Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

MUZZLELOADING FORUM

HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Ads

Share | 

GOEX Black Powder? Can I sell to an Individual?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
pete/ny

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: GOEX Black Powder? Can I sell to an Individual?   April 29th 2014, 7:12 pm

Just a question, I have about 5 lbs of GOEX real Black Powder I do not use anymore.Can I legally sell it to another person or would I have to have a License to sell? Dont' need the Feds knockin on my door. Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hawgslayer
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Number of posts : 3699
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: GOEX Black Powder? Can I sell to an Individual?   April 29th 2014, 7:27 pm

Pete/NY,

I don't know how it is or what the laws are in your area but here in IL, when I buy Goex the store agent logs in his ledger the numbers on each bottle of Goex and then I have to sign for it. It's almost like buying a fire arm. I don't know if there are numbers on the cans but the 1# plastic bottles has a set of serial numbers.
You might want to contact ATF office. Usually they will help you out.

Ray..........

KEEPEM IN THE " 10 " RING   

Semper Fi...... '66-'69
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 15450
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: GOEX Black Powder? Can I sell to an Individual?   April 29th 2014, 7:36 pm

If its large amounts you will need a license, but since its just small stuff and probably to a friend, i wouldnt see a problem in it, especially locally.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
pete/ny

PostSubject: Re: GOEX Black Powder? Can I sell to an Individual?   April 29th 2014, 7:43 pm

@FrontierGander wrote:
If its large amounts you will need a license, but since its just small stuff and probably to a friend, i wouldnt see a problem in it, especially locally.

Thanks Gander.I really don't know anyone who still uses Black Powder anymore.Its non-existent around here.I was thinking of trying to advertise it but like I mentioned, don't need Big Brother knockin on my door!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OldMtnMan

Male Number of posts : 10158
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: GOEX Black Powder? Can I sell to an Individual?   April 29th 2014, 7:44 pm

I wouldn't ship it.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

PostSubject: Re: GOEX Black Powder? Can I sell to an Individual?   April 29th 2014, 7:46 pm

get you a nice sidelock, you'll have plenty of powder on hand for it!
Back to top Go down
pete/ny

PostSubject: Had quite few sidehammers   April 29th 2014, 9:30 pm

@FrontierGander wrote:
get you a nice sidelock, you'll have plenty of powder on hand for it!
Gander, had quite a few of the old Sidehammers.Killed quite a few Deer with them and sometimes wish we had to use them but still like these new Inlines.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pete/ny

PostSubject: NOPE!   April 30th 2014, 5:31 am

Muley wrote:
I wouldn't ship it.
Muley- Thanks definitely would not ship it.The FEDS would be definitely knockin on my door, probably break it down to!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
patocazador

Number of posts : 5862
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: GOEX Black Powder? Can I sell to an Individual?   April 30th 2014, 8:30 am

The federal law doesn't prohibit "sharing" among a group. Eg: If you and 4 others get an order up for 25 lbs. of black powder and you are the buyer of record, you may give each of them their share assuming they paid you prior to remitting the order. That way you are not "selling" the powder.

You may also give it away and frequently people will make a "donation" to the person who gifted them that nice present. As with almost everything connected to the federal laws, it's all in the semantics.

However, NY law is another story. You have to research the latest Cuomo edict and decide whether black powder "sharing" is legal.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pete/ny

PostSubject: Re: GOEX Black Powder? Can I sell to an Individual?   April 30th 2014, 8:40 am

@patocazador wrote:
The federal law doesn't prohibit "sharing" among a group. Eg: If you and 4 others get an order up for 25 lbs. of black powder and you are the buyer of record, you may give each of them their share assuming they paid you prior to remitting the order. That way you are not "selling" the powder.

You may also give it away and frequently people will make a "donation" to the person who gifted them that nice present. As with almost everything connected to the federal laws, it's all in the semantics.

However, NY law is another story. You have to research the latest Cuomo edict and decide whether black powder "sharing" is legal.

Thanks Bob- nothing here in NY is legal much anymore.Cuomo has seen to this.My Friend used to sell lots of Black Powder out of his shop.Year after year more Laws came out.The last one before he decided it was not worth selling it anymore was that he had to construct a concrete bunker on a concrete pad over 100 ft away from any buildings. He built it and 2 years later it was being used as a animal feed storage building!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

PostSubject: Re: GOEX Black Powder? Can I sell to an Individual?   April 30th 2014, 10:01 am

yet NY runs gas lines through nearly every damn house and apartment building for heat/cooking  Laughing  Thats more of a bomb than black powder will ever be. Hell just a few weeks ago a gas explosion in NY leveled a building.
Back to top Go down
hunting savage

Number of posts : 135
Registration date : 2014-05-03

PostSubject: Re: GOEX Black Powder? Can I sell to an Individual?   May 22nd 2014, 8:03 am

Get THis black powder gone this is what I shoot where you at
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OldMtnMan

Male Number of posts : 10158
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: GOEX Black Powder? Can I sell to an Individual?   May 22nd 2014, 8:15 am

My guess is pete/ny lives in NY.  clown 

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pete/ny

PostSubject: Re: GOEX Black Powder? Can I sell to an Individual?   May 22nd 2014, 5:58 pm

Muley wrote:
My guess is pete/ny lives in NY.  clown 

Yes Muley is correct. NY.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GOEX Black Powder? Can I sell to an Individual?   

Back to top Go down

GOEX Black Powder? Can I sell to an Individual?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Powder Room-
Jump to: