Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Bought a new one today

Go down 
AuthorMessage
aviomech

aviomech

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2011-02-20

Bought a new one today Empty
PostSubject: Bought a new one today   Bought a new one today EmptyMarch 12th 2011, 7:41 pm

Well I needed a scope for my Knight Shadow and was going to take my Bushnell Elite off my T/C Contender........But decided to go look around.......I ended up at Fisherman's (sporting goods store) and saw a couple Redfield Revolutions on sale.....I remember "the Butcher" talking about it on here and decided to give it a look......Sure enough that 2-7x 33 is like looking thru a Leupold, because it is!! Says "A brand of Leupold and Stevens" on the box. Beaverton, OR....just across town from me.....American made, a definite plus......and at $149, I was sold!!! Going on the Knight tonight and to the range tomorrow.....I will post back with my results....but so far it looks to be a good quality scope for the money...
Back to top Go down
The Butcher

The Butcher

Number of posts : 178
Registration date : 2011-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Bought a new one today   Bought a new one today EmptyMarch 13th 2011, 3:00 pm

I don't think you made a bad choice. I was really impressed with them from the moment I looked through them. I do believe, now is the time to buy them. I may be a little crazy in my thinking, but oh well, here it goes. Leupold, is offering a better scope (Redfield Revolution) , than their own labeled Leupold Rifleman, for less money. The Redfield, has better turret adjustments also. I do believe it is just a matter of time, before the price rises, or something. I don't know this for sure, but seems like they offered a better scope, for less, to get the Redfield name, back out there. I'm glad they did, as Redfield always offered good glass, except for a short time in the 80's. For the money you spent, I feel you got quality and value.

Let us know, as I too did purchase one, but have not taken it to the range yet. I like your reason for buying also. I know the lenses, are most likely made elsewhere, but assembled in this country. We all have to try and keep our people working. Keep us posted.
Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

Male Number of posts : 10394
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Bought a new one today   Bought a new one today EmptyMarch 14th 2011, 11:38 am

It doesn't matter what Redfield had. The Revolution is all Leupold parts made by Leupold workers.

Think of it as a VX-1 with a Redfield name on it. Slightly less lens coatings though and two piece tube.

The good part is it comes with the lifetime Leupold warranty.

I'm addicted to black powder.
Back to top Go down
aviomech

aviomech

PostSubject: Re: Bought a new one today   Bought a new one today EmptyMarch 14th 2011, 9:43 pm

Well I had some technical difficulties with the Knight that I won't get into now, but this scope ended up on my H&R Ultra chambered in 450 Marlin for testing.....If the scope can take its abuse, it can anything you throw at it!!

So let me set the scene.......in the mid 40's, wind gusting, raining mild to hard.....at the 50yd range to get on paper, but ended up staying there......6 shooters(incl me) in the beginning, then came the hard rain, 1 guy left because his rifle was getting wet, 2 left because they couldn't see their targets. Just me and a couple guys shooting there mosin nagants...... not ideal, but I pressed on...

couple shots at 25 and I got it close, put the target out to 50, and zeroed it in for my 300gr reloads......shot 4, not a bad group......zeroed it for my 400 gr reloads........not a bad group.......then I zeroed it for factory 350gr.......great group!!! Then I ran 1 dry patch down the barrel and shot 3 more.......1 big hole!!!! I know this is only 50yds, but in the weather, shooting a high recoil rifle....it was quite a task....

This Redfield Revolution was clear as day, held zero shot after shot, did not fog up...and put a smile on this rugged face!! I highly recommend this scope to anyone.....only test left is a 28 degree Michigan morning with heavy snow......I'll take care of that this next season!! I'm leaving this one on my 450, but I'm definitely buying one for my Optima for next season!!!

My only disappointment, was the factory loads out-shot my reloads....I might have gotten better groups if I swabbed the barrel after every few shots.....oh well.....can not really improve on the Hornady 350 gr.....back to the drawing board to see if I can atleast match them.....

300gr Speer......4 shot
Bought a new one today 100_0047

400gr Speer.....4 shot
Bought a new one today 100_0048

350gr Hornady.....dirty barrel.....3 shot
Bought a new one today 100_0043

350gr Hornady....1 dry patch......3 shot
Bought a new one today 100_0041
Back to top Go down
Marty
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Marty

Male Number of posts : 3767
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Bought a new one today   Bought a new one today EmptyMarch 15th 2011, 5:54 am

Woe...a 450 Marlin. Now there's a .45 belted-out to the max. Awesome black bear thumper.
Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

Male Number of posts : 10394
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Bought a new one today   Bought a new one today EmptyMarch 15th 2011, 9:31 am

aviomech,

You have no fear in the snow. I put a Revolution on my Marlin 30-30. I've had it out in a blizzard and it didn't fog up. Hard to beat Leupold lenses.

I'm addicted to black powder.
Back to top Go down
aviomech

aviomech

PostSubject: Re: Bought a new one today   Bought a new one today EmptyMarch 15th 2011, 11:39 pm

Colorado wrote:
aviomech,

You have no fear in the snow. I put a Revolution on my Marlin 30-30. I've had it out in a blizzard and it didn't fog up. Hard to beat Leupold lenses.

I was kinda thinking it would be good, thats why I'm confident to buy a second one!!
Back to top Go down
leserz

leserz

Male Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2011-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Bought a new one today   Bought a new one today EmptyApril 3rd 2011, 12:58 am

i just got a accura delivered today with a redfield on it so far looks great. havent shot it yet but i will next week if able to.
mine is a 3-9 x40
Back to top Go down
hawgslayer

hawgslayer

Number of posts : 3690
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Bought a new one today   Bought a new one today EmptyApril 3rd 2011, 5:29 am

Cool

I have an ACCURA and it has a REDFIELD 3X9X40 on it and I wouldn't change it for anything. Exclamation Exclamation Hope you get out there and make some smoke. Exclamation I know you won't be disappointed. cheers cheers

GOOD LUCK and have a great time cheers

KEEPEM IN THE " 10 " RING   

Semper Fi...... '66-'69
Back to top Go down
Rick

Rick

Male Number of posts : 920
Registration date : 2010-01-26

PostSubject: Re: Bought a new one today   Bought a new one today EmptyApril 3rd 2011, 7:34 am

Now that is some nice shooting and I think by the looks of it the scope is doing it's job.

Bought a new one today Apex-s10
Back to top Go down
http://whitetailwoods.blogspot.com

Bought a new one today
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Optics-
Jump to: