Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

bargain on scope

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JTClark

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2013-12-23

bargain on scope  Empty
PostSubject: bargain on scope    bargain on scope  EmptyFebruary 1st 2014, 11:26 am

just finished order a scope from midwayUSA.com, i got bushnell trophy XLT blackpowder scope for best price and they are on sale plus add a 25 dollar off with code for order over 125 dollars !!
Back to top Go down
ericcosh

Male Number of posts : 427
Registration date : 2013-03-12

bargain on scope  Empty
PostSubject: Re: bargain on scope    bargain on scope  EmptyFebruary 1st 2014, 12:13 pm

You will like it.
Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

Male Number of posts : 10394
Registration date : 2010-09-23

bargain on scope  Empty
PostSubject: Re: bargain on scope    bargain on scope  EmptyFebruary 1st 2014, 12:25 pm

I'm buying one on Monday.

I'm addicted to black powder.
Back to top Go down
JTClark

bargain on scope  Empty
PostSubject: Re: bargain on scope    bargain on scope  EmptyFebruary 1st 2014, 5:01 pm

that scope i get to learn abt my gun and distance, and huntinghunting as i learn then i can upgrade scope and reduce yardage to standard duplex shhot 20 to 150 yds
Back to top Go down
Groove508

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2013-12-31

bargain on scope  Empty
PostSubject: Re: bargain on scope    bargain on scope  EmptyFebruary 5th 2014, 6:15 pm

Is the code still good? What is it?
Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

bargain on scope  Empty
PostSubject: Re: bargain on scope    bargain on scope  EmptyFebruary 5th 2014, 6:33 pm

I bought one, and got it today. I decided to use a different scope. I can send it back for a refund, but that's always a pain. If you want to buy it let me know.

Back to top Go down
ericcosh

bargain on scope  Empty
PostSubject: Re: bargain on scope    bargain on scope  EmptyFebruary 5th 2014, 9:16 pm

Going to go with a Konus?  Smile 
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16313
Registration date : 2008-05-19

bargain on scope  Empty
PostSubject: Re: bargain on scope    bargain on scope  EmptyFebruary 5th 2014, 9:23 pm

worse, a weaver  Doh 
Back to top Go down
ericcosh

bargain on scope  Empty
PostSubject: Re: bargain on scope    bargain on scope  EmptyFebruary 5th 2014, 10:09 pm

Haha.

bargain on scope  88176e4c-ae69-444b-b9c0-6bf98bfdbd4f_zps74db7bce
Back to top Go down
patocazador

patocazador

Number of posts : 5852
Registration date : 2012-08-22

bargain on scope  Empty
PostSubject: Re: bargain on scope    bargain on scope  EmptyFebruary 6th 2014, 8:04 am

Twisted Evil  lol!

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

bargain on scope  Empty
PostSubject: Re: bargain on scope    bargain on scope  EmptyFebruary 6th 2014, 8:11 am

Weaver K4. A classic scope. It now uses Japanese glass. The same as your overpriced Leupolds.

Back to top Go down
GregK

GregK

Male Number of posts : 3049
Registration date : 2012-01-22

bargain on scope  Empty
PostSubject: Re: bargain on scope    bargain on scope  EmptyFebruary 6th 2014, 11:08 am

I had a Weaver Classic 2X on my 44 mag with hot loaded 300 grain XTP's & it held up fine & it was quite clear & sharp.

bargain on scope  Apex-s10McRem 40cal SML

LEUPOLD 4-12X40 VX-R 30mm, CDS, FIRE DOT
CEB 40/240, 76gr IMR 4895
2600 ft/s

CVA APEX .358 SML & .45 ML
LUEPOLD 4-12X50 VX-R CDS, FIRE DOT, WIND PLEX

Knight Mountainer LTD
45cal / 1-20 twist
LEUPOLD 4-12X50 VX-R 30mm WIND PLEX CDS FIREDOT
Back to top Go down
patocazador

patocazador

bargain on scope  Empty
PostSubject: Re: bargain on scope    bargain on scope  EmptyFebruary 6th 2014, 11:32 am

I've had two of the old "K" series Weaver scopes, a 6x and an 8x. Both were sub-par. The 6x had a crosshair that had a wavy line with a break and the 8x's glass got semi-opaque internally (cloudy).
I won't buy another one.  Evil or Very Mad

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

bargain on scope  Empty
PostSubject: Re: bargain on scope    bargain on scope  EmptyFebruary 6th 2014, 11:36 am

That's the old scope. New ones have nothing in common with the old ones. No scopes were that great when the old ones were made.

It's a new company now.

Back to top Go down
ericcosh

bargain on scope  Empty
PostSubject: Re: bargain on scope    bargain on scope  EmptyFebruary 6th 2014, 11:42 am

I have a Nitrex TR1 (made by weaver) and it has the same glass as the Weaver Grand Slam. I would put it optically between a Leupold VX3 and Zeiss Conquest, being more towards the Zeiss. Best of all it was only just over 100 dollars. It made me look differently at Weaver and if I was going to drop a good amount of money on a scope I would seriously be taking a look at the Super Slam line of scopes.
Back to top Go down
JTClark

bargain on scope  Empty
PostSubject: Re: bargain on scope    bargain on scope  EmptyFebruary 6th 2014, 11:45 am

zeiss scope darn pricey
Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

bargain on scope  Empty
PostSubject: Re: bargain on scope    bargain on scope  EmptyFebruary 6th 2014, 11:56 am

What I like about the K4 is it's simplicity, and durability. I think they used a .375 mag for 10,000 shots to test it, and it held zero.

It's also light at 9.9oz. Compared to the 15 1/2 oz of the Bushnell I just sent back.

The 4x power is all I need for all my hunting anyway. Not sure why I bought the DOA Bushnell? I guess I was curious. I'm more of a fan of the simple duplex reticle.

Back to top Go down
patocazador

patocazador

bargain on scope  Empty
PostSubject: Re: bargain on scope    bargain on scope  EmptyFebruary 7th 2014, 7:26 am

Muley wrote:
The 4x power is all I need for all my hunting anyway. Not sure why I bought the DOA Bushnell? I guess I was curious. I'm more of a fan of the simple duplex reticle.

I'm a fan of fixed 4x or 6x scopes with the duplex reticle too. Very seldom have I had the time to fiddle with adjusting the power or figuring the yardage in my 45 years of hunting with a scope. On a variable, I just set the magnification at 5x and leave it.

Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

OldMtnMan

bargain on scope  Empty
PostSubject: Re: bargain on scope    bargain on scope  EmptyFebruary 7th 2014, 9:27 am

It doesn't make much sense to buy a light MR, and then use a scope that weighs almost a pound like the Bushnell.

I bought the DNZ mount which is aluminum, and I assume is lighter than the Durasight clunker that comes on the MR. Along with the light Weaver i'm hoping for a gun that weighs just a few ounces over 7lbs scoped.

I agree the DOA reticle was way too busy for me. I'm more into quick shots in the timber than taking my time fiddling with yardages, and reticles.

Back to top Go down
biddler2

Male Number of posts : 608
Registration date : 2011-11-14

bargain on scope  Empty
PostSubject: Re: bargain on scope    bargain on scope  EmptyFebruary 7th 2014, 7:39 pm

I have the DOA and in low light situations I cant see the little hash marks but I know the where to hold if needed with the main but also probably won't be needing 200 yard drop. 
I do like the heavier line on my cheap Cabelas pine ridge 2-7 better than the thin lined DOA. I also have a Nikon with the circles on my AR. I haven't used it enough to form an opinion.
Back to top Go down

bargain on scope
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Optics-
Jump to: