Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

I have the worst luck

Go down 
AuthorMessage
chaded

Male Number of posts : 1191
Registration date : 2011-05-08

I have the worst luck Empty
PostSubject: I have the worst luck   I have the worst luck EmptyAugust 29th 2011, 12:58 pm

Well I got my redfield scope today, i was pretty excited. I look threw it and there was black specs in the glass!!! I first thought it may have been on the outside but I used a cloth for my binos on it and wiped it clean and they were still there. On 9x you couldnt see them but as you backed it down you could see them. I have everything ready to go to shoot tomorrow and now thats not happening. I'm sure redfield would take care of it but im returning the scope for a refund. I went threw Carlos for my next scope which is a Burris II which I should of done the first time and saved myself this mess.
Back to top Go down
Tony

Tony

Male Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2011-04-26

PostSubject: Re: I have the worst luck   I have the worst luck EmptyAugust 29th 2011, 1:56 pm

Chad, are you cursed? The Burris Fullfield II is a very good scope. Rugged and holds zero with the best of them. Eye relief gets a little tight on higher power but all in all an extremely dependable scope that will make your Pro Hunter a gun you can trust. Are you getting the Ballistic Plex?

Harvester Smooth Sabot
100 gr. BH209-Win 209 Primer

Leupold VX-3 3.5-10x40 CDS
Back to top Go down
Omega45

Omega45

Male Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2010-04-15

PostSubject: Re: I have the worst luck   I have the worst luck EmptyAugust 29th 2011, 1:58 pm

Need me to send you a set of Durasights? Open sights is all you really need anyway. lol!

PostSubject: Re: I have the worst luck   I have the worst luck EmptyAugust 29th 2011, 2:00 pm

Man I don't know. I was excited when my scope arrived today but I had to calm myself down and say "Now Chad don't get to excited you haven't opened it yet" lol. Sure enough. Yeah I got the Ballistic Plex. I think the eye relief should be fine because here lately I thought I would want a lot but looking threw some scopes with a good bit of eye relief I found them to have too much relief.
Back to top Go down
chaded

PostSubject: Re: I have the worst luck   I have the worst luck EmptyAugust 29th 2011, 2:02 pm

@Omega45 wrote:
Need me to send you a set of Durasights? Open sights is all you really need anyway. lol!

Yeah if your shooting at.....ah nevermind. lol!
Back to top Go down
jeepman

jeepman

Male Number of posts : 619
Registration date : 2010-12-24

PostSubject: Re: I have the worst luck   I have the worst luck EmptyAugust 29th 2011, 3:03 pm

Chad the long eye relief is nice when your shooting at weird angles and positions.. i had a nikon 3-9x40 buckmater on my triumph for awhile. i practice from various shooting positions, since i hunt open country and don't have the luxury of a stand. well i got dinged in the brow while practising. needless to say i now have a bushnell with a lot of eye relief and can shoot from any position, without worrying about the infamous brow pop lol.FYI, no blood was spilled affraid Ray

Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Marty

Male Number of posts : 3774
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: I have the worst luck   I have the worst luck EmptyAugust 30th 2011, 9:48 pm

I'd just get a replacement right from the Redfield factory.
Back to top Go down
chaded

PostSubject: Re: I have the worst luck   I have the worst luck EmptyAugust 30th 2011, 9:52 pm

I thought about it but decided to go with the burris instead. It looked like a decent scope besides the specs in the glass. Only thing besides that I didnt care much for was the adjustment knobs but I could of lived with it.
Back to top Go down
hometheaterman

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2011-09-02

PostSubject: Re: I have the worst luck   I have the worst luck EmptySeptember 2nd 2011, 12:14 pm

I have several of the Burris FFII's and to me they are one of the best buys out there as far as a scope goes. They have great glass, and I'm sure you will love it.

I'm curious to try the new E1's to test out, but so far I haven't gotten myself to buy one to test yet.
Back to top Go down

I have the worst luck
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Optics-
Jump to: