Share | 

Tradition Pursuit Ultralight Users

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ac10

Male Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2011-09-06

PostSubject: Tradition Pursuit Ultralight Users   February 2nd 2014, 2:02 pm

Hey guys. Does anyone on here own or have shot a Trad. Pursuit UL? If so how does it compare to other Muzzeloader's accuracy wise,etc. I was looking at one the other day that was on sale. It shouldered nice. I've read good reviews about the Trad. Vortek but havent heard much about the 2013 Pursuit UL. I called Trad. About their warranty. They said mechanically it has lifetime warranty. But they have no warranty on Barrel finish or stock,was a little surprised.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14521
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Tradition Pursuit Ultralight Users   February 2nd 2014, 2:09 pm

I am so sorry! I got so busy I had forgotten all about your PM.

I handled the Pursuit UL at basspro and liked it extremely well. Its only 5 1/2lbs so recoil could get a bit rough, but it does have a super nice squishy recoil pad to suck it up.

Trigger I was unable to feel, but Traditions has been doing really well on their triggers lately.

One thing I could not tell is if it had the same curved trigger like my LDR had. It was an odd feeling due to you having to pull downward on the trigger rather than straight back. They fixed this on the Strikerfire but the LDR had it and just felt odd.

Finish on stock and barrel is 1 year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
ac10

PostSubject: Re: Tradition Pursuit Ultralight Users   February 2nd 2014, 2:39 pm

No worries Jon! Thanks for the info. and picture. I'm planning to go up to Cabelas in a few days to take another look, I'll take a closer look at the curve of the trigger and need to see if I can get the feel of the trigger weight. When I called Traditions they said the trigger was around 4 pounds, I have read some say their tradition ML are lighter. I would love to have a trigger around 3 or under.
I have heard their BP works good with BH209. Does the firing pin and retainer require shimming or do the Tradition ML usually have less blowback issues? I was pretty surprised Traditions doesn't offer any warranty on stock and barrel finish but I guess that's the way it goes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14521
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Tradition Pursuit Ultralight Users   February 2nd 2014, 2:47 pm

Use the metric O ring in the primer pocket, they last forever in the traditions plug. Thats about the only mod I do to my Tradtions guns.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
ac10

PostSubject: Re: Tradition Pursuit Ultralight Users   February 2nd 2014, 3:04 pm

Okay. I'm going to go up and take a closer look at the gun in a few days, when the ice clears,lol. For the price at $199 they seem like a good deal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ram2

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2012-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Tradition Pursuit Ultralight Users   February 3rd 2014, 5:40 pm

FrontierGander wrote:

One thing I could not tell is if it had the same curved trigger like my LDR had. It was an odd feeling due to you having to pull downward on the trigger rather than straight back. They fixed this on the Strikerfire but the LDR had it and just felt odd.

Finish on stock and barrel is 1 year.

The Pursuit UL has a conventional trigger.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ac10

PostSubject: Re: Tradition Pursuit Ultralight Users   February 3rd 2014, 6:22 pm

So it doesn't have the curve?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ram2

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2012-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Tradition Pursuit Ultralight Users   February 3rd 2014, 7:21 pm

ac10 wrote:
So it doesn't have the curve?

Correct.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ac10

PostSubject: Re: Tradition Pursuit Ultralight Users   February 4th 2014, 12:31 am

Thanks for info ram2! I went to Cabelas to take another look at the Pursuit UL and get, they held one back for me cause they only had 1 left. I was disappointed to see the screw that holds the stock on is stripped(probably an easy fix) and the gun had a few scratches. The guy helping me told me I should see if I can get a nice discount but nobody was their that can oversee that. I'm not sure if I'll mess with it or not, lol, it's 50 mile drive one way. It's possible a customer previously bought it, took it home and brought it back or if it came from the factory that way, not sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike AR

Male Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Tradition Pursuit Ultralight Users   February 10th 2014, 3:19 pm

ac10

Thought I'd jump in on this thread even though it's a week or so old. I bought a Pursuit UL XLT (28" barrel) from Midway USA back in December. Had them on sale for $208 (black stock/forend, cerekote, fluted barrel). My gun has a conventional shaped trigger but is odd feeling like you need to pull down instead of back (same on my Vortek). I got used to it after a few shots. The trigger is really light and crisp. It's actually a smoother trigger than my Vortek and I've got no complaints with it. Using a Caldwell lead sled, the new Pursuit is shooting sub 1" groups at a 100 yards using 90 grains (vol) BH209; 250 gr Hornady SST low drag sabots & Win 209 shotshell primers. It shoots as well shot after shot as my Vortek and my sons TC prohunter. On a side note: I'm getting absolutely no blow by using standard Win shotgun primers AND without the o ring.  Other primers I've tried on my Traditions guns produce horrible blow by without an o ring installed in the BP pocket.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ac10

PostSubject: Re: Tradition Pursuit Ultralight Users   February 11th 2014, 10:27 pm

Hey Mike AR thanks for giving me some insight on the Traditions Pursuit UL XLT. It sounds like they are great shooters! I was wanting to get one at Cabelas with a gift card I had but it didn't work out. They were clearing out of the Pursuit UL and the only one they had left had some issues. On the one I looked at I did notice the trigger seemed to have a little slack, a different feel. I've still got my Accura and very happy with it for now, it does the job and is fun to shoot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tradition Pursuit Ultralight Users   

Back to top Go down

Tradition Pursuit Ultralight Users
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Modern Muzzleloading-
Jump to: