Share | 

Best Smokeless muzzleloader out there!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
muznut

Number of posts : 704
Registration date : 2012-01-24

PostSubject: Best Smokeless muzzleloader out there!   December 28th 2013, 11:25 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgFz3cqSpUg   Notice how easy his gun is to load and how accurate it is. He has the best breech plug and primmer system going a 100% seal without having to deprime with the ramrod like the Bad'Bull ML.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ericcosh

Male Number of posts : 427
Registration date : 2013-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Best Smokeless muzzleloader out there!   December 28th 2013, 11:46 am

"best smokeless muzzeloader out there" is quite a bold claim.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
a1smokepole

Male Number of posts : 237
Registration date : 2011-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Best Smokeless muzzleloader out there!   December 28th 2013, 2:43 pm

Yes that is very bold claim. do you have one to show what your shooting with it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bear Claw
Site
Site

Male Number of posts : 9489
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Best Smokeless muzzleloader out there!   December 28th 2013, 3:13 pm

Goofy.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spitfire

Number of posts : 5320
Registration date : 2011-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Best Smokeless muzzleloader out there!   December 28th 2013, 10:35 pm

What seems best to one guy might not seem best to the rest...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
muznut

PostSubject: Re: Best Smokeless muzzleloader out there!   December 29th 2013, 9:03 am

ericcosh wrote:
It is a bold statement but it comes from experience. I owed two Savage 10ml2's and been shooting smokeless for well over ten years and know the week links in all of them. Badbull solved the problem but I dont like the funking decapping pin you have to use on the ramrod plus removing the bolt to de'prime the rifle after firing. I saw pics of Jeff Hankins patented breach plug and carriers and understand how they work plus I have Emailed owners of that rifle and they confirmed my thoughts. Do I own one, no but a krieger barrel and a fine bedded stock and decent trigger I know it will be a talk driver and will own one soon. They shoot a 275gr parker at 3000fps with 78gr of IMR 4198.  Now if you don't like a bolt action muzzleloader then its no the best for you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bear Claw
Site
Site

PostSubject: Re: Best Smokeless muzzleloader out there!   December 29th 2013, 9:19 am

Why is he talking about having to measure black powder when he's shooting smokeless that should be weighed?

He talks about 3000fp, and makes a video to show it, but the chrono isn't working. Well, get the damn thing working, and then make a video. I believe him, but it would be nice to see it.

When you talk to him. Explain to him what a powder horn is do he won't come off as a noob.

He talks about how fast he can load, but anybody using BH can load faster.

I have no doubt the gun is a good shooter, but the video was goofy. I could only get half way through it.

How much are they?

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spitfire

PostSubject: Re: Best Smokeless muzzleloader out there!   December 29th 2013, 9:26 am

Why go through all the trouble of getting a muzzleloader to perform like a CF if you can just buy a CF to begin with ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bear Claw
Site
Site

PostSubject: Re: Best Smokeless muzzleloader out there!   December 29th 2013, 9:29 am

For ML seasons. It's illegal here, but it's legal in most states.

I've thought of getting one, but i'd only use it in rifle seasons. Even if it was legal in ML season.

I like the idea of less recoil.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spitfire

PostSubject: Re: Best Smokeless muzzleloader out there!   December 29th 2013, 9:35 am

A 275 gr bullet at 3000 fps propelled by 78 gr of powder is going to give you quite a whack on the shoulder !

We only have one hunting season no matter what you use to hunt with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bear Claw
Site
Site

PostSubject: Re: Best Smokeless muzzleloader out there!   December 29th 2013, 10:09 am

I don't need 3000fps for my hunting. A load of smokeless equal in fps to what I use with BH will have a lighter recoil.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spitfire

PostSubject: Re: Best Smokeless muzzleloader out there!   December 29th 2013, 10:24 am

Right I see the way you're thinking ....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
a1smokepole

PostSubject: Re: Best Smokeless muzzleloader out there!   December 29th 2013, 12:48 pm

I wonder what the psi 78gr imr4198 and 275 mh would be it would have to be over 45000 psi I think
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bear Claw
Site
Site

PostSubject: Re: Best Smokeless muzzleloader out there!   December 29th 2013, 2:03 pm

I was thinking the recoil would look like more than it did. Loose fitting bullet might have help that.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
a1smokepole

PostSubject: Re: Best Smokeless muzzleloader out there!   December 29th 2013, 4:05 pm

That gun may weigh 10+ pounds
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cvilorio
FML's
FML's

Number of posts : 1571
Registration date : 2010-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Best Smokeless muzzleloader out there!   December 29th 2013, 5:16 pm

Muley wrote:
I don't need 3000fps for my hunting. A load of smokeless equal in fps to what I use with BH will have a lighter recoil.
That is correct, you do not need 3000 fps to do what I can do with less powder, and less recoil. This is not even a bolt or custom made one,it is just a plain conversion and it shoots just as good and it loads just as easy, and I don't have to fumble with a primer insert, I just put the primer in and she is ready to go. I saw the video and to claim that is the best SML on the market is ridiculous. It took him longer to get the primer insert than it takes me to mine in my MCGOWEN'S and they also shoot as good, and load as easy, and they did not coast 4,000.00. Yes I can get mine going at 3000 fps, but why, I can do what I want with less powder and less recoil.

Took the TC conversion out today, after I put a CDS scope on it and also took my other conversion out today that I had shot the other day, which is also a break action. Sighted the TC in, and them I shot both at 200 yrds. The scope on both guns are CDS SYSTEM, but they do not have the dials yet, but since they do come with a dial which is number, and starts at zero, I figure out what o do and it work great. Any way here are the stats, and pics.
TC CONVERSION 45 CAL. SML
LEUPOLD VX-R 3X9X50, AND 4X12X40 FIREDOT CDS
DNZ MOUNTS
HORNADY FTX 225 GR. ON THE TC, AND FTX 250 GR. ON THE OTHER
45 CAL. LUBED WOOL WAD
10/50 GR. CHARGE, BY WEIGHT
WIN 209 PRIMER.
100 AND 200 YRDS.

First target was the other SML conversion, and the second was the TC SML conversion at 100 yrdss.

Enlarge this image Click to see fullsize

I then took both guns to 200yrds. I dial the turret up 12 clicks, and they were there. First target was the other SML conversion, the second was the TC conversion. Could not ask for anything better.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
a1smokepole

PostSubject: Re: Best Smokeless muzzleloader out there!   December 29th 2013, 7:59 pm

Looks good to me and like you said its not a 4000.00 gun and shoots as just good as one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ericcosh

Male Number of posts : 427
Registration date : 2013-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Best Smokeless muzzleloader out there!   December 29th 2013, 8:33 pm

muznut wrote:
ericcosh wrote:
It is a bold statement but it comes from experience. I owed two Savage 10ml2's and been shooting smokeless for well over ten years and know the week links in all of them. Badbull solved the problem but I dont like the funking decapping pin you have to use on the ramrod plus removing the bolt to de'prime the rifle after firing. I saw pics of Jeff Hankins patented breach plug and carriers and understand how they work plus I have Emailed owners of that rifle and they confirmed my thoughts. Do I own one, no but a krieger barrel and a fine bedded stock and decent trigger I know it will be a talk driver and will own one soon. They shoot a 275gr parker at 3000fps with 78gr of IMR 4198.  Now if you don't like a bolt action muzzleloader then its no the best for you.

Well sorry but until you have owned and shot a lot more then just a Savage muzzleloader you don't have the experience to make such a claim. There are several other smokeless guns out there other than a Savage and Badbull. You being on Dougs you should already know this. I would put some of the custom guns on there and some of the guns Carlos and another buddy has against that Hankins any day of the week. This guy isn't doing anything that already hasn't been done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spitfire

PostSubject: Re: Best Smokeless muzzleloader out there!   December 29th 2013, 11:19 pm

Good shooting there Carlos !

For $4k I can buy two custom build .451 long range sidelock muzzleloaders  Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
muznut

PostSubject: Re: Best Smokeless muzzleloader out there!   January 7th 2014, 5:34 pm

Ok boys and girls put your money where your mouth is.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6TJn-hEaRs
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bear Claw
Site
Site

PostSubject: Re: Best Smokeless muzzleloader out there!   January 7th 2014, 6:07 pm

Ridiculous. He wants everybody to spend money to come to his house, and shoot. It looks like there's entry money too. He says nothing about winning anything.

I'd put my money on Carlos.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
cvilorio
FML's
FML's

PostSubject: Re: Best Smokeless muzzleloader out there!   January 7th 2014, 6:28 pm

muznut wrote:
Ok boys and girls put your money where your mouth is.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6TJn-hEaRs
If I had the time which I don't, I would be more than glad to put my money where his mouth is, and since you  feel so strong about it, why don't you put your money where your mouth is, and also post some targets, because I have never seen any of your targets posted any where, either here or on Dough's.
Carlos
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14522
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Best Smokeless muzzleloader out there!   January 7th 2014, 6:30 pm

4k is a lot man. I'd have to spend it on a super fancy Hawken rifle personally.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
muznut

PostSubject: Re: Best Smokeless muzzleloader out there!   February 9th 2014, 2:15 pm

cvilorio wrote:
muznut wrote:
If I had the time which I don't, I would be more than glad to put my money where his mouth is, and since you  feel so strong about it, why don't you put your money where your mouth is, and also post some targets, because I have never seen any of your targets posted any where, either here or on Dough's.
Carlos
That's funny Carlos but I wouldn't waste my time taking pictures of holes in paper and posting them all over the net. Viewers wouldn't be able to tell how many bullets passed through the hole anyway. I admit though that I do admire them one last time before I burn them in my wood stove. What I was talking about with the Jeff Hankins muzzleloader was mostly about his ignition system not the groups.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cvilorio
FML's
FML's

PostSubject: Re: Best Smokeless muzzleloader out there!   February 9th 2014, 2:55 pm

muznut wrote:
cvilorio wrote:
muznut wrote:
Carlos
That's funny Carlos but I wouldn't waste my time taking pictures of holes in paper and posting them all over the net. Viewers wouldn't be able to tell how many bullets passed through the hole anyway. I admit though that I do admire them one last time before I burn them in my wood stove. What I was talking about with the Jeff Hankins muzzleloader was mostly about his ignition system not the groups.
I could reply to what you wrote, but I won't waste my time. I have better thing to do with it. End topic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Smokeless muzzleloader out there!   

Back to top Go down

Best Smokeless muzzleloader out there!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Modern Muzzleloading-
Jump to: