Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Scope ring question

Go down 
AuthorMessage
KraQr4x4

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2011-01-15

Scope ring question Empty
PostSubject: Scope ring question   Scope ring question EmptyAugust 7th 2011, 8:04 am

Seeking advice on a set of scope rings or mounts that will allow me to put a 50mm scope on my V2. I have the durasight mount system from CVA but it will only allow a 40mm scope without hitting the barrel.

Is there a see through scope ring available for the V2 that will allow you to put a 50mm and still allow you to look under the scope?

I recently saw a hunting show and the person had what looked like the durasight system with a 50mm scope. Maybe she had a shim of some sort to lift it up.

I have a nice 50mm Leupold scope to use , so Im thinking it would be cheaper to buy different scope rings then a new 40mm scope.

any advice.
Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

Male Number of posts : 10400
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Scope ring question   Scope ring question EmptyAugust 7th 2011, 8:09 am

The problem I have with big scopes is the distance your cheek is off the stock. The thumbhole stock has a higher comb. Do you have that?

You might check Talley mounts. They might have a high version for the V2.

I'm addicted to black powder.
Back to top Go down
KraQr4x4

PostSubject: Re: Scope ring question   Scope ring question EmptyAugust 7th 2011, 8:57 am

No thumbhole stock here, I will look at that Talley option. Worse case I will have to invest in a new 40mm scope.

I guess i have always used a larger 50mm and it feels strange going to a smaller one. I tried an old 33mm scope on there and it just didnt feel comfortable at all.

Thanks for the input

Back to top Go down
jeepman

jeepman

Male Number of posts : 619
Registration date : 2010-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Scope ring question   Scope ring question EmptyAugust 7th 2011, 9:07 am

Talley ans deadnutz both make can be ordered in low, med and hi. Ray

PostSubject: Re: Scope ring question   Scope ring question EmptyAugust 7th 2011, 9:29 am

I see now where that you can order the durasight deadon mount in a high version that will fit the 50mm scope. I guess I did not specify and they sent me the medium height one that only fits a 40mm scope.

My bad on this one.

I will try to swap out and get the higher set mount so that I can use my 50mm scope that i am comfortable with.

Thanks for the input from everyone.

Back to top Go down
Marty
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Marty

Male Number of posts : 3776
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Scope ring question   Scope ring question EmptyAugust 7th 2011, 12:27 pm

KraQr4x4,

I have a 3x9x50mm Nikon Prostaff mounted on my CVA Kodiak. I use the WEAVER Stainless Steel HIGH Rings on a one-piece rail... No problems ever.
Back to top Go down
hometheaterman

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2011-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Scope ring question   Scope ring question EmptySeptember 2nd 2011, 1:13 pm

I'm a big fan of a quality Weaver style base and a set of Burris Signature Zee rings.
Back to top Go down

Scope ring question
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Optics-
Jump to: