Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

... Saturday is for fishing with the .................

Go down 
AuthorMessage
hawgslayer

hawgslayer

Number of posts : 3690
Registration date : 2009-10-01

... Saturday is for fishing with the ................. Empty
PostSubject: ... Saturday is for fishing with the .................   ... Saturday is for fishing with the ................. Empty2013-05-06, 15:12

sunny

Saturday is fishing with the granddaughters ages 8 an 7. We are going to a trout pond and the smaller pond is loaded with trout so I know we'll bring some home. There's also a larger lake that's full of bass, trout, blue gills, cats and walleye. I wouldn't mind bringing home a few walleye on ice.
Because the girls are really close in age I had to buy 2 of everything. The exact 2 of everything. We'll see who the real fisher girl is when it's time to put the worm on the hook.
I know it will be a fun day with the kids. I'll let you fisherman know how this adventure turns out over the weekend. So far I have invested about 150.00 in gear for them but I think the worst is yet to come in the form of fish.......$6.00 @ pound and .70 to clean each one. affraid
Who cares Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation It's only money and if they are happy and their mom is happy and gradma is happy, then I'm happy too cheers cheers cheers

Ray..............( I think )

KEEPEM IN THE " 10 " RING   

Semper Fi...... '66-'69
Back to top Go down
hawgslayer

hawgslayer

PostSubject: Re: ... Saturday is for fishing with the .................   ... Saturday is for fishing with the ................. Empty2013-05-06, 19:05

Very Happy

If you don't want to clean them yourself when you get home, you have them clean them and pack them in ice so when you get home you only have to rinse them and the freeze them. I'm not going to get any help from my daughter or Tony or my wife so I'll have them cleaned there.
I'm hoping the girls catch their limit of 22 fish each. Another reason to have them cleaned there. Cool

Ray.......... Wink

Semper Fi...... '66-'69
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16345
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: ... Saturday is for fishing with the .................   ... Saturday is for fishing with the ................. Empty2013-05-06, 19:27

On my last trip i threw a 5 gallon bucket in the back of the truck and when i caught fish, filled up the bucket half way and threw the fish in. It worked great at keeping them fresh and not hard when you got home lol.
Back to top Go down
hawgslayer

hawgslayer

PostSubject: Re: ... Saturday is for fishing with the .................   ... Saturday is for fishing with the ................. Empty2013-05-06, 19:49

Very Happy

Thanks Jon.
I think those kids that work there need a few bucks spending money this weekend and I think my granddaughters are going to help them out with some work.

Ray........

Semper Fi...... '66-'69
Back to top Go down
Spitfire

Number of posts : 5314
Registration date : 2011-11-20

PostSubject: Re: ... Saturday is for fishing with the .................   ... Saturday is for fishing with the ................. Empty2013-05-07, 00:57

I think what the guys are saying is that they need to learn to do it themselfs. Should the need arise then they'll know how...
Back to top Go down
inline50

inline50

Number of posts : 538
Registration date : 2012-02-07

PostSubject: Re: ... Saturday is for fishing with the .................   ... Saturday is for fishing with the ................. Empty2013-05-07, 06:01

@hawgslayer wrote:
sunny

.....Who cares Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation It's only money.... cheers cheers cheers

Ray..............( I think )

Since you can't take it with you, you might as well enjoy spending it on great memories.

... Saturday is for fishing with the .................
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Fishing Forum :: Fishing-
Jump to: