Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Giving glory to God

Go down 
AuthorMessage
bronko22000

Male Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2016-03-22

Giving glory to God Empty
PostSubject: Giving glory to God   Giving glory to God Empty2019-07-02, 07:15

This may be a touchy subject but whatever.  For as long as I can remember I've been a believer in Christ thanks to my mother. But these last couple years I've gotten closer and closer to Him. About 2 years ago I started reading the Bible, a couple chapters a night.  And about a year ago I began tithing (giving 10% of my income to the church). Yes it sounds like a lot, especially when I used to only drop $10 or $20 in the collection. But in order to receive you must obey. 
Now before you say you can't afford it (I thought that too but I had faith in God) and let me tell you this year I've had extra funds coming from the most unlikely sources. 
Even the last rifle I bought for $400 turned out to be a custom rifle valued at over $4500!
I'm just giving you my testimony so you take it for what its worth.
Back to top Go down
CoHiCntry
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
CoHiCntry

Male Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2013-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Giving glory to God   Giving glory to God Empty2019-07-02, 07:35

Thanks for sharing. Good to hear how God is working in your life!  Tithing is a stumbling block for a lot of believers and there’s more than a few opinions on the subject.

OldMtnMan

Male Number of posts : 10418
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Giving glory to God   Giving glory to God Empty2019-07-02, 07:42

I've been a Christian all my life. I know some may find it hard to believe but it's true if you really knew me.

Good for you Clem.

I'm addicted to black powder.
Back to top Go down
oneshot 1

oneshot 1

Number of posts : 619
Registration date : 2012-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Giving glory to God   Giving glory to God Empty2019-07-02, 10:33

Been Christian for about 20 years Deacon about 5. Over this short time I have seen so much from people we are to be following just to show we all fall short and are sinners.

Before I was far worse danced with satan every day and some say they wish I was dead but it is not up to them it is up to our Lord and now I feel I’m ready when the time comes.

oneshot
Back to top Go down
Sparkitoff

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2018-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Giving glory to God   Giving glory to God Empty2019-07-02, 10:56

When I retired I went to school and became a Pastor. I led a motorcycle ministry for several years and now I am on the Praise and Worship team at church. I have recently had many answered prayers, a huge one was answered favorable just yesterday. Thanks for sharing your testimony!  God is great!
Back to top Go down
stoney1
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
stoney1

Male Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2017-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Giving glory to God   Giving glory to God Empty2019-07-03, 11:50

@bronko22000 wrote:
This may be a touchy subject but whatever.  For as long as I can remember I've been a believer in Christ thanks to my mother. But these last couple years I've gotten closer and closer to Him. About 2 years ago I started reading the Bible, a couple chapters a night.  And about a year ago I began tithing (giving 10% of my income to the church). Yes it sounds like a lot, especially when I used to only drop $10 or $20 in the collection. But in order to receive you must obey. 
Now before you say you can't afford it (I thought that too but I had faith in God) and let me tell you this year I've had extra funds coming from the most unlikely sources. 
Even the last rifle I bought for $400 turned out to be a custom rifle valued at over $4500!
I'm just giving you my testimony so you take it for what its worth.

bronko 22000
Howdy. I've been a Christian my entire life. A Lutheran until my marriage 50 years ago. Then I became a United Methodist. I'm a Deacon in my church, the chair of the board of Trustees and our Finance Committee.
I don't want to sound egotistical, the Lord hates a braggart.
I've seen so many times in my life when I thought that the world would end over money? I also found that the Lord DOES provide!!! Anytime we were short a few bucks something came up to fill that void.
4 years ago we needed a new water heater, the price $2200.00... SURE didn't have that!! Then, out of the Blue a guy stops one day, knocks on our door and says "Hey..how much for that older Explorer down there, I've noticed that it hasn't been moved for awhile?" I said " I don't use it, but it really isn't for sale." I was hoping that one day, I'd get it back on the road? It was a 2013 and in GREAT shape, it just had some electrical issues.
He said "too bad, I'd give you $3,000.00 for it. I said SOLD!!!
He got the truck, we got a new water heater with a couple of bucks to spare.
So the Lord DOES provide! HE will never give you more than you can handle! Thanks again for this.
God bless:
Stoney

OldMtnMan

Male Number of posts : 10418
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Giving glory to God   Giving glory to God Empty2019-07-03, 13:08

I thought he was going to say..........I've got a new water heater i'll trade you.  Very Happy

I'm addicted to black powder.
Back to top Go down
stoney1
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
stoney1

Male Number of posts : 356
Registration date : 2017-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Giving glory to God   Giving glory to God Empty2019-07-03, 13:32

@OldMtnMan wrote:
I thought he was going to say..........I've got a new water heater i'll trade you.  Very Happy

Thanks Pete
That would have been much easier??? But my luck doesn't run like that, even with HIS help!!

Man...these doggone "Floaters" are killing me!! They went from being little dots to what looks like strings of lint hanging off of my face? I'm constantly trying to wipe them away? Not sure who's more annoyed, me or the misses.
When I had my cataract surgery back in 2014, I asked my surgeon if they'd go away?  He said Nope, just have to live with them. My eyes are great for my age. I was 20/400 before my surgery, now I'm 20/20 both eyes. I can see a Gnat's nuts at 300 yards.  Shocked  These days it's just the darned floaters!!!

I'm making a new shooting bag for sale. I'm really turning it into a "project"!!!  headslap I'm going back and making changes that I should have made BEFORE I finished it the FIRST time! Embarassed   Oh well, Hind Sight????  Thanks for the reply buddy. If you need any wares, just let me know.
God bless:
Stoney

Giving glory to God
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: The Hunting Lodge :: Off Topic-Hunting Lodge-
Jump to: