Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Sighted in My TC .54 New Englander

Go down 
AuthorMessage
falcon

falcon

Male Number of posts : 1563
Registration date : 2012-05-28

Sighted in My TC .54 New Englander Empty
PostSubject: Sighted in My TC .54 New Englander   Sighted in My TC .54 New Englander Empty2019-06-29, 21:14

Finally got the Williams peep sight securely installed on the .54 New Englander thanks to a post by Idaholewis. Had to install a taller front sight, a Skinner. Laser bore sighted the rifle at home. Loaded the rifle at the range using round ball and 70 grains of Black MZ, a drill cloth patch and Frontiers Anti-Rust and Patch Lube.

The rifle shot about four inches low at 50 yards. Got the sight adjusted vertically but the rifle strung the shots horizontally. Before firing each shot i always install the ramrod. i've run into this before with Tupperware stocks: That stiff ramrod causes the flimsy stock to flex: Fired the rifle without the ramrod and all balls hit the 2 1/2 inch bullseye.

At 78 yards i hit the 6" steel gong every shot. Come on Fort Sill conventional muzzleloader season. i'll just hunt without the ramrod in place.

What a difference that peep sight makes.
Back to top Go down
Firestick

Firestick

Male Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2019-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Sighted in My TC .54 New Englander   Sighted in My TC .54 New Englander Empty2019-07-02, 13:51

No ram rod would be a PITA.
Back to top Go down
hunting savage

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2014-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Sighted in My TC .54 New Englander   Sighted in My TC .54 New Englander Empty2019-07-03, 09:11

DID GOOD
Back to top Go down
Idaholewis

Idaholewis

Number of posts : 497
Registration date : 2019-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Sighted in My TC .54 New Englander   Sighted in My TC .54 New Englander Empty2019-07-09, 05:09

@falcon wrote:
Finally got the Williams peep sight securely installed on the .54 New Englander thanks to a post by Idaholewis.   Had to install a taller front sight,  a Skinner.   Laser bore sighted the rifle at home.   Loaded the rifle at the range using  round ball and 70 grains of Black MZ, a drill cloth patch and Frontiers Anti-Rust and Patch Lube.  

The rifle shot about four inches low at 50 yards.   Got the sight adjusted vertically but the rifle  strung the shots horizontally.   Before firing each shot i always install the ramrod.   i've run into this before  with Tupperware stocks:  That stiff ramrod causes the flimsy stock to flex:   Fired the rifle without the ramrod and all balls hit the 2 1/2 inch bullseye.  

At 78 yards i hit the 6"  steel  gong every shot.   Come on Fort Sill conventional muzzleloader season.   i'll just hunt without the ramrod in place.

What a difference that peep sight makes.  

Falcon,  Glad my old post inspired you to install a Peep on your New Englander! It really does change a Rifle, the way we shoot them anyway :rtup A Peep sight is TRULY the next best thing to a Scope. 

I really like my New Englander after the Few Modifications i did to it, The Trigger Job i did was 1 of the Biggest helps to me, I am so use to really light Set triggers that it is nearly impossible for me to Shoot a Stock single Trigger well. While there is Nothing fancy about the TC New Englander, They are an Honest, Solid Little Rifle.
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16345
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Sighted in My TC .54 New Englander   Sighted in My TC .54 New Englander Empty2019-07-09, 09:40

Hey Floyd, how did the elk hunt go earlier this year?
Back to top Go down
falcon

falcon

Male Number of posts : 1563
Registration date : 2012-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Sighted in My TC .54 New Englander   Sighted in My TC .54 New Englander Empty2019-07-09, 09:46

Quote :
Hey Floyd, how did the elk hunt go earlier this year?

i drew a permit for 23-25 January. Got sick on 21 January and cancelled out. The weather was terrible anyway with high winds.

That's the way it goes sometimes. Will enter the Fort Sill elk draw this year.

Back to top Go down

Sighted in My TC .54 New Englander
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Traditional Muzzleloading-
Jump to: