Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

1X scope for CVA Accura

Go down 
AuthorMessage
tshuntin

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-09-08

1X scope for CVA Accura Empty
PostSubject: 1X scope for CVA Accura   1X scope for CVA Accura EmptyMay 22nd 2013, 11:42 am

ANy guidance for a 1X scope for a CVA Accura. I bought this gun a few years ago and used it one season with the factory open sites. Thinking of adding a scope to it, but in Utah we are still currently limited to one power (1X) only. I have heard rumblings of allowing up to a 4X, but haven't seen anything that confirmed that. Any guidance you can give on scope and rings/base woul dbe greatly appreciated. Thanks, TS

PS. Hunting big bulls in Utah this fall!
Back to top Go down
tshuntin

Registration date : 2012-09-08

PostSubject: Re: 1X scope for CVA Accura   1X scope for CVA Accura EmptyJuly 21st 2013, 9:12 am

Bump...anyone have any experience in this?
Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

Male Number of posts : 10394
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: 1X scope for CVA Accura   1X scope for CVA Accura EmptyJuly 21st 2013, 9:33 am

I did try one once. The problem I had was it looks like you're looking through a tunnel, or the wrong end of binos. You can also see your front sight. So, everything looks a little farther away than what you see with your eyes. Some scopes are worse than others in this regard. Open sights worked just as good for me. Actually, better, because it was easier to handle the gun, and get on the target.

I would look through one before buying it.

Just my .02.

I'm addicted to black powder.
Back to top Go down
patocazador

patocazador

Number of posts : 5852
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: 1X scope for CVA Accura   1X scope for CVA Accura EmptyJuly 21st 2013, 11:57 am

I have a 1 3/4x scope that's on a .375 H&H magnum. The objective is quite small and a little hard to get used to but it works fine.
If you wear glasses or use shooting glasses, there's a device that is an adjustable "hole" like the aperture on an old 35mm camera. It attaches to the lens of your glasses with a small suction cup over your shooting eye and collimates the light reaching your shooting eye so the front sight and the animal are in focus. With it, your sight using open sights is as it was when you were a teenager. You can find it at: http://www.meritcorporation.com/products.html

I have one and it works well with using open sights for people with presbyopia.

Last edited by patocazador on July 21st 2013, 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sourdough44

Registration date : 2013-07-17

PostSubject: Re: 1X scope for CVA Accura   1X scope for CVA Accura EmptyJuly 21st 2013, 2:08 pm

Back a few years we had the 1x restriction on scopes during the M-L season in WI. I chose to use iron sites, worked fine. That restrictions was removed a few years ago. I don't see a strong reason to go with a 1x over iron sights. JMHO of course.
Back to top Go down

1X scope for CVA Accura
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Optics-
Jump to: