Share | 

how much need to clean and protect bore

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JTClark

Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2013-12-23

PostSubject: how much need to clean and protect bore   March 17th 2014, 2:09 pm

just wonder if barricade would protect inside of bore after cleaning out to aviod the rust and will still get any accurate when shooting again next time ? or should i get a paste and swabbing in ??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14521
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: how much need to clean and protect bore   March 17th 2014, 2:20 pm

that depends on each gun, I have one that barricade slightly affects the first shot by about 3/4" so its not a huge deal. After cleaning, follow up with barricade to protect from rust.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
JTClark

PostSubject: Re: how much need to clean and protect bore   March 17th 2014, 2:31 pm

FrontierGander wrote:
that depends on each gun, I have one that barricade slightly affects the first shot by about 3/4" so its not a huge deal. After cleaning, follow up with barricade to protect from rust.
ok thanks, also i have see there is some paste or grease factory use in the bore so i need to get rid of them as possible
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bear Claw
Site
Site

Male Number of posts : 9489
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: how much need to clean and protect bore   March 17th 2014, 2:32 pm

It doesn't matter much what you use to protect the bore for storage. As long as you run an alcohol patch and then a dry patch down the bore before shooting.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JTClark

PostSubject: Re: how much need to clean and protect bore   March 17th 2014, 2:51 pm

Muley wrote:
It doesn't matter much what you use to protect the bore for storage. As long as you run an alcohol patch and then a dry patch down the bore before shooting.
muley, alcohol ? pure alcohol like 99% or other ? right now I'm talking about what do you use to get factory grease out from bore before i can apply birch woods casey product i has
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14521
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: how much need to clean and protect bore   March 17th 2014, 2:59 pm

birchwood casey gun scrubber will remove that grease.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
Bear Claw
Site
Site

PostSubject: Re: how much need to clean and protect bore   March 17th 2014, 3:53 pm

I was talking about after you get the factory gunk out.

Yes, regular rubbing alcohol from the drug store will work fine.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JTClark

PostSubject: Re: how much need to clean and protect bore   March 23rd 2014, 5:07 pm

just wonder if i spray barriade on patch and swab in the bore and let it dry to protect the rust in the bore ? i just got back from shoot some but not many just to see how the things went. now clean out bore scrubber then barriade
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bear Claw
Site
Site

PostSubject: Re: how much need to clean and protect bore   March 23rd 2014, 5:13 pm

That's fine. Then run an alcohol patch and a dry patch to remove the Barricade before you shoot again. I do it right before I head to the range.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JTClark

PostSubject: Re: how much need to clean and protect bore   March 23rd 2014, 6:14 pm

Muley wrote:
That's fine. Then run an alcohol patch and a dry patch to remove the Barricade before you shoot again. I do it right before I head to the range.
ok and ever you swab alcohol before head out hunting to save your good hunting accurate without fouling ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bear Claw
Site
Site

PostSubject: Re: how much need to clean and protect bore   March 23rd 2014, 7:02 pm

Yes, you don't want to pour the powder down an oiled barrel. It doesn't hurt to shoot off a primer first with no load to make sure the BP is free of oil too. Then you're ready to load.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how much need to clean and protect bore   

Back to top Go down

how much need to clean and protect bore
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Modern Muzzleloading-
Jump to: