Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Wanting a Smoothie!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
WillametteT

WillametteT

Male Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2014-02-01

Wanting a Smoothie! Empty
PostSubject: Wanting a Smoothie!   Wanting a Smoothie! Empty2014-04-24, 19:17

So, I'm entertaining having a 28ga./.54 smooth bore rifle built by the guy who did my last rifle. Looking at having it half stocked in Oregon black walnut, 36" octagon - round barrel browned, trimmed in brass and a late Chambers percussion lock. Also going to have a sling attached for running around these Oregon mountains. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
patocazador

patocazador

Number of posts : 5852
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Wanting a Smoothie!   Wanting a Smoothie! Empty2014-04-24, 19:25

I attached a sling to my flintlock rifle. It carries well now but the biggest advantage is using it as a shooting sling to steady the gun when shooting off-hand.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
Spitfire

Number of posts : 5314
Registration date : 2011-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Wanting a Smoothie!   Wanting a Smoothie! Empty2014-04-24, 23:33

Been toying with the idea of a .54 or .62 smoothbore for a while now.....will make a nice little shotgun as well.
Back to top Go down
WillametteT

WillametteT

Male Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2014-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Wanting a Smoothie!   Wanting a Smoothie! Empty2014-04-25, 11:56

I've been wanting to expand my hunting opportunities and this would be the way to do it. This rifle will mainly be for rabbits, squirrels and such.
Back to top Go down

Wanting a Smoothie!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Traditional Muzzleloading-
Jump to: