Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

i've Got This Cap And Ball Revolver

Go down 
AuthorMessage
falcon

falcon

Male Number of posts : 1546
Registration date : 2012-05-28

i've Got This Cap And Ball Revolver Empty
PostSubject: i've Got This Cap And Ball Revolver   i've Got This Cap And Ball Revolver EmptyJune 17th 2014, 2:24 pm

It was a Christmas present several years ago.  It's an unfired Walker Colt replica.  May get around to shooting it soon if i can find some #10 caps.  Cleanup's gotta be a big deal with this thing.   

i've Got This Cap And Ball Revolver Th_DSC01745
Back to top Go down
FrontierGander
Site
Site
FrontierGander

Male Number of posts : 16224
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: i've Got This Cap And Ball Revolver   i've Got This Cap And Ball Revolver EmptyJune 17th 2014, 3:04 pm

not huge at all! The extra nipples and the cylinder area involves a little more patience but its not bad. Just wipe the frame out as well and oil.

You will love that! Im getting prices right now on a few pistols I am interested in. Just have to figure out which one hits the sweet spot.
Back to top Go down
https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
Spitfire

Number of posts : 5314
Registration date : 2011-11-20

PostSubject: Re: i've Got This Cap And Ball Revolver   i've Got This Cap And Ball Revolver EmptyJune 17th 2014, 10:54 pm

I'd love to get a Walker Colt , as for hitting the sweet spot.....they ALL do !
Back to top Go down
patocazador

patocazador

Number of posts : 5853
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: i've Got This Cap And Ball Revolver   i've Got This Cap And Ball Revolver EmptyJune 18th 2014, 8:32 am

The 2 things I dislike about a Walker are its enormous size and the ram handle that seems to fall down with every shot. They were intended to be carried on horseback like a Dragoon and I need a horse to support it.Deadhorse   They pack quite the wallop though if you load them anywhere near maximum.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
Spitfire

PostSubject: Re: i've Got This Cap And Ball Revolver   i've Got This Cap And Ball Revolver EmptyJune 18th 2014, 9:42 am

So what's with you Bob ? Get a horse...... Wink  Laughing
Back to top Go down
patocazador

patocazador

Number of posts : 5853
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: i've Got This Cap And Ball Revolver   i've Got This Cap And Ball Revolver EmptyJune 18th 2014, 11:09 am

I've had several, Spit, and I prefer cows. Horses are too spooky and try to maim or kill you all the time. Just ask "Superman."

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
Spitfire

PostSubject: Re: i've Got This Cap And Ball Revolver   i've Got This Cap And Ball Revolver EmptyJune 18th 2014, 12:04 pm

Yeah I know , my brother had a couple of horses when we were kids. Another thing about them is they have no positive steering and no shocks !
Back to top Go down
AZshooter

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2015-05-30

PostSubject: Re: i've Got This Cap And Ball Revolver   i've Got This Cap And Ball Revolver EmptyMay 30th 2015, 1:58 pm

My Dragoon's plenty big enough for me!  It turns heads at the range when it barks, and even the .44 mag shooters tremble a little when they see the smoke & flame and feel the concussion.
Back to top Go down

i've Got This Cap And Ball Revolver
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Black Powder Hand Guns-
Jump to: