Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

New Home Defense Toy ....

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

Male Number of posts : 3490
Registration date : 2015-10-20

New Home Defense Toy .... Empty
PostSubject: New Home Defense Toy ....   New Home Defense Toy .... Empty2019-08-19, 15:11

SUBJECT: New Home Defense Toy ....

Since having lost (5) handguns in our last move (still waiting to see how this works out between the moving company, insurance etc.) My old friend Doc White called and asked if I could use some home protection, he was coming my way and had an extra toy.

Decided I would show you guys my new door greeter.

New Home Defense Toy .... Img3

Home Defense – An old friend Doc White (same guy of GRRW fame) asked if I needed a 12 gauge Remington 870 Police Special, 20 inch barrel with cylinder bore choke. Butler Creek pistol grip folding stock, extra thick recoil pad to make a LOP 14 inches. Pristine bore with extra Colonial brand screw-in chokes. Trinity railed scope mount with Millet Red Dot Scope. Parkerized with a few handling marks that aren’t noticeable. After losing several handguns this was just what the Doctor ordered.

New Home Defense Toy .... Img2

New Home Defense Gun – now working on patterns with different choke tubes and 00 Buckshot at 25 to 30 feet (8.3 yards to 10 yards). According to the NRA this distance is reasonable by law when if running isn’t an option to avoid a fight.       Old “Stand Your Ground” theory I am thinking.

Back to top Go down
oneshot 1

oneshot 1

Number of posts : 619
Registration date : 2012-04-23

PostSubject: Re: New Home Defense Toy ....   New Home Defense Toy .... Empty2019-08-19, 17:01

That will work. Harder to Conceal if needed. LOL 

oneshot
Back to top Go down
Idaholewis

Idaholewis

Number of posts : 497
Registration date : 2019-01-11

PostSubject: Re: New Home Defense Toy ....   New Home Defense Toy .... Empty2019-08-19, 21:14

That’ll do it Buck :rtup The Racking of a Pump action is a “Mind Changer” Very Happy 

I was reading through an OLD Thread way back on the CB Forum, Somebody asked “What do you use for Home Defense?” Or something along Those lines? Most everyone in the Thread answered with some form of High powered Semi auto of Sorts, Shotguns, AR’s etc. (Typical Stuff) Then up came bubba.50, He said a TC Renegade, With a well Lubed Maxi Ball. I was holding my Side Laughing lol!  The Funniest part was, I believe he was Dead Serious :ROFL
Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

Male Number of posts : 10418
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: New Home Defense Toy ....   New Home Defense Toy .... Empty2019-08-20, 06:39

A hundred pound pitbull works for me. A very friendly dog unless he senses i'm in danger.

I'm addicted to black powder.
Back to top Go down
oneshot 1

oneshot 1

Number of posts : 619
Registration date : 2012-04-23

PostSubject: Re: New Home Defense Toy ....   New Home Defense Toy .... Empty2019-08-20, 09:21

My wife has Laser on her Pistol saying all have to do most the time is just put that Laser on the bad and they will back off. I told her BS .

She has a good pistol but I like mine better because when empty mine the slide locks back just put another Mag in and go.

I can put all rounds in a 6 inch circle at 15 yards. What is funny she is my Boss but if we go check a place out she sends me in and she stays outside. I don’t think she can put someone down if needed.

oneshot
Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

PostSubject: Re: New Home Defense Toy ....   New Home Defense Toy .... Empty2019-08-20, 09:28

My wife and myself both carry Kimbers, her's is a .380 compact and mind is a 1911 A1 Government in 9mm. My compact is a Sig 938 in 9mm, all three handguns have Crimson Track Green Dots. The .380 is a neat little gun and very accurate. Like you mention - 15 to 20 yards is a good practice distance and with in the range for "Stand your Ground".

Back to top Go down
mushka

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2018-07-09

PostSubject: Re: New Home Defense Toy ....   New Home Defense Toy .... Empty2019-08-23, 08:41

Nothing I have is new.  100 lb german shepherd dog, ar15, RIA 1911 in 9mm.
Back to top Go down
BigAl52
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
BigAl52

Male Number of posts : 609
Registration date : 2016-02-03

PostSubject: Re: New Home Defense Toy ....   New Home Defense Toy .... Empty2019-08-28, 21:01

Did the moving company take the guns Buck?

John Bergmann 50 cal Lancaster
John Bergmann 54 cal Hawken
GRRW 50 cal
GRRW 58 cal
Lyman GPR 54 cal flintlock L&R lock davis deerslayer trigger
Lyman Trade Rifle 54 cal
CVA Hawken 58 cal by Jonathan
Hawken Squirrel Rifle 40 cal by John Bergman
Pedersoli Penn Rifle 50 cal flintlock
Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

PostSubject: Re: New Home Defense Toy ....   New Home Defense Toy .... Empty2019-08-29, 09:16

@BigAl52 wrote:
Did the moving company take the guns Buck?
Yes, now have the Colorado and Utah Insurance Commissions involved along with police agencies and filed with the FBI.  Called Colorado and Utah Trouble Shooters for a little TV coverage to make folks aware of this moving company.    Mad

Back to top Go down
BigAl52
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
BigAl52

Male Number of posts : 609
Registration date : 2016-02-03

PostSubject: Re: New Home Defense Toy ....   New Home Defense Toy .... Empty2019-08-29, 21:13

I wish you luck and I hope you get some where. On a side note I love the Sig P238 and 938 series. I carry a 938 with the hogue grip on it every day. Im looking at getting another 238 soon.

John Bergmann 50 cal Lancaster
John Bergmann 54 cal Hawken
GRRW 50 cal
GRRW 58 cal
Lyman GPR 54 cal flintlock L&R lock davis deerslayer trigger
Lyman Trade Rifle 54 cal
CVA Hawken 58 cal by Jonathan
Hawken Squirrel Rifle 40 cal by John Bergman
Pedersoli Penn Rifle 50 cal flintlock
Back to top Go down
robinsroost

Male Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2016-03-26

PostSubject: Re: New Home Defense Toy ....   New Home Defense Toy .... Empty2019-09-14, 13:33

Buck,  I am a retired LEO and I hope you prosecute those SOB's when they catch them.  I have three handguns I depend on: a Colt Government Model 1911, 45acp, secured near the front door, a Glock G22, 40, in the bed room and a new Ruger ECS9's, 9mm, secured near my desk.  Keep yer powder dry...…..robin
Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

PostSubject: Re: New Home Defense Toy ....   New Home Defense Toy .... Empty2019-09-15, 13:12

@robinsroost wrote:
Buck,  I am a retired LEO and I hope you prosecute those SOB's when they catch them.  I have three handguns I depend on: a Colt Government Model 1911, 45acp, secured near the front door, a Glock G22, 40, in the bed room and a new Ruger ECS9's, 9mm, secured near my desk.  Keep yer powder dry...…..robin

Robin how do you like the Ruger ECS9 ? The price is right, how's the quality of the firearm ?  

I am a big fan of most everything Ruger has ever made, have had three different serious Ruger Collections (now all gone). Still think about them as being the best priced firerarms built in America.

Yes, when those that were involved in our losts are caught we will prosecute those turds.  Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

New Home Defense Toy ....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: The Hunting Lodge :: Off Topic-Hunting Lodge-
Jump to: