Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Ready To Hunt Bows

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Marty
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Marty

Male Number of posts : 3765
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Ready To Hunt Bows - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ready To Hunt Bows   Ready To Hunt Bows - Page 2 EmptyAugust 6th 2019, 6:28 pm

@chrisamx wrote:
Well, I bought my new bow and decided to go with PSE Drive 3B. Now, all I need to do is practice and maintain fundamentals for hopefully a new and exciting season.

Thanks for all the tips!
When your have your physical fundamentals down where practice sessions are mostly mental, try sticking a mental post-it on the inside of your limb when the groups look good.   "Anchor, Aim & Follow-Through"  works for me with my compound.
Best of luck with your new bow!
Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

Male Number of posts : 10394
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Ready To Hunt Bows   Ready To Hunt Bows - Page 2 EmptyAugust 7th 2019, 6:35 am

Good deal. Good luck on your first hunt with it.

I'm addicted to black powder.
Back to top Go down
chrisamx

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2019-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Ready To Hunt Bows   Ready To Hunt Bows - Page 2 EmptyAugust 7th 2019, 9:54 am

@Marty wrote:
@chrisamx wrote:
Well, I bought my new bow and decided to go with PSE Drive 3B. Now, all I need to do is practice and maintain fundamentals for hopefully a new and exciting season.

Thanks for all the tips!
When your have your physical fundamentals down where practice sessions are mostly mental, try sticking a mental post-it on the inside of your limb when the groups look good.   "Anchor, Aim & Follow-Through"  works for me with my compound.
Best of luck with your new bow!

Good tip.  The follow through part is what has me at the moment.  It seems much different than the recurve.
Back to top Go down
Renegadehunter

Renegadehunter

Male Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2018-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Ready To Hunt Bows   Ready To Hunt Bows - Page 2 EmptyAugust 8th 2019, 4:08 pm

PSE makes good stuff, you made a great choice.  Have fun, for a lot of folks it becomes a passion.

When I first started archery hunting, when an animal was in front of me I would hold the pin in the center of its lungs rather than finding a tuft of hair or something to specifically aim at.  I was even doing that on foam animal targets at 3D shoots.  I had a sticker that said "pick a spot!" on the limb for a long time.
Back to top Go down
Marty
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Marty

Male Number of posts : 3765
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Ready To Hunt Bows   Ready To Hunt Bows - Page 2 EmptyAugust 13th 2019, 6:21 pm

I too have also used "pick a spot " !  That sums it up nicely. :tup2
Back to top Go down

Ready To Hunt Bows
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Bow Hunters - Preadator Hunting - Trapping :: Bow Hunters Forum-
Jump to: