bipod for V1 Accura

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Key

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2010-07-20

PostSubject: bipod for V1 Accura   May 13th 2014, 2:31 pm

All,

It's been awhile since I have posted.  My hobbies have taken me to archery, but the good news is that my son has taken to the sport of muzzleloading and I couldn't be happier.

My question is this.  I have and love my CVA Accura V1 and he will be hunting with that this fall.  I would like to mount some type of bipod for him.  Can you all offer any suggestions??  It doesn't look like I can mount a standard sling stud bipod to the V1. 

At the moment, I am considering other options like a short tripod rest for him.  Any other ideas?

Here's a couple photos of a successful rifle season for him last year....but now he wants to load and shoot the smoke-pole!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14521
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: bipod for V1 Accura   May 13th 2014, 3:21 pm

yeah you'll have to drill and install a couple of new studs for it to work correctly. Not a huge deal, I did my Wolf and it was very easy.

Shooting sticks may be another good option as well, keep the weight of the rifle down for a lil guy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
Key

PostSubject: Re: bipod for V1 Accura   May 13th 2014, 3:28 pm

Where did you get the sling studs?  

Any chance you made a post about drilling and installing sling studs?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14521
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: bipod for V1 Accura   May 13th 2014, 3:48 pm

I actually used the course stud and then drilled an under sized hole, lubed the threads and pretty much made it self threading. I dont over tighten them, I get it into the position it needs and leave it as is.http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-QUICK-DETACH-SLING-SWIVEL-STUD-SCREWS-for-WOOD-or-SYNTHETIC-Rifle-Stock-New-/301150711940?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item461dfb3084
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
patocazador
Site
Site

Number of posts : 5250
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: bipod for V1 Accura   May 13th 2014, 4:00 pm

Some bipods have the sling attachment built in. In other words, you attach the bipod to the front stud and tighten it down. The bipod has an auxiliary hole for attaching the sling swivel.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Key

PostSubject: Re: bipod for V1 Accura   May 14th 2014, 9:46 am

FrontierGander wrote:
I actually used the course stud and then drilled an under sized hole, lubed the threads and pretty much made it self threading. I dont over tighten them, I get it into the position it needs and leave it as is.http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-QUICK-DETACH-SLING-SWIVEL-STUD-SCREWS-for-WOOD-or-SYNTHETIC-Rifle-Stock-New-/301150711940?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item461dfb3084

Thanks for the link and help. I think I may try the coarse threaded stud first.  If that doesn't work for him, I can then get some shooting sticks.  Did you happen to use any CA glue for thread locking of the screw into the drilled synthetic/plastic hole?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bear Claw
Site
Site

Male Number of posts : 9489
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: bipod for V1 Accura   May 14th 2014, 9:57 am

Keep in mind if that breaks in the field he'll be left with no bipod. Sticks would be safer.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Key

PostSubject: Re: bipod for V1 Accura   May 14th 2014, 10:04 am

Muley wrote:
Keep in mind if that breaks in the field he'll be left with no bipod. Sticks would be safer.

Thanks for that reminder.  I would hate for him to loose an opportunity due to a malfunction.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bipod for V1 Accura   

Back to top Go down

bipod for V1 Accura
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Modern Muzzleloading-
Jump to: