Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Vortex red dot w/ 3x magnifier

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shedfreak88

Male Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2013-03-31

Vortex red dot w/ 3x magnifier  Empty
PostSubject: Vortex red dot w/ 3x magnifier    Vortex red dot w/ 3x magnifier  EmptyJanuary 25th 2014, 12:06 pm

I'm thinking about trying this set up on my new muzzleloader when I get it. Does anyone run this set up or tried the Vortex red dot with a 2x doubler that screws in and the 3x magnifier that mounts behind?
Back to top Go down
sqezer

Male Number of posts : 1735
Registration date : 2009-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Vortex red dot w/ 3x magnifier    Vortex red dot w/ 3x magnifier  EmptyJanuary 25th 2014, 3:33 pm

we have used them on our .22 and ar-15 they work great, I do plan on giving them a try on the .45 but havn't had time. When I was at Vortex talking to them they said it would be a good choice for a ML.

biddler2

Male Number of posts : 608
Registration date : 2011-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Vortex red dot w/ 3x magnifier    Vortex red dot w/ 3x magnifier  EmptyJanuary 25th 2014, 8:12 pm

I have the vortex red dot and have used the doubler. For under 100 yards it is OK, the dot is too big for accurate shooting compared to a scope. I would use it before irons but I prefer a scope so my view is biased. The sight itself is good and I haven't had any issues with it. 
I had it on my AR15 and I just wasn't accurate enough with it. I do think it would be great on a slug gun.

Vortex red dot w/ 3x magnifier
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Optics-
Jump to: