empty
PostSubject: Down to one.   Down to one. EmptyApril 12th 2019, 2:35 pm

Well down to one board. Though I find it impossible to "resign" my membership from other boards.I simply logged out and no longer participate or visit the sights. This sight has what I like and seems well run. Just wish there were a few more posts in certain areas. Thanks for the knowledge and entertainment. Old and disabled ain't easy and this site makes it just a bit more bearable. :tup2
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16312
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Down to one. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down to one.   Down to one. EmptyApril 12th 2019, 3:35 pm

We certainly appreciate you being here! Always add something to the forum of your own and you'd b e surprised at how many will jump on should that topic be something they fancy.

Don't feel bad either, I used to be on tons of forums and just have had enough of other places. I just want to sit down, chat and talk about muzzleloading without all the other bs.

Just had 2 trolls on my youtube that actually had the nerve to call me a liar for a bogus reason. They argued that black powder revolvers ( 1851 navy ) wasn't rifle, its a smoothie... I made a video and showed them, they seem surprised and thanks me, I thanked them back by blocking them from my youtube page Laughing Its Aholes like that that run off good folks and then everyone else is stuck with whats left.
Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

Male Number of posts : 3439
Registration date : 2015-10-20

Down to one. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down to one.   Down to one. EmptyApril 12th 2019, 4:09 pm

Down to one. Toles02182016

Back to top Go down
Firestick

Firestick

Male Number of posts : 108
Registration date : 2019-02-18

Down to one. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down to one.   Down to one. EmptyApril 13th 2019, 2:15 am

I just want to learn about traditional muzzleloaders. It is my interest. I am not interested in how to turn my sidelock into a breech loading cartridge gun. Yes I use BP substitute because that is what is available here. I enjoy traditional crafting that goes with it. i enjoy a little history once in awhile. This place just seems to have what I NEED to help fulfill my enjoyment of this rifle and not have to deal with all the other BS. MUCH LESS put downs or snarky comebacks and comments. After all I don't ride a horse to the nearest rendezvous to gather my supplies.  I do have to make a few compromises since I live in the 21st century and most seem to "get it" here. Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16312
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Down to one. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down to one.   Down to one. EmptyApril 13th 2019, 9:46 am

:rtup

Although, we do have to deal with Buck, so thats one minor set back Tease

Thats what i love about traditional muzzleloading, all the clothing and gadgets that come along with it!
Back to top Go down
Sparkitoff

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2018-06-08

Down to one. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down to one.   Down to one. EmptyApril 13th 2019, 11:58 am

Personally, I enjoy the traditional muzzleloaders for hunting. I don't mind shooting them for practice and each needs to be sighted in at least one. Admittedly I don't enjoy a long shooting session as much just because it is slightly tedious and takes a long time to get something done. But, both are necessary evils. I do like shooting the BP revolver for fun though!  I really like having to hunt my game, do everything right to get an in-range shot on an un-alert animal and have one chance to do it.  The effectiveness of the rifles, whether PRB or Conical, Percussion or Flintlock and .50, .54 or .62 is quite amazing. My shotgun give me two ready shots. It is somewhat slow to load but it stretches out a dove or waterfowl hunt that might otherwise be over in a few minutes. For upland game and even turkey I don't need to reload fast. The whole DIY concept of picking components and loading culminates in total satisfaction when a hit is made and game is taken. I don't dress in period correct attire or try to be a purist. I respect and enjoy the nostalgia and effectiveness of "old" things but I don't have the opportunity to be truly historical. I like old powder horns, loading tools and leather goods. I also have no problem with using BP substitute, adjustable sights and :gasp: a modern rangefinder.  Firestick - I think you got it right. This is a place where we can talk about all things and not be judged, condemned or "corrected". Whatever your niche in muzzleloading you can share, learn and relax here.
Back to top Go down
stoney1
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
stoney1

Male Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2017-05-05

Down to one. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down to one.   Down to one. EmptyApril 16th 2019, 10:42 am

@FrontierGander wrote:
:rtup

Although, we do have to deal with Buck, so thats one minor set back Tease

Thats what i love about traditional muzzleloading, all the clothing and gadgets that come along with it!
Gadget..GADGETS... now yer talkin' my language! t up Howdy Firestick. I too have resigned from the "other" websites. Too many Ass holes on some of them; NOT all of them, just a few, and NOT all the members are A holes..just a few of them too, but they make it bad for the good folks who come to learn!
Check out my things in the classifieds.(knives mostly.)
God bless:
Stoney
PS:
 My computer got fried by a EF1 tornado that hit here Sunday night; NC Pa.. LOTS of damage, still ain't found all my patio furniture and garbage cans? No 
I'm on my wife's computer. Mine won't be in to see the "Doc." until the 26th. Be good guys, I'll be back!!
Stoney

Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

Down to one. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down to one.   Down to one. EmptyApril 16th 2019, 10:53 am

@stoney1 wrote:
Quote :
My computer got fried by a EF1 tornado that hit here Sunday night; NC Pa.. LOTS of damage, still ain't found all my patio furniture and garbage cans? No 

Stoney

Are you sure it was a tornado, a cousin in York PA claims it was those damn Amish eating cold sauerkraut sandwiches again, known to develop large amounts of intestinal gas ......   study   scratch   Very Happy    Dunno

Back to top Go down
stoney1
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
stoney1

Down to one. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down to one.   Down to one. EmptyApril 16th 2019, 11:04 am

@Buck Conner wrote:
@stoney1 wrote:
Quote :

Stoney

Are you sure it was a tornado, a cousin in York PA claims it was those damn Amish eating cold sauerkraut sandwiches again, known to develop large amounts of intestinal gas ......   study   scratch   Very Happy    Dunno

Buck
 Sorry buddy, but the national weather service says it was a EF1 tornado. It took apart one of the schools that I taught in. I'm glad it happened on a Sunday night, so no kids were in class. I will agree about the Amish and their Sauerkraut sandwiches though. We just came back from Lancaster last week. BEAUTIFUL place, but lots of Sauerkraut farts though!! Embarassed

Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

Down to one. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down to one.   Down to one. EmptyApril 16th 2019, 11:12 am

Amend ........  lol!

Still have family in Lancaster and by the way some are Amish and a few Quakers in the mix.  Large farms and a few "Plain & Fancy Restaurants" big bucks with only 4th grade educations. 

My mother taught in a one room school in upper PA, all the parents wanted their kids to know was math, English and a little history of the area, these skills would be used to do their dealings with the public.   study

Last edited by Buck Conner on April 16th 2019, 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Marty
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Marty

Male Number of posts : 3763
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Down to one. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down to one.   Down to one. EmptyApril 16th 2019, 11:31 am

@Firestick wrote:
Well down to one board. Though I find it impossible to "resign" my membership from other boards.I simply logged out and no longer participate or visit the sights. This sight has what I like and seems well run. Just wish there were a few more posts in certain areas. Thanks for the knowledge and entertainment. Old and disabled ain't easy and this site makes it just a bit more bearable. :tup2
One annoyance Mad on some other forums is the perception that the number of posts equates to knowledge...the more posts you have the more knowledgeable :Grace you are.  Unfortunately this perception can be especially intimidating to newbies on those forums.   I don't believe in this perception...every member's voice must be heard equally.   Diversity is an essential survival element in any society.
Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

Down to one. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down to one.   Down to one. EmptyApril 16th 2019, 12:09 pm

@Marty wrote:
One annoyance Mad on some other forums is the perception that the number of posts equates to knowledge...the more posts you have the more knowledgeable :Grace you are.  Unfortunately this perception can be especially intimidating to newbies on those forums.   I don't believe in this perception...every member's voice must be heard equally.   Diversity is an essential survival element in any society.

I agree 100% Marty.

The number of posts has nothing to do with that person's knowledge, look at same person's number of smart ass one liners they put out that helps no-one.  Unfortunately it happens everywhere on these forums, newbies don't know what is good or bad information. I'm as bad as the next guy with giving baloney to a few here like Pete, KC and Jonathan - all in fun.  

I was told by my CEO (telecom industry) "that putting out just documented replies can get very boring for you the author as well as those listening or reading them. You have to throw in a few comments in once in a while to break the boredom and keep everyone paying attention." I have always remembered that remark.

Back to top Go down
LongRifle

LongRifle

Male Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2019-04-23

Down to one. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down to one.   Down to one. EmptyApril 25th 2019, 7:09 pm

Hi- I'm new.  :rtup   I just got into muzzle loading, more specifically traditional.  I did a little bit in my younger years being originally from Berks County, PA, we had the flint lock nation there.  Well I served 8 years in the Army, got out, married, settled down in Larimer County, CO.  I woke up one day and decided that I wanted to pursue traditional muzzle loading.  So I bought a traditions kentucky long rifle kit in .50 and put it together......hooked ever since.  So much so, that I am in the middle of selling most of my cartridge rifles to fund more muzzle loaders. 

So yes.....I have 1 post now, I don't know much about traditional muzzle loading but I really hope that y'all can help teach me what I need to know.  I tried to find an introduction page but was unsuccessful, so my apologies to the OP if I inadvertently hijacked your thread. 

-LongRifle
Back to top Go down
stoney1
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
stoney1

Down to one. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down to one.   Down to one. EmptyApril 26th 2019, 5:38 am

@LongRifle wrote:
Hi- I'm new.  :rtup   I just got into muzzle loading, more specifically traditional.  I did a little bit in my younger years being originally from Berks County, PA, we had the flint lock nation there.  Well I served 8 years in the Army, got out, married, settled down in Larimer County, CO.  I woke up one day and decided that I wanted to pursue traditional muzzle loading.  So I bought a traditions kentucky long rifle kit in .50 and put it together......hooked ever since.  So much so, that I am in the middle of selling most of my cartridge rifles to fund more muzzle loaders. 

So yes.....I have 1 post now, I don't know much about traditional muzzle loading but I really hope that y'all can help teach me what I need to know.  I tried to find an introduction page but was unsuccessful, so my apologies to the OP if I inadvertently hijacked your thread. 

-LongRifle
Long Rifle
 Howdy, Stoney here
 Colorado !!!, Lord almighty, you'll fit right in here. You'll see me listed as Two Feathers also. Welcome, I'm a PA. boy myself (Boy??? 70 yrs. old actually) from Columbia County. Berwick,Pa. North East PA. to be more specific.
If you're looking for info. here's the place to find it.  But be warned...there are a few cantankerous old farts to watch out for, but you'll figure out who they are soon enough. All kidding aside, the guys here have more total combined years experience at doing this stuff than Moses lived! cheers I think some of them were friends of his? :rtup
 I myself, have given up the shooting for health reasons, but I'm the guy you want to look for if Period accessories are what you need. Mostly knives, but a few other things also. See my listings in the classified forum or PM me for more info. Please; look around, and ask all the questions your little heart desires. Frontier Gander (the admin) just put up a new section for Patched Round Ball ONLY, you might start there. Good luck and again, Welcome.
God bless:
Stoney1

Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Marty

Male Number of posts : 3763
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Down to one. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down to one.   Down to one. EmptyApril 26th 2019, 8:40 am

@LongRifle wrote:

-LongRifle
Welcome to the forum.  I'm originally from Clinton County, PA.  I still hunt Clinton and Bradford Counties down there on occasion.  I enjoy PA in October which includes an early muzzleloader season as well as archery.
------------------------------------------
p.s. Thank you for serving our Country.
Back to top Go down
LongRifle

LongRifle

Male Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2019-04-23

Down to one. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down to one.   Down to one. EmptyApril 26th 2019, 5:18 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome.  I hope to be able to share of my knowledge of optics and shooting in general to help out his community.  Thank you again for the welcome.
Back to top Go down
stoney1
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
stoney1

Down to one. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down to one.   Down to one. EmptyApril 27th 2019, 5:37 am

@LongRifle wrote:
Thanks for the warm welcome.  I hope to be able to share of my knowledge of optics and shooting in general to help out his community.  Thank you again for the welcome.
Long Rifle
 I'm not very active here. I'm just a member who loves the lure and aura of the Mountain Man/Fur Trapper/Black Powder lifestyle, but I'm reasonably certain that I speak for the others when I say it's our pleasure having you and we look forward to whatever you have to say and show to the community.
nikʼeh hojidlį́į doo

Stoney

Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

Down to one. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down to one.   Down to one. EmptyApril 28th 2019, 10:45 am

@LongRifle wrote:
Hi- I'm new.  :rtup   I just got into muzzle loading, more specifically traditional.  I did a little bit in my younger years being originally from Berks County, PA, we had the flint lock nation there.  Well I served 8 years in the Army, got out, married, settled down in Larimer County, CO.  I woke up one day and decided that I wanted to pursue traditional muzzle loading.  So I bought a traditions kentucky long rifle kit in .50 and put it together......hooked ever since.... 

-LongRifle

Your among friends, you'll know what is meant by "Friends" being from Amish Country.  nono 

I was born and raised in Chester, Bucks, Berks and Lancaster countries of PA and still have relations there. Like you did spent time in East Asia with Uncle Sam and returned home, married and moved to Colorado. Long story that I will be kind enough to not repeat.  Have fun here, ask anything you don't understand about muzzleloading and you'll get several replies.   :tup2
Back to top Go down

Down to one.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: The Hunting Lodge :: Off Topic-Hunting Lodge-
Jump to: