Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Patched Round Balls in My Shotguns

Go down 
AuthorMessage
patocazador

patocazador

Number of posts : 5852
Registration date : 2012-08-22

Patched Round Balls in My Shotguns Empty
PostSubject: Patched Round Balls in My Shotguns   Patched Round Balls in My Shotguns Empty2014-02-12, 20:11

I decided to compare the two percussion SxS shotguns I have to see which one shoots PRBs the best. All were shot standing offhand by pointing the bead at the target since there is no rear sight. I just raised the gun and fired as I do when wingshooting.

I put the target board at 50 yards and fired 3 .690 PRBs with .022 pillow ticking patches in the CVA first. I shot the right barrel first and the ball went 6" right at 2:00. The left barrel was shot twice as it it is open a little more (.729" compared to .726" in the right barrel). Both shots were close at 9:00 about 6-7" out.

Patched Round Balls in My Shotguns PRBinShotgunsWEB_zpsc1d9148a

The Pietta shot almost dead center with the right barrel and 4"+ low at 6:00 with a .715 ball and a .013 patch. That's going to be my close-range deer gun next Fall.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
Spitfire

Number of posts : 5314
Registration date : 2011-11-20

Patched Round Balls in My Shotguns Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patched Round Balls in My Shotguns   Patched Round Balls in My Shotguns Empty2014-02-13, 06:47

That .715 ball will most definitely put anything it hit down with authority !

I've got a .75 Tower Musket flint lock that I want to try with balls sometime ....imo it is also more of a shotgun than a rifle as the sights are very difficult to use.
Back to top Go down

Patched Round Balls in My Shotguns
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Traditional Muzzleloading-
Jump to: