View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14522
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: CVA Accura MR   February 26th 2014, 7:14 pm

The new Accura MR arrived today! I bought Pete's since he had it for a good price + some extras. Anyway, I did aprox 50 strokes with Remington 40x bore cleaner to remove factory greases/oils and to smooth out any unseen. After that, I degreased the bore extremely well and the breech plug threads, dried and then applied Dyna Tek Bore Coat for rust protection inside, where it matters most. I also did the cavity in the Western Powders Blackhorn209 breech plug, put it in the oven at 350* for 30 minutes and that looked perfect when I took it out.

Installed Durasight one piece rail and then dropped on the SeeAll open sight, adjusted it to where it felt right and tightened it down. Rifle looks real sharp now! Its a Colorado gun so that SeeAll was a must have for this rifle design due to the high cheek comb and the fact the barrel is not drilled/tapped for open sight screws.

Wiped the barrel down with the RIG Rag to help add some protection and prevent any scratches that may happen on the range or in the woods. It gave the barrel a better overall feeling rather than that dry feel, helps keep stains off too.

Tomorrow I'll set up the Bore Coat by rapidly " Or at least reload/shoot as fast as possible LOL" 100gr Blackhorn209 and the 300gr Powerbelt Aerolite. The hotter you fire it, the better it will be for the bore coat to set up and embed into the steel of the barrel.

One thing I will NOT use is that palm saver, it rubs up against the barrel finish and that just is not a good thing to have. It sticks out past the muzzle aprox 1/4" and after seeing a member on here with his split in half from the bullet hitting it, I won't be using it any time soon.

I'll get some good pictures of it tomorrow on the range.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
inline50

Number of posts : 538
Registration date : 2012-02-07

PostSubject: Re: CVA Accura MR   February 27th 2014, 6:04 am

I love the feel of my Apex stock.  Does the stock of the MR have a "hard" surface, or does it have the "soft" rubber texture like the CVA Apex  Question

FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

PostSubject: Re: CVA Accura MR   February 27th 2014, 6:25 am

soft rubber texture
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

PostSubject: Re: CVA Accura MR   February 27th 2014, 7:45 am

Back to top Go down
ac10

Male Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2011-09-06

PostSubject: Re: CVA Accura MR   February 27th 2014, 10:12 pm

Nice looking gun! Let us know how you like that See All sight, it looks like a good setup.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CVA Accura MR   

Back to top Go down

CVA Accura MR
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Modern Muzzleloading-
Jump to: