HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

it is election day, help me figure what to get for my sks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
corey012778

Male Number of posts : 2309
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: it is election day, help me figure what to get for my sks   November 4th 2008, 10:04 am

this stock is around $50

this one is about $80

this kit is around $150

a bipod for it around $25

case of 1000 rds of 7.62x39 (it won't shoot with out ammo)

or just sell the damn thing. obama wins they be coming after first

bad monkey  :wow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14469

PostSubject: Re: it is election day, help me figure what to get for my sks   November 4th 2008, 10:09 am

I like the bottom stock the best.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
corey012778

PostSubject: Re: it is election day, help me figure what to get for my sks   November 4th 2008, 10:38 am

the tasco t6 stock is one of the better fitting stocks on the market. and all that getting everything for the damn law on replacing sks parts.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
VAKnight

Male Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: it is election day, help me figure what to get for my sks   November 7th 2008, 8:50 pm

I followed a differnt path...I went out and bought a Mossberg 12 gauge 7+1 security model on election night.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cayugad

Male Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-09-29

PostSubject: Re: it is election day, help me figure what to get for my sks   November 7th 2008, 9:45 pm

Why would you want a new stock? The wooden stock on my rifle is fine. It is acceptable wood, and fits the hardware just fine. I have a friend that put a monte carlo stock on his, and it effected the accuracy. Either that or as I joke with him, he never could hit a bull in the xxx.

George Carlin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
corey012778

PostSubject: Re: it is election day, help me figure what to get for my sks   November 8th 2008, 1:16 am

dropping the new stock. may go out and get some ammo or brass, primers, powders, and dies. maybe 5rd and an hi cap.

may just buy another wood stock and send to Jon to have him refinish
they are $20.
as for why:
dave that is what happens when the parts are out there for it.

may just put money out for a trigger job ($60) and firing pin spring ($35+shipping). also thinking of having studs drilled into the stock.

Edit:
did a little looking on the net, replacement springs are $9+ shipping, and a complete walk thought on how to do it.

anyone up for a challenge in a few months. small parts affraid

Jon you think moly would be a easy way. when I to a complete field strip. I spray remoil all in the whole trigger group. next time out the trigger pull is great for 10shots groups get tight, after 10shots it goes to hell.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
VAKnight

Male Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: it is election day, help me figure what to get for my sks   November 8th 2008, 1:54 pm

Oh..just a heads up from personal experience...the top stock does not fit the hands well, and the middle stock makes stripping the bold assembly impossible without removing the stock.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cayugad

Male Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-09-29

PostSubject: Re: it is election day, help me figure what to get for my sks   November 8th 2008, 8:52 pm

I actually got out my SKS today and cleaned it. Not because I had shot it, but because it has been sitting in a side rack for a long time. I could not believe all the dust and stuff that had collected in that barrel, and the gun cabinet has glass doors even. So since it was snowing and rotten out, I cleaned all my center fire rifles and handguns. Now the house smells like Hoppies #9. When I was a kid, Dad and I would clean our rifles with Hoppies, and mother always hated that smell... Kind of made me think of old days, stilling there swabbing the bores and wiping all of them down.

George Carlin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: it is election day, help me figure what to get for my sks   

Back to top Go down

it is election day, help me figure what to get for my sks
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Modern Shooting :: Modern Shooters-
Jump to: