Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Alliant Black MZ - 370gr Maxiball Velocity Test

Go down 
AuthorMessage
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16283
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Alliant Black MZ - 370gr Maxiball Velocity Test Empty
PostSubject: Alliant Black MZ - 370gr Maxiball Velocity Test   Alliant Black MZ - 370gr Maxiball Velocity Test EmptyApril 24th 2019, 4:07 pm

A beautiful day to test out the Velocity and Consistency of Alliant Black MZ with a good solid hunting projectile. I home cast these 370gr Maxiballs with lead that runs in the 7 to 7.5 BHN range. Pure lead in the 5 BHN range. I feel that the shallow rifling in my Traditions St.Louis Hawken .50cal 1:48 twist shoots more accurately with a slightly harder alloy.
Alliant Black MZ - 370gr Maxiball Velocity Test 100_3216

Chronograph set up at 20 feet distance.

I used a target so I could get an accurate sight hold to squeeze out as much consistency as possible.

Shot 1 was the usual low shot on a fully cleaned bore. Shot #2 surprised me as it to was a little low. I made sure to swab the bore CLEAN after each shot and the numbers on the screen really showed me that there is an issue somewhere, as the consistency was all over the board. Accuracy however on shots 3 4 5 were spot on awesome.

80gr Volume Alliant Black MZ

Alliant Black MZ - 370gr Maxiball Velocity Test 100_3217
Back to top Go down

Alliant Black MZ - 370gr Maxiball Velocity Test
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Frontier's Review Room-
Jump to: