Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!


Muzzleloading Forum
 
HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Share
 

 Doing Good

Go down 
AuthorMessage
oneshot 1

oneshot 1

Number of posts : 602
Age : 65
Location : Missouri
Registration date : 2012-04-23

Doing Good  Empty
PostSubject: Doing Good    Doing Good  EmptyJune 4th 2019, 12:07 pm

Been picking bunch of Strawberries still have Blueberries and Blackberries.

oneshot
Back to top Go down
Marty
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Marty

Male Number of posts : 3763
Age : 63
Location : Massachusetts
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Doing Good  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doing Good    Doing Good  EmptyJune 4th 2019, 6:13 pm

@oneshot 1 wrote:
Been picking bunch of Strawberries still have Blueberries and Blackberries.

oneshot
I can recall decades ago picking wild, Low-Bush Blueberries ( Vaccinium angustifolium ) in the mountains.  It was a family ritual every year.  My mother's homemade pies were out of this world!
Back to top Go down
oneshot 1

oneshot 1

Number of posts : 602
Age : 65
Location : Missouri
Registration date : 2012-04-23

Doing Good  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doing Good    Doing Good  EmptyJune 5th 2019, 10:45 am

It is a fight here picking Wild Blueberries with the Critters.

oneshot
Back to top Go down
Marty
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Marty

Male Number of posts : 3763
Age : 63
Location : Massachusetts
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Doing Good  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doing Good    Doing Good  EmptyJune 8th 2019, 2:16 pm

@oneshot 1 wrote:
It is a fight here picking Wild Blueberries with the Critters.

oneshot
The only "critters" we were ever in competition with were eastern rattlesnakes.   My father would always first poke our favorite berry picking spots with a stick to make sure none were hanging around looking for mice.

I'm guessing you have HIGH-Bush Blueberries vs. Low bush?
Back to top Go down
oneshot 1

oneshot 1

Number of posts : 602
Age : 65
Location : Missouri
Registration date : 2012-04-23

Doing Good  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doing Good    Doing Good  EmptyJune 8th 2019, 6:34 pm

No we have Low Bush but Deer and Turkeys love them. Got Huckleberry too.

oneshot
Back to top Go down
stoney1
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
stoney1

Male Number of posts : 356
Age : 70
Location : Berwick, Pennsylvania
Registration date : 2017-05-05

Doing Good  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doing Good    Doing Good  EmptyJune 9th 2019, 6:53 am

@oneshot 1 wrote:
No we have Low Bush but Deer and Turkeys love them. Got Huckleberry too.

oneshot
Hey oneshot
Does anyone still grow Currants?? When I was a kid my buddy and I used to Steal them off of the neighbor's currant bushes. She'd come out screamin' and swearin' and throwing things, but we ate as many as we could grab before she came after us!! Just curious, I never hear anyone talk about them anymore. I'd love to buy some, just for old times sake. I don't know if you've ever tasted them or not? Thanks buddy.
God bless:
Stoney

_________________
Super Heroes don't wear capes, they wear Dog Tags!!!!!
Back to top Go down
oneshot 1

oneshot 1

Number of posts : 602
Age : 65
Location : Missouri
Registration date : 2012-04-23

Doing Good  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doing Good    Doing Good  EmptyJune 9th 2019, 12:10 pm

Not sure haven’t heard of any but I’m sure they do.

My Brother got caught stealing Oranges down in Florida.

I like Elderberries and Persimmons around here.

oneshot
Back to top Go down
stoney1
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
stoney1

Male Number of posts : 356
Age : 70
Location : Berwick, Pennsylvania
Registration date : 2017-05-05

Doing Good  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doing Good    Doing Good  EmptyJune 9th 2019, 4:07 pm

@oneshot 1 wrote:
Not sure haven’t heard of any but I’m sure they do.

My Brother got caught stealing Oranges down in Florida.

I like Elderberries and Persimmons around here.

oneshot
oneshot
Sorry....poor choice of words. My buddy and I were 5 years old at that time. It wasn't like we were "stealing" cars, it was just what 5 year old boys did in the 50's, like grabbing corn out of the farmer's field. It was more of a prank, that tasted good. Embarassed
Stoney

_________________
Super Heroes don't wear capes, they wear Dog Tags!!!!!
Back to top Go down
oneshot 1

oneshot 1

Number of posts : 602
Age : 65
Location : Missouri
Registration date : 2012-04-23

Doing Good  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doing Good    Doing Good  EmptyJune 10th 2019, 6:31 pm

@stoney1 wrote:
@oneshot 1 wrote:
Not sure haven’t heard of any but I’m sure they do.

My Brother got caught stealing Oranges down in Florida.

I like Elderberries and Persimmons around here.

oneshot
oneshot
Sorry....poor choice of words. My buddy and I were 5 years old at that time. It wasn't like we were "stealing" cars, it was just what 5 year old boys did in the 50's, like grabbing corn out of the farmer's field. It was more of a prank, that tasted good. Embarassed
Stoney

We use to get Corn in Milk Stage for Roasting Ears.

oneshot
Back to top Go down
 
Doing Good
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Food Plots :: Home Grown Gardens-
Jump to: