Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

TC barrels

Go down 
AuthorMessage
1Longbow

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-04-04

TC barrels Empty
PostSubject: TC barrels   TC barrels EmptyJune 10th 2019, 5:55 pm

Are there other TC barrels that fit the New Englander platform? i.e.. Seneca etc.
Back to top Go down
steady eddie

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2017-09-09

TC barrels Empty
PostSubject: Re: TC barrels   TC barrels EmptyJune 12th 2019, 11:01 am

i counldnt find one to fit my new englander so i cut the percussion nub off and tapped it for a touch hole liner and made it into a flintlock
Back to top Go down
Idaholewis

Idaholewis

Number of posts : 361
Registration date : 2019-01-11

TC barrels Empty
PostSubject: Re: TC barrels   TC barrels EmptyJune 12th 2019, 3:39 pm

@1Longbow wrote:
Are there other TC barrels that fit the New Englander platform? i.e.. Seneca etc.

They made .50 and .54 Cal Barrels, and a 12 Gauge Shotgun barrel with/and without Choke tubes for the TC New Englander, A Cylinder Bore Barrel, and a Barrel that accepts Screw in Choke Tubes. The Greyhawk is a Stainless version of the New Englander, and the TreeHawk is a Camo version of the New Englander. Everything will interchange between these. I also believe the TC Black Mountain Magnum stuff will interchange? But i am not 100% on that, The Black Mountain Magnum looks identical to the New Englander, it has a Higher Powder charge Rating (Hence the name “Magnum”), and a Faster Twist for Sabots/Bullets. Hope this helps :rtup
Back to top Go down
QuinnTheEskimo

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2016-05-21

TC barrels Empty
PostSubject: Re: TC barrels   TC barrels EmptyJune 13th 2019, 5:58 am

Seneca’s and Cherokees both use 13/16’s barrels.  You can put a Seneca barrel on a Cherokee rifle without changing anything but to put a Cherokee barrel on a Seneca you have to shorten the under rib.
Seneca and Cherokee barrels don’t fit any of T/C’s other rifles.

Male Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2015-12-26

TC barrels Empty
PostSubject: Re: TC barrels   TC barrels EmptyJune 18th 2019, 9:08 am

I just had Bobby Hoyt make a smoothbore barrel for my Pennsylvania Hunter flintlock, 15/16" octagon to round, 32" long, with a regular breech plug so not the stepped down T-C patent breech.  He added a nice wedding band.  It came out at .615" bore, I'm not sure why he didn't got the extra .005" to make it a true .62 caliber.  And, it came in the white so I had to finish sand and blue it.  But the price was very reasonable compared to what I have seen T-C barrels go for.

To contact him is (717) 642-6696
Back to top Go down

TC barrels
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Traditional Muzzleloading-
Jump to: