Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Bought some new reels

Go down 
AuthorMessage
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16345
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Bought some new reels Empty
PostSubject: Bought some new reels   Bought some new reels Empty2013-04-11, 23:24

Tired of the plastic junk we got and so i bought my nephew and i some new reels. My first abu garcia was the 275u and i loved that thing until i lost a washer in it. Still have it so im going to look into getting it repaired.

Bought the 276i for my nephew.
Bought some new reels $(KGrHqF,!pUFD2b164JZBRFB0g(OLw~~60_57

And for myself the 276ui. The actions i guess you call them are just so smooth on these reels and let you feel the smallest nibble on the lure. Well affordable to. I just hope these 2 are like my first one.
Bought some new reels $(KGrHqQOKioE5ejj7CNIBOifINJw6!~~_12

The bad news, I have to change the handle over to the correct side and thats EXACTLY how i messed up my first abu reel Laughing
Back to top Go down
patocazador

patocazador

Number of posts : 5852
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Bought some new reels   Bought some new reels Empty2013-04-12, 08:38

The pictured ones' handles are already on the correct side for a right-handed person. Cast with the right, reel with the left = no lost time switching hands to reel.

Lose a few big ones by fumbling around switching hands and you'll learn to reel with the left hand. I did.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

Male Number of posts : 10418
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Bought some new reels   Bought some new reels Empty2013-04-12, 09:01

I stay traditional, and use RH wind reels on my bamboo fly rods.

What else would someone who loves sidelocks do?

I'm addicted to black powder.
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

PostSubject: Re: Bought some new reels   Bought some new reels Empty2013-04-17, 21:50

Picked up this cool pole today! I put my nephews new reel on it and will buy myself one next time i am back at that store. Great deal! No more tangled line or hooks falling off and making a mess in my other fishing rod lines. only $12 to!
Bought some new reels 563653_10151429565192875_83105666_n
Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

Male Number of posts : 10418
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Bought some new reels   Bought some new reels Empty2013-04-17, 22:10

Kind of short. clown

I'm addicted to black powder.
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

PostSubject: Re: Bought some new reels   Bought some new reels Empty2013-04-17, 22:34

thats what she said
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

PostSubject: Re: Bought some new reels   Bought some new reels Empty2013-04-29, 15:18

Got the handle changed over today! I used a pair of pliers and pulled extremely hard and the little piece that has to be switched over to the other side, pulled out finally and i was able to make the change over. Huge relief! I cant get used to that left hand reeling stuff!
Back to top Go down
Full Auto AK

Male Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2011-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Bought some new reels   Bought some new reels Empty2013-05-24, 20:54

Can ya feel anything nibbling on that tip? What store did ya get them in? Nice reels and rod. Good luck. Give us a sitrep!
Back to top Go down
backwoodsman

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2015-04-01

PostSubject: Re: Bought some new reels   Bought some new reels Empty2015-10-12, 16:25

I found a preacher selling old reels at his yard sale, $3.00 each, they were good quality reels someone gave him to sell. These were older reels, of different kinds. I bought one, went home and cleaned it up and lubed it, WOW, worked great, so went back and bought all his spinning reels and a couple of bait casting reels. Every one of them work great, just needed a little TLC. A few cost $200 each new. Anyway, I did very well, and will never have to buy another reel.
Back to top Go down

Bought some new reels
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Fishing Forum :: Fishing-
Jump to: