Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Harrington and Richardson Springfield Stalker .45

Go down 
AuthorMessage
heelerau

heelerau

Male Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2018-02-08

Harrington and Richardson Springfield Stalker .45 Empty
PostSubject: Harrington and Richardson Springfield Stalker .45   Harrington and Richardson Springfield Stalker .45 EmptyJune 4th 2019, 11:57 am

Gentlemen, my supervisor has shewn me a photograph of his mates late Fathers muzzle loading rifles. He has 3, and one is a Springfield Stalker in .45. I vaguely remember them advertised in the Shooters Bible back in the '70's.  Has anyone used one of these rifles, are they patched round ball rifles? 

Cheers 

Gordon

Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16283
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Harrington and Richardson Springfield Stalker .45   Harrington and Richardson Springfield Stalker .45 EmptyJune 4th 2019, 12:52 pm

I've been through google and haven't found a darn thing on the ROT for that barrel. It looks like a civil war musket so maybe slow twist for the minie ball.
Back to top Go down
heelerau

heelerau

PostSubject: Re: Harrington and Richardson Springfield Stalker .45   Harrington and Richardson Springfield Stalker .45 EmptyJune 4th 2019, 1:44 pm

Mate I saw somewhere a 1 in 48 for the .58, so suspect you  would be right for that rifle.  Might be a pickett bullet for the .45 if it has the same twist as it would be a bit quick for patched ball. I am guessing someone here has owned and used one of these rifles. 
Cheers and thanks. Ps are we likely to have anymore of those fun postal shoots again?

Site
Site
FrontierGander

PostSubject: Re: Harrington and Richardson Springfield Stalker .45   Harrington and Richardson Springfield Stalker .45 EmptyJune 4th 2019, 1:46 pm

probably not for a while. I got a lot going on and its just a pain to set up and run. Especially the target issues.
Back to top Go down
heelerau

heelerau

PostSubject: Re: Harrington and Richardson Springfield Stalker .45   Harrington and Richardson Springfield Stalker .45 EmptyJune 4th 2019, 2:01 pm

Fair enough. Trust all is will with yourself, healed up after that op ok?

Site
Site
FrontierGander

PostSubject: Re: Harrington and Richardson Springfield Stalker .45   Harrington and Richardson Springfield Stalker .45 EmptyJune 4th 2019, 3:40 pm

healed up fine, sadly however, my T3 - T4 in my upper back are loose and causing muscles to tighten and cause pain. Surgery looks to be next.
Back to top Go down
Bearkiller

Male Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2014-12-17

PostSubject: Re: Harrington and Richardson Springfield Stalker .45   Harrington and Richardson Springfield Stalker .45 EmptyJune 16th 2019, 5:27 pm

I have one a friend gave me a while back. I can't tell you what the twist is. I've shot PRB through it on 3 or 4 trail walks. It shoots better than I can hold it but I hit my share of steel with it. Nice handy little rifle.
Back to top Go down
Winter Hawk

Male Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2015-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Harrington and Richardson Springfield Stalker .45   Harrington and Richardson Springfield Stalker .45 EmptyJune 17th 2019, 9:06 am

It appears that it is 1-56" twist per https://www.shootersforum.com/muzzleloaders/100242-h-r-springfield-stalker-58-cal.html

~WH~
Back to top Go down

Harrington and Richardson Springfield Stalker .45
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Traditional Muzzleloading-
Jump to: