Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Burris Fullfield II with Ballistic Plex

Go down 
AuthorMessage
chaded

Male Number of posts : 1191
Registration date : 2011-05-08

Burris Fullfield II with Ballistic Plex  Empty
PostSubject: Burris Fullfield II with Ballistic Plex    Burris Fullfield II with Ballistic Plex  EmptySeptember 6th 2011, 1:39 pm

Just got my scope today from Carlos, mounted it and took a couple pictures. Absolutely Love it!! Glass is SUPER clear and the scope is built like a tank. I also love the way it looks on my Pro Hunter! Cool Thanks again Carlos!
Burris Fullfield II with Ballistic Plex  003-6
Burris Fullfield II with Ballistic Plex  007-5
Back to top Go down
sqezer

Male Number of posts : 1735
Registration date : 2009-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Burris Fullfield II with Ballistic Plex    Burris Fullfield II with Ballistic Plex  EmptySeptember 6th 2011, 1:57 pm

nice

EndeavorShooter

EndeavorShooter

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2011-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Burris Fullfield II with Ballistic Plex    Burris Fullfield II with Ballistic Plex  EmptySeptember 6th 2011, 2:06 pm

Same scope I use, I love it.... I had a nikon omega and didn't like it.... a buddy has the Leupold ultimateslam and he is always trying to get me to trade.....

Burris Fullfield II with Ballistic Plex  Knight11
Back to top Go down
hawgslayer

hawgslayer

Number of posts : 3690
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Burris Fullfield II with Ballistic Plex    Burris Fullfield II with Ballistic Plex  EmptySeptember 6th 2011, 3:57 pm

Smile

Nice looking set up you have there Exclamation Good luck with it this season......

Ray........ cheers

KEEPEM IN THE " 10 " RING   

Semper Fi...... '66-'69
Back to top Go down
Marty
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Marty

Male Number of posts : 3776
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Burris Fullfield II with Ballistic Plex    Burris Fullfield II with Ballistic Plex  EmptySeptember 6th 2011, 5:56 pm

@EndeavorShooter wrote:
Same scope I use, I love it.... I had a nikon omega and didn't like it.... a buddy has the Leupold ultimateslam and he is always trying to get me to trade.....

What didn't you like about the Nikon Omega Question
Back to top Go down
cvilorio

Number of posts : 1571
Registration date : 2010-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Burris Fullfield II with Ballistic Plex    Burris Fullfield II with Ballistic Plex  EmptySeptember 6th 2011, 6:04 pm

Chaded that is a nice set up. Now you to get to the range with it and get her ready for deer season. I'm glad you like the scope.
Carlos
Back to top Go down
chaded

PostSubject: Re: Burris Fullfield II with Ballistic Plex    Burris Fullfield II with Ballistic Plex  EmptySeptember 6th 2011, 7:04 pm

Thanks guys, I plan on getting it sighted in and ready to go this week and then Im going to go out to the farm I have a damage permit for and see if I can put a deer down early with it.
Back to top Go down
EndeavorShooter

EndeavorShooter

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2011-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Burris Fullfield II with Ballistic Plex    Burris Fullfield II with Ballistic Plex  EmptySeptember 6th 2011, 7:34 pm

@Marty wrote:
@EndeavorShooter wrote:

What didn't you like about the Nikon Omega Question

the extended eye relief for the Omega scope is about 5" vice the normal 3" of a normal scope. It's supposed to protect you against magnum load kick of the rifle and protect your forehead, but I find that I have to move my cheek back to the rear of the comb to a point that it is most uncomfortable to shoot, especially offhand.

Burris Fullfield II with Ballistic Plex  Knight11
Back to top Go down
chaded

PostSubject: Re: Burris Fullfield II with Ballistic Plex    Burris Fullfield II with Ballistic Plex  EmptySeptember 6th 2011, 7:38 pm

I agree Endeavor, Ive never owned the Nikon Omega but have looked threw one a few times and it would certainly take some getting used to for me. The Burris has a perfect eye relief for me and I really don't see much of a distance change from 3 power to 9.
Back to top Go down
Omega45

Omega45

Male Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2010-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Burris Fullfield II with Ballistic Plex    Burris Fullfield II with Ballistic Plex  EmptySeptember 6th 2011, 8:33 pm

Nice set up!

I have an Omega BDC on one of my Pro Hunters and it does take some getting use to the extra eye relief which is around 4" for me. I prefer the ballistic lines over the ballistic circles also.

Go shoot some groups! Laughing

PostSubject: Re: Burris Fullfield II with Ballistic Plex    Burris Fullfield II with Ballistic Plex  EmptySeptember 6th 2011, 8:36 pm

Ignition begins on Thursday if it doesn't rain. Im tired of fantasizing about shooting this gun! Mad
Back to top Go down
mrmojorisan

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2011-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Burris Fullfield II with Ballistic Plex    Burris Fullfield II with Ballistic Plex  EmptySeptember 7th 2011, 6:59 am

I hear ya... I'm waiting on pins and needles to see mine. Carlos sent me tracking numbers for my stuff... funny how 30 minutes ago it just left Raleigh... and still no more updates... they should let you know what mile marker on what interstate they are at so you can be truly kept up to date...hahaha
Since he has mine already to go, I plan on taking it out for the last weekend of ML season here on Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Tony

Tony

Male Number of posts : 581
Registration date : 2011-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Burris Fullfield II with Ballistic Plex    Burris Fullfield II with Ballistic Plex  EmptySeptember 7th 2011, 9:50 am

Great looking scope, Chad! I love my Burris. I have the 4.5-14 on my 7 Rem Mag. Holds up like a champ and I've shot some rockin loads out of it. One word of caution and I'm sure you already know....the ballistic plex only works at max power. It cost me a coyote last year..gggrrrrr! Great set-up you have. If it shoots as good as it looks, there are gonna be deer leaking everywhere this year.

Harvester Smooth Sabot
100 gr. BH209-Win 209 Primer

Leupold VX-3 3.5-10x40 CDS
Back to top Go down
chaded

PostSubject: Re: Burris Fullfield II with Ballistic Plex    Burris Fullfield II with Ballistic Plex  EmptySeptember 7th 2011, 10:04 am

Thanks Tony! And thanks for the advice. If I take a shot over 100 yards I will have the scope maxed out. I usually hunt in some rather thick woods were It'll be on 3x and won't need anything more but do have a couple spots this year where I will be looking out on some open country hoping to get a long range poke at one.
Back to top Go down
Omega45

Omega45

Male Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2010-04-15

PostSubject: Re: Burris Fullfield II with Ballistic Plex    Burris Fullfield II with Ballistic Plex  EmptySeptember 7th 2011, 10:31 am

You should practice shooting........Nevermind! Shocked

PostSubject: Re: Burris Fullfield II with Ballistic Plex    Burris Fullfield II with Ballistic Plex  EmptySeptember 7th 2011, 10:37 am

It's supposed to rain clear threw sunday here and be ok on Monday. As of right now there calling for pm showers only on Thursday so hopefully I can get out before then unless it starts raining at 12:00 pm. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
mrmojorisan

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2011-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Burris Fullfield II with Ballistic Plex    Burris Fullfield II with Ballistic Plex  EmptySeptember 8th 2011, 12:34 pm

I just looked down my Omega scope as it just got here on my gun and don't have to hold my head back at all. In fact when I first picked it up, I felt like I had to move my head forward a bit. I raised and lowered it a few times to a comfortable shooting position and don't have any problems with the eye relief. Just goes to show ya everyone may be a little different. Not trying to hijack your burris thread, just thought I would throw in my .02 since the Omega was brought up.
Back to top Go down

Burris Fullfield II with Ballistic Plex
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Optics-
Jump to: