Share | 

set triggers ON A HAWKINS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MUZZLESMOKE

Male Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: set triggers ON A HAWKINS   March 13th 2009, 1:43 pm

HI EVERYBODY I'M NEW SO FORGIVE ME OF ANY MISTAKES.

HAVING A PROBLEM WITH THE TRIGGER ON A 54 CAL TRADITION HAWKINS. I CAN'T GRT THEM TO ADJUST.
I GET THEM TO WHERE THE SET TRIGGER WILL WORK. AND ALSO THE FRONT TRIGGER WILL WORK. ONLY 2 OR 3
TIMES. THEN I TRY TO RESET THEM AND THEY DO THE SAME THING, AND THE HAMMER, WHEN TH TRIGGER IS
PULLED, WILL GO TO HALF COCK. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT, GOING SHOOTING THIS WEEKEND. I GOT A FEW OTHER BP TO USE. THIS WAS MY BEST SHOOTER. DOING TO WORK ON IT AGAIN.
MUZZLEMAN
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14469
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: set triggers ON A HAWKINS   March 13th 2009, 1:48 pm

Welcome to the forum!

First off, Make sure the lockplate screws are only snug, Over tightening them can cause the lock to bind up.

Second, Turn both "if theres 2" trigger screws IN all of the way and slowly back both of them out evenly.

The front screw, if screwed in to much will not allow the sear to engage the halfcock/full cock position. You have to slowly adjust this.

The rear screw, if its screwed out to much will cause the sear to never engage anything.

Double triggers can be a huge pain in the ass. On my current rifle i said to hell with it and just adjusted it to where i just had to use the main trigger and go shooting.

You'll hit the sweet spot sooner or later. If it comes to this you can send me the stock/stock assembly and i'll do the adjusting for you and even polish the lock free of charge and get it working. Im about 2 - 2 1/2 hours south of you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com Online
VAKnight

Male Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2008-10-28

PostSubject: Re: set triggers ON A HAWKINS   March 17th 2009, 7:04 pm

Well said gander!

Traditions 32 Caliber Crockett Squirrel Rifle - 70 gr Buffalo Ballette, 40 gr FFFG 777
CVA Stag Horn 45 Caliber - Bushnell 1.75x - 4.5x Scope, 225 gr Powerbelt, 2 - 50 gr 777
CVA Optima 45 Caliber - Bushnell 1.75x - 4.5x Scope, 275 gr Powerbelt, 3 - 50 gr 777
CVA Accura 45 Caliber - Bushnell 1.75x - 4.5x Scope, 275 gr Powerbelt, 3 - 50 gr 777
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: set triggers ON A HAWKINS   

Back to top Go down

set triggers ON A HAWKINS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Traditional Muzzleloading-
Jump to: