Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

October Country “Pushing Daisies” Patches

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Idaholewis

Idaholewis

Number of posts : 497
Registration date : 2019-01-11

October Country “Pushing Daisies” Patches Empty
PostSubject: October Country “Pushing Daisies” Patches   October Country “Pushing Daisies” Patches Empty2019-08-20, 16:29

These came in the Mail this morning, I REALLY like the looks, and Size of these, I am looking forward to testing them out  :rtup If they end up working well it will be HANDY for me to get them, i am only 45 Minutes or so from October Country.

October Country “Pushing Daisies” Patches ULDXRXfl

They say that these won’t “Bunch up” around the Ball, They look to be a better Fit to the Ball compared to the Round Patches? This is why i chose to Shoot 36 Cal Patches in my .45, and it worked STELLAR! These New OC “Pushing Daisies” Patches look Darn good to me :rtup
October Country “Pushing Daisies” Patches IcGnT0cl
October Country “Pushing Daisies” Patches PiUItXrl
Back to top Go down
Smokin' Joe
Forum
Forum
Smokin' Joe

Male Number of posts : 2075
Registration date : 2011-11-23

PostSubject: Re: October Country “Pushing Daisies” Patches   October Country “Pushing Daisies” Patches Empty2019-08-23, 07:09

I lube up my patches with Jon's Frontier's patch lube.  I melt down some Patch Lube, dip every other patch and stack them up.  I then put the stack in a zip lock sandwich bag and squeeze them in a vice to ring them out.  All the patches get evenly coated and ready to go.  The Daisies are nice to load. 

October Country “Pushing Daisies” Patches HTP750

Semper Fi……..
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16345
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: October Country “Pushing Daisies” Patches   October Country “Pushing Daisies” Patches Empty2019-08-23, 11:07

Always have been interested in that design. Are they harder to center up in the bore?
Back to top Go down
Smokin' Joe
Forum
Forum
Smokin' Joe

PostSubject: Re: October Country “Pushing Daisies” Patches   October Country “Pushing Daisies” Patches Empty2019-08-23, 11:41

I don't really think so.  At the range you're not in a hurry anyway.  If hunting.....and a bear was charging, I don't think you would mind if the patch was a little crooked.  Laughing

Semper Fi……..
Back to top Go down
Renegadehunter

Renegadehunter

Male Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2018-10-12

PostSubject: Re: October Country “Pushing Daisies” Patches   October Country “Pushing Daisies” Patches Empty2019-08-26, 07:17

@Smokin' Joe wrote:
I don't really think so.  At the range you're not in a hurry anyway.  If hunting.....and a bear was charging, I don't think you would mind if the patch was a little crooked.  Laughing

I have new respect for you.
You bother with a patch when Ephriam is charging?
Back to top Go down
Smokin' Joe
Forum
Forum
Smokin' Joe

PostSubject: Re: October Country “Pushing Daisies” Patches   October Country “Pushing Daisies” Patches Empty2019-08-26, 07:41

That’s Only after I run a “wet patch - dry patch” down the barrel first, then the daisy patch. lol!

Semper Fi……..
Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

Male Number of posts : 3490
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: October Country “Pushing Daisies” Patches   October Country “Pushing Daisies” Patches Empty2019-08-26, 12:55

@Smokin' Joe wrote:
That’s Only after I run a “wet patch - dry patch” down the barrel first, then the daisy patch. lol!
Joe does have a routine so don't mess with his process ...   :Grace   headslap   cheers  bear or not ....  lol!

Back to top Go down
Idaholewis

Idaholewis

PostSubject: Re: October Country “Pushing Daisies” Patches   October Country “Pushing Daisies” Patches Empty2019-08-27, 05:36

Well fellas i played around with these Patches yesterday, I REALLY Like them. BUT, I feel like a guy would be Better off with a Smaller Patch, i could be Wrong? For example, look at how Good i shot using MUCH shorter .36 Caliber Patches in my .45 Cal Rifle, To me it just makes good sense, I don’t like the way the Caliber Specific Patches Bunch up on Top of the Ball Around the Short Starter. To me, that just seems like NOT a good deal?

The Cool part is, I just got my Lyman Great Plains .54 Cal Roundball Barrel Yesterday and i have it FULLY ready to Roll this Morning  :rtup And believe it or not, These October Country .40-.49 Patches fit PERFECT in .54 Cal, at least to me they do, I loaded the Rifle last night to Check, The Fit is AWESOME and NO Bunching up. 

Paper Targets is the ONLY way to Go for Accuracy Reports, But i had forgotten my Target Board yesterday, So that Left my Gong, it’s MUCH more fun and Satisfying to Ring The Gong anyway! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Idaholewis

Idaholewis

PostSubject: Re: October Country “Pushing Daisies” Patches   October Country “Pushing Daisies” Patches Empty2019-08-27, 05:42

I will soon find out if this Short Patch stuff is as good as I believe it is? Like i said, It just makes good sense to me. That is 1 thing I remember NOT liking WAY back when i shot a Few Roundballs, Was the Caliber Specific Patches Grabbing the Short Starter and Bunching up on top of the Ball. These .40-.49 Patches Seem like an IDEAL fit for .54 Cal, at least to me they do. 

I will get more of these October Country Patches in .36 Cal for my .45  :rtup
Back to top Go down
Idaholewis

Idaholewis

PostSubject: Re: October Country “Pushing Daisies” Patches   October Country “Pushing Daisies” Patches Empty2019-08-27, 06:04

On a Side note, I have no Doubt that this Little .45 Patched Roundball with just 50 Grains of Swiss 2F Powder Would be DEADLY on Deer! Recoil is nearly non Existent, Making it LOTS of fun to Sit down and COMFORTABLY Shoot, You could EASILY shoot this Gun all day and not be Bothered by it. I REALLY like this .45 MR, AWESOME Little Rifle!!

The .54 Lyman GP is up this morning, 85-90 Grains of Swiss 2F, the .530 Balls Weigh 224-225 Grains. Gonna have my Dad with me this Morning, Dad is a MUCH MUCH better open Sight shooter than i am, His Eye sight is LAZER Good, Mine is NOT!

Here is a Good example of how good my Dad can See, I was glassing with my Binoculars and spotted a Tom Turkey Strutted up at the point of the Red Arrow in the Field WAY DOWN THERE, I could see it fine through my Binos. I looked over at my Dad and Told him, He said “Yea, i can see it” I thought to myself, YOU GOTTA BE JOKING ME??? He pointed and Explained EXACTLY where the Turkey was at! He could see the Spot, He Couldn’t Define EXACTLY what it was, But he could see it was there in the Field! Here is the Astonishing part, That Turkey was 1,500 Yards away NO FLIPPING JOKE!! Without my Binoculars, all i could yell you is there is a Field Down there  Very Happy  My Dad on the other Hand Could see a Turkey. There is NO Comparison in his Eyesight and Mine, It’s been that way ALL my Life. I can remember as a young Kid, Dad would Spot Deer in the Bottom of Old Logging Cuts Hundreds of Yards away in Brush etc. that i NEVER did See, Even with him Trying to Guide me to them.
October Country “Pushing Daisies” Patches Xm8TDCUl
Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

Male Number of posts : 10418
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: October Country “Pushing Daisies” Patches   October Country “Pushing Daisies” Patches Empty2019-08-27, 07:44

I liked the daisy patches. I thought they loaded easier.

btw If you buy the lubed patches from October he lubes them with his bear tallow.

I'm addicted to black powder.
Back to top Go down
Idaholewis

Idaholewis

PostSubject: Re: October Country “Pushing Daisies” Patches   October Country “Pushing Daisies” Patches Empty2019-08-28, 05:01

@OldMtnMan wrote:
I liked the daisy patches. I thought they loaded easier.

btw If you buy the lubed patches from October he lubes them with his bear tallow.

I like them as well, But i do believe there is something to going Smaller in Patch Diameter, More testing will prove it

Here is my .530 Ball with a .45 Cal (.40-.49 Cal) Daisy Patch, In my opinion this is IDEAL, I Don’t see any benefit from the Excess Patch Bunched up in front of the Ball? My new .54 Shot STELLAR with this .45 Cal Daisy Patch!! Just like my little .45 Cal did with .36 Cal Patches the other day
October Country “Pushing Daisies” Patches QEvS5E7l

Here is my .45 Cal with “Proper” Patch Size (.40-.49) I don’t like this, i feel the Patch is to Big here, Once i Short start the Ball the Excess Patch “GRABS” and holds on to the Short Starter, Accuracy was NOT as good either, It wasn’t horrible, But it wasn’t as tight as the other Day when i used the Shorter .36 Cal Patches That Don’t “Bunch up” and Grab the Short Starter. Again, more testing will prove it, But I REALLY Believe there is something to it. I need to pick up some of these Daisy Patches in .36 Cal for my .45 
October Country “Pushing Daisies” Patches KJ8TRDkl
Back to top Go down

October Country “Pushing Daisies” Patches
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Shooting Accessories-
Jump to: