Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

How i Cast BIG heavy ML bullets using a Lee 4-20 Bottom pour lead pot

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Idaholewis

Idaholewis

Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2019-01-11

How i Cast BIG heavy ML bullets using a Lee 4-20 Bottom pour lead pot Empty
PostSubject: How i Cast BIG heavy ML bullets using a Lee 4-20 Bottom pour lead pot   How i Cast BIG heavy ML bullets using a Lee 4-20 Bottom pour lead pot EmptyJuly 9th 2019, 5:37 am

A couple things I forgot to mention in my Video, 1 is Mold Prep, It is EXTREMELY important to clean/de-grease your Mold REALLY Good before you Start, I use Brake Cleaner from the Auto parts. 
     Ventilation is another thing, Have a Small fan at your Back, or Side Running on Low, Just enough to push fumes away from you.

A lot of you guy’s have seen my Bullet Pics over the years on various Forums and have asked me how i make them, my method? This is EXACTLY how i do it  :rtup Anyone that says you CAN’T Pour Good Quality Heavy Muzzleloader Bullets with a bottom pour lead pot Simply don’t know how!! I have been doing from my Very Beginning in this Stuff and as you can see My Bottom pour works FLAWLESS, I would go head to head with a Ladle Caster ANY Day :rtup  it’s all about what you get use to, It comes down to Technique. If you notice in the Video everything i do is 1 Fluent motion, after i Drop the Bullet from the Mold and i am headed back for another Pour, i turn/flick my Wrist and the Sprue Plate Drops Closed. 

This stuff is NOT difficult, and it’s actually quite fun to do! Along with the Rewarding feeling you get that you just made your Own Muzzleloader Bullets  :rtup And instead of being at the Mercy of Store bought, low, to no Quality Control Bullets, YOU are in Charge here! You can make 100% Perfect Bullets EVERYTIME! If they don’t turn out, Dump them back in the Pot and Pour again, You will get a Rhythm with it and be pouring PERFECT Bullets in no time

Sorry about the Video being on the Long Side, But it’s Tough to make Something like this Short. I hope you enjoy it, and Learn from it. Any questions, Feel free to Ask me!
Back to top Go down
edmehlig

edmehlig

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2010-05-13

How i Cast BIG heavy ML bullets using a Lee 4-20 Bottom pour lead pot Empty
PostSubject: Re: How i Cast BIG heavy ML bullets using a Lee 4-20 Bottom pour lead pot   How i Cast BIG heavy ML bullets using a Lee 4-20 Bottom pour lead pot EmptyJuly 9th 2019, 6:50 am

Excellent video Lew! I use Acetone to clean my molds.  I also use a Q-Tip to wipe the insides of the mold and take a tooth-pick to clean the edges of the bands to help ensure there is no dirt along the edges.
  Like you I do not use any lubricant on my molds.  I find if I do, I get some imperfections on the base of several bullets until I guess it burn off.

1 - TC Renegade / GM 45 LRH & 54Cal
Back to top Go down

How i Cast BIG heavy ML bullets using a Lee 4-20 Bottom pour lead pot
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Projectiles :: Custom Casting-
Jump to: