Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Another Konus

Go down 
AuthorMessage
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16313
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Another Konus Empty
PostSubject: Another Konus   Another Konus EmptyJuly 9th 2011, 10:31 pm

My brother bought my dad a Konushot 3-10x40 scope for his birthday and i like it so far. I mounted it on his Apex 30-06 and as soon as i get some ammo loaded up we'll give it a try and see how it is.

I actually like the 44mm lens better than the 40mm. The 40mm just seems tiny but after shooting mine for so long, thats probably why.
Back to top Go down
black powder

black powder

Male Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2011-05-20

Another Konus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Konus   Another Konus EmptyJuly 16th 2011, 8:58 am

i did a search and got this on the internet [for what its worth] let us know how you like it ..

Pros: cheap
Cons: very basic, can't withstand .308 recoil
Would recommend: no

Collin wrote:

I used this scope on my R700 and I was very disappointed with it. It took forever to zero it in, and when I figured out why, I was pissed. Every time I shot the reticle would move and turn inside the scope! On top of that the scope was difficult to focus and very blurry at high magnification. All in all, this is a cheap scope for small caliber rifles.
Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

Male Number of posts : 10394
Registration date : 2010-09-23

Another Konus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Konus   Another Konus EmptyJuly 16th 2011, 9:28 am

@black powder wrote:
i did a search and got this on the internet [for what its worth] let us know how you like it ..

Pros: cheap
Cons: very basic, can't withstand .308 recoil
Would recommend: no

Collin wrote:

I used this scope on my R700 and I was very disappointed with it. It took forever to zero it in, and when I figured out why, I was pissed. Every time I shot the reticle would move and turn inside the scope! On top of that the scope was difficult to focus and very blurry at high magnification. All in all, this is a cheap scope for small caliber rifles.

That's rubbish! I sighted mine in with only 5 shots. It hasn't moved since. I'll have to check, but i think the reticle is etched on the lens. How can that move?

As for being blurry? More rubbish! It's as clear as any scopes i've owned. Including Leupolds.

Who was paying that guy?

I'm addicted to black powder.
Back to top Go down
mikieday

Male Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2011-03-08

Another Konus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Konus   Another Konus EmptyJuly 16th 2011, 10:32 am

just like anything else there are good ones and bad ones..i love my konus so far..it replaced my Leuapold which failed tohold zero on me twice, sure its life time warranty but both times were durning season..
Back to top Go down
black powder

black powder

Male Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2011-05-20

Another Konus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Konus   Another Konus EmptyJuly 16th 2011, 11:12 am

glad to hear a postitive answere ...that is what a forum is for [information + or - ]
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Another Konus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Konus   Another Konus EmptyJuly 16th 2011, 11:37 am

As everything, theres always going to be a handful of bad deals.

This one however was dead center out of the box but low at 50 yards. 30 clicks up and i had it in the center bulls eye. Only a few clicks adjustment for 100 yards.

I like it, im used to my 44mm Konus on my other rifle but this one has been holding up great so far.

The thicker cross hairs are a bit blurry at 12x but in the field, you wont know the difference as you're aiming at an animal and not a bulls eye.

But for $80 shipped, its doing the job we need it to do.
Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

Another Konus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Konus   Another Konus EmptyJuly 16th 2011, 2:54 pm

Just back from the range. Here's a post I made on another forum. This was done with the Konus that came with the Wolf. Very impressive little gun.

Back from the range. The CF guys were pretty friendly, and one of them spotted for me.

I shot MOA at 100yds. I adjusted the scope to shoot 1" high. It turns out there was no 150yd targets. It jumped to 200 yds, and then on out to 1000yds in 100yd jumps.

With the thought that it was going to shoot 15" low at 200yds. I held what I thought was 15" high. The first shot was 1" right and next to the bull center. I was blown away, but not as much as the CF guys. I think I opened some eyes about the accuracy of muzzleloaders today. I took two more shots, and ended up with a 2" group. I figured holding on the spine of an elk should get me meat.

They challanged me to shoot a metal coyote at 275 yds. I just guessed at the holdover, and hit it on the front shoulder. I quit after that shot, and left them scratching their heads.

I'm so impressed with the inexpensive CVA Wolf. I never expected it to shoot this well. It must love the load i'm shooting, and i'm not changing a thing.

I don't know if i'd take a chance of using that much hold over on an elk at 200yds, and the fpe looks a little weak. I'm going to setup some targets in the mountains at 150 yds. I'll get it to shoot dead on at that distance, and see how it looks at the shorter distances. I'll make that my max distance for elk. If I can't get that close. I shouldn't call myself a hunter.

Thanks for the help guys.

Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Another Konus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Konus   Another Konus EmptyJuly 16th 2011, 3:09 pm

Wow, if thats the Thor, put it right on its spine and let it fly at 200 yards! Plenty of juice to take her down clean.
Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

Another Konus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another Konus   Another Konus EmptyJuly 16th 2011, 4:45 pm

I might boost it up to 110 gr to be sure. Yes, the Thor. My gun really likes them.

That foam thingy I put on the comb took all the pain away from my cheek, so I can handle some more powder.

Back to top Go down

Another Konus
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Optics-
Jump to: