Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Fixed up the Kentucky

Go down 
AuthorMessage
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16345
Registration date : 2008-05-19

Fixed up the Kentucky Empty
PostSubject: Fixed up the Kentucky   Fixed up the Kentucky Empty2009-06-08, 21:51

Finally got my wood ramrod in today. A couple days ago i also got some Pierce flints. These are made by Rich Pierce and all hand made by him. These are throwing excellent sparks! I got 13 of them ( he throws in some extra) for $11.50 shipped.

Fixed up the Kentucky KentuckyRR
Fixed up the Kentucky KentuckyRR001
Fixed up the Kentucky KentuckyRR004
Back to top Go down
Marty
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Marty

Male Number of posts : 3801
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Fixed up the Kentucky   Fixed up the Kentucky Empty2009-06-09, 05:25

You're killin' me FG...would I ever love to have that smokegun in a LEFTY ! Tote'n that around hunting would be a taste of a blast from the past. The brown'd barrel and the wood ramrod really gives it a nice touch.

I don't know about you, but it drives me nuts when I have a rifle in my guncase without a meal to its name(like my Kodiak). Refresh my memory on this beauty of yours cause I'm losing track of your collection. Am I correct in assuming you need to "break it in" on game now, or was this particular smokegun one of your old-new overhauls you do so masterfully?
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16345
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Fixed up the Kentucky   Fixed up the Kentucky Empty2009-06-09, 11:53

ive only taken one animal and that was in 2006. I used 110gr 3f goex with a .015 patch and .490 round ball. 40 yard shot to the head rolled him right onto his back.
Fixed up the Kentucky 100_2232

I think that buck earned this rifle a long stay on my wall lol!
Back to top Go down
Marty
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Marty

Male Number of posts : 3801
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Fixed up the Kentucky   Fixed up the Kentucky Empty2009-06-09, 12:52

Well done FG. It only takes one animal to "break-it-in"...

If I had that harvest using that smoke gun & iron sights...I'd be grin'n cheek to cheek. Congrats!

p.s. I never shot a big game animal with iron sights. Maybe some day
Back to top Go down

Fixed up the Kentucky
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Traditional Muzzleloading-
Jump to: