Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

What this area is about

Go down 
AuthorMessage
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16228
Registration date : 2008-05-19

What this area is about Empty
PostSubject: What this area is about   What this area is about EmptyApril 18th 2011, 6:28 pm

I thought it'd be nice to have the Lodge set up where we all can get together and talk about other outdoors stuff, rather than "just" guns or archery. A place where you can show off all your other outdoor items like fishing for example.

I know i certainly could talk about fishing and some of my favorite lures and such!
Back to top Go down
https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com

PostSubject: Re: What this area is about   What this area is about EmptySeptember 19th 2016, 1:30 am

Just joined and wonder about putting up my own Avatar, what is the process please?
Gabby
Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

Male Number of posts : 10258
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: What this area is about   What this area is about EmptySeptember 19th 2016, 8:15 am

Gabby wrote:
Just joined and wonder about putting up my own Avatar, what is the process please?
Gabby

Just click on your profile and then you'll see a row of buttons at the top. Click on avatar.

I'm addicted to black powder.
Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

Male Number of posts : 3355
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: What this area is about   What this area is about EmptyJuly 25th 2017, 6:43 am

Do as told, its easy.

Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

PostSubject: Re: What this area is about   What this area is about EmptyMarch 13th 2018, 8:25 am

Like you said lets talk about something other than guns and accessories, so here's a off the wall topic I have been involved with for the last 70 years, (collecting family heirlooms).

Now getting close to getting settled one more time, just had the restoration folks get through with their work, movers finally got on board and paid for the damage on a dozen items. We got lucky with one piece with only a small crack that finished out like new, can't see where the damage was thank goodness.

This piece was built while Abe Lincoln was President according to the hardware design, the East Lake Movement lasted until the 1890's closing it's doors 10 years before in 1880's. Charles L. Eastlake designs were displayed at the Philadelphia Centennial Exhibition in 1876 and remained popular until about 1890.

My great grandfather bought this piece when he was in Chicago in the early 1870's, so its been handed down all these years now sitting in our front parlor. Those interested can find this piece in several of the books about this movement (we get folks showing up every few years asking to see and take photos for their book on antiques they are working on).  

What this area is about Victorian-furniture-east_lake_movement

Jon, you said talk about other interests, its your fault.........

Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Buck Conner

PostSubject: Re: What this area is about   What this area is about EmptyJuly 8th 2018, 12:51 pm

Hey guys,

What's your weather like ??? 

It's hot here in the Rockies (Utah), man in St. George where all those old farts live it's over 110 today. 

Where this old fart lives (4 hrs north of St. George) it's 100 even today and the wife had me planning and moving flowers. She's trying to knock me off or she's nuts .....

I told her I like this Yucca plant that Jonathan shared with us a while back.  Put this one on my grave.

What this area is about 100_1519

I really like this one, what variety is it guys. Went to the garden center yesterday and they had some different type that I didn't like.

Back to top Go down

What this area is about
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: The Hunting Lodge :: Off Topic-Hunting Lodge-
Jump to: