Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

MUZZLELOADING FORUM

HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Ads

Share | 

Traditions Strikerfire REVIEW

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
idahoan

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2014-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Traditions Strikerfire REVIEW   May 16th 2014, 6:56 pm

Guy at a small muzzleloading only store said he thought it was a weak spring. Been waiting for the new one to arrive from Traditions that they said they were gonna send. Irritating that a brand new rifle is so dysfunctional
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 15630
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Traditions Strikerfire REVIEW   May 16th 2014, 7:20 pm

have you took the rifle apart to clean the striker assembly? Mine had thick oils inside the body housing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
idahoan

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2014-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Traditions Strikerfire REVIEW   May 16th 2014, 10:18 pm

Haven't yet, was waiting for the spring to get here before I took it apart. Might just take it apart and have a look the next day I have off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
muzzle-loader

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2014-05-01

PostSubject: Re: Traditions Strikerfire REVIEW   May 29th 2014, 12:39 pm

Surprisingly, this rifle has a really great trigger pull, I do not like the plastic rear slider though, I wish they would have went with metal like the LHR. All in all, the look, feel and performance of this rifle is pretty awesome.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.muzzle-loaders.com
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

PostSubject: Re: Traditions Strikerfire REVIEW   August 5th 2014, 10:23 pm

My brother in law picked up the European mount today of this buck!

Back to top Go down
patocazador

Number of posts : 5862
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Traditions Strikerfire REVIEW   August 6th 2014, 8:14 am

Did they inject the velvet with a preservative?

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

PostSubject: Re: Traditions Strikerfire REVIEW   August 6th 2014, 10:04 am

im not sure, but i know they had it in a freezer for 9 months.
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

PostSubject: Re: Traditions Strikerfire REVIEW   August 9th 2014, 8:27 pm

@patocazador wrote:
Did they inject the velvet with a preservative?

Just looked at it today, looks awesome!! They did in fact inject it through the period with something to preserve it. Looks the same color as the day we drug it back to the truck. My hips hurt thinking about that day.
Back to top Go down
Fishingkid

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2014-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Traditions Strikerfire REVIEW   September 18th 2014, 12:07 pm

I purchased the black and grey traditions striker fire .50 cal from bass pro shops few months ago. When I recieved it in the mail. I emailed traditions asked what the best open sites for this gun were they had. They told me the Williams fiber optic iron sites.i ordered them up and took the gun out shooting. I'm having the hardest time siting this gun in. Super inconsistent I began shooting 250 grain sst hornady with 159 grains of 777 pellets I then switched to the 250 grain sst hornady with 100 grains of 777 powder then I switched to a barns tmz 250 grain with 100 grains of 777 powder I just recieved another box of tmz and a new box of tez barns both 250 grain going to try these today. I've been shooting from a table with a lead sled last time out I cleaned the gun after every shot I let the barrel cool down.im stumped I tryed emailing traditions got a response the first email months ago and nothing since.gone feels great shoots nice just inaccurate I'm new to this muzzleloader scene I don't shot a lot of iron sites so some of it could be me but I have no clue why I can't group anything consistent. Would anyone recommend the power belt bullets with no saboths? How about does anyone know of a peep site setup for this gun? Probably to late but I'm leaving out of state on Tuesday. Iron sites only
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spitfire

Number of posts : 5314
Registration date : 2011-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Traditions Strikerfire REVIEW   September 18th 2014, 2:15 pm

Muzzleloader accuracy depends a lot on how consistently you load from shot to shot...Start with at a lower load(say 65 - 75gr) and work up in 5gr increments till she starts grouping. Pay attention to how much pressure you apply to the ramrod when seating the bullets. You might also want to try different sabots and see which work best.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fishingkid

PostSubject: Re: Traditions Strikerfire REVIEW   September 18th 2014, 2:48 pm

When you say watch how I'm seating the ram rod are you saying make sure to give a lot of force when loading? Or just barely enough to get the bullet down there? What loose powder do you recommend me trying? With the stock strikerfire can I use loose powder with that breach plug? I see a lot of people talking about BH209 I'm assuming its a powder in loose firm there using what does this look like? So I can find it online or a store near me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spitfire

Number of posts : 5314
Registration date : 2011-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Traditions Strikerfire REVIEW   September 19th 2014, 5:28 am

The type of loose powder you use is up to you as most will give good results but from what I've seen written here you'll be best served by BH209 as it burns very clean and as a result you don't have to clean between shots.
You'll have to experiment to see whether your rifle likes the load lightly or heavily compressed , for long range shooting we only seat the bullet till it touches the powder. The over powder wad will have been pushed down on the powder by about 2 - 3 lbs. of force.

As for the BH209 contact Carlos at ED's store here on the forum and see if he'll ship to you or point you to a store near you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

PostSubject: Re: Traditions Strikerfire REVIEW   September 19th 2014, 8:12 am

@Fishingkid wrote:
I purchased the black and grey traditions striker fire .50 cal from bass pro shops few months ago. When I recieved it in the mail. I emailed traditions asked what the best open sites for this gun were they had. They told me the Williams fiber optic iron sites.i ordered them up and took the gun out shooting. I'm having the hardest time siting this gun in. Super inconsistent I began shooting 250 grain sst hornady with 159 grains of 777 pellets I then switched to the 250 grain sst hornady with 100 grains of 777 powder then I switched to a barns tmz 250 grain with 100 grains of 777 powder I just recieved another box of tmz and a new box of tez barns both 250 grain going to try these today. I've been shooting from a table with a lead sled last time out I cleaned the gun after every shot I let the barrel cool down.im stumped I tryed emailing traditions got a response the first email months ago and nothing since.gone feels great shoots nice just inaccurate I'm new to this muzzleloader scene I don't shot a lot of iron sites so some of it could be me but I have no clue why I can't group anything consistent. Would anyone recommend the power belt bullets with no saboths? How about does anyone know of a peep site setup for this gun? Probably to late but I'm leaving out of state on Tuesday. Iron sites only

As with any rifle, load development its super important.

I'd lower the charge to 100gr T7 pellets " If they are a year or 2 old, throw them out and get a new package" Try that and see how it does. If that still doesn't work, call Harvester or MMP sabots and see if they have a sample that will allow you to swap out sabots with your current SST bullets. The sabot is the gas ring and what puts the spin to the bullet that generates accuracy. If these are to loose or even to tight to the point they hurt to load, its going to affect accuracy.

Cleaning the bore between shots is a great thing to do, keep doing it with t7!

I know my Strikerfire enjoyed the 250gr Powerbelt Aerolites and 100 grains Blackhorn209.

The 260gr Harvester Scorpion PT Gold in yellow ez load sabot and 100-110gr BH209 also was amazing.
Back to top Go down
patocazador

Number of posts : 5862
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Traditions Strikerfire REVIEW   September 19th 2014, 8:24 am

Harvester will send you some samples but save your stamp with MMP.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Fishingkid

PostSubject: Re: Traditions Strikerfire REVIEW   September 19th 2014, 10:58 am

I was always having a hard time loading any and all bullets I mean some times even in need of a extra hand from my brother to help push the bullet and saboth down. So I know for sure I always was pushing real hard against the powder to make sure it was all the way down. Yesterday I began shooting the barns 250 grain TEZ it loaded much much better and grouped a hell of a lot better. I finally got it on paper out to hundred yards.only problem in having now is the rear iron site is so far off set to the right it makes me wonder what's wrong with the gun? It's almost hanging over the edge on the right side but its accurate and consistent.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

PostSubject: Re: Traditions Strikerfire REVIEW   September 19th 2014, 11:02 am

I've had the same thing with fiber optic sights. Even with my blade sights I normally have to adjust the FRONT sight just so the rear doesnt hang over so much LOL.

As long as its accurate and consistent, I would leave it until the end of the season as it is!

Good deal on the Barnes, they make a hell of a bullet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Traditions Strikerfire REVIEW   

Back to top Go down

Traditions Strikerfire REVIEW
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Frontier's Review Room-
Jump to: