Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

**Looking for a Flintlock, Please Help**

Go down 
AuthorMessage
drgnarr

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-03-24

**Looking for a Flintlock, Please Help** Empty
PostSubject: **Looking for a Flintlock, Please Help**   **Looking for a Flintlock, Please Help** Empty2009-03-24, 18:43

I am in the market for a flintlock to hunt whitetail with in western PA.
I have been hunting all my life with rifles, shotguns, and bows, but I know nothing about flintlock rifles.
From looking around I seem to like the smaller rifles like the Lyman Deerstalker, TC Fire Storm, and a couple other Traditions & Cabelas smaller carbine type models. The smaller rifles are what I am interested in.
There are huge price differences between some Traditions models and others, why? Are traditions decent models?
I'm not going to be shooting daily, weekly, or even monthly. I will do load development, sight it, and probably shoot it a few times before each season.
I do not want a pellet gun.

I'm not trying to break the bank, but also do not want to buy a POS!

Any help would be appreciated -Thank You
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16345
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: **Looking for a Flintlock, Please Help**   **Looking for a Flintlock, Please Help** Empty2009-03-24, 19:14

lyman and cableas are both great rifles. Traditions makes a darn good flinter thats accurate and reliable. Lyman/cabelas have walnut stocks while traditions uses a lower cost Beech wood stock.

The traditions woodsman or hawken will be good. I shoot the Kentucky and love it.

But you cant go wrong with lyman/cabelas hawken. Deerstalker sounds pretty good to me.
Back to top Go down
flint head

flint head

Male Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-06-04

PostSubject: Re: **Looking for a Flintlock, Please Help**   **Looking for a Flintlock, Please Help** Empty2009-03-25, 15:40

Go to gunbroker.com and type in CVA... there is a guy that has a beautiful CVA Hawken flinter in .54.
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16345
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: **Looking for a Flintlock, Please Help**   **Looking for a Flintlock, Please Help** Empty2009-03-25, 16:41

i know that guy too, hes an excellent seller. let me get you his email address.
Back to top Go down

**Looking for a Flintlock, Please Help**
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Traditional Muzzleloading-
Jump to: