Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

MUZZLELOADING FORUM

HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Ads

Share | 

Heads Up!!! Black Powder Haz. Mat. fee of $15 at Graf's

Go down 
AuthorMessage
patocazador

Number of posts : 5862
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Heads Up!!! Black Powder Haz. Mat. fee of $15 at Graf's   June 19th 2014, 11:16 am

I just bought 5 pounds of black powder at Graf's† with the haz. mat. fee added for $90.00. I added 3 tins of Win. percussion caps @ $6/each under the same $15. If you buy $150 worth of stuff, you get no service charge or handling fee.

The powder has to be in stock and you have to buy at least 5 lb. Old Eynesford was out for 2F and 3F but they have Goex, Graf's, and Swiss in stock.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hawgslayer
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Number of posts : 3699
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Heads Up!!! Black Powder Haz. Mat. fee of $15 at Graf's   June 19th 2014, 11:31 am

Bob,
Thanks for the heads up. Sounds good†Exclamation

Ray.........†t up

KEEPEM IN THE " 10 " RING ††

Semper Fi...... '66-'69
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Heads Up!!! Black Powder Haz. Mat. fee of $15 at Graf's   December 28th 2017, 8:21 am

Has anyone noticed a CURRENT ML powder supplier that ships small amounts with low HAZMAT fees?

I know -- I know! I'm asking for the impossible ..... a miracle here. I know Ed's Gun Shop did it a while back.† Would be nice if Carlos still offered shipping cheap, on a couple packs of pellets. I don't want a ton / case of pellets. I'm still experimenting with them and will continue throughout 2018.
Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

Male Number of posts : 10158
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Heads Up!!! Black Powder Haz. Mat. fee of $15 at Graf's   December 28th 2017, 10:29 am

Normal Hazmat fee at Graf's is only $20.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Heads Up!!! Black Powder Haz. Mat. fee of $15 at Graf's   December 29th 2017, 8:11 am

Thank you.
Wishing you and Jon the best in the future.
I'm out of here unfortunately and that was this website's administration's doings.
nono
Back to top Go down
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Male Number of posts : 2647
Registration date : 2015-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Heads Up!!! Black Powder Haz. Mat. fee of $15 at Graf's   January 1st 2018, 7:11 am

Thanks for the heads-up Bob.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://grrwca..com/
OldMtnMan

PostSubject: Re: Heads Up!!! Black Powder Haz. Mat. fee of $15 at Graf's   January 1st 2018, 7:57 am

Over 3 year old thread Buck. Old threads shouldn't be allowed to be posted again.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 15450
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Heads Up!!! Black Powder Haz. Mat. fee of $15 at Graf's   January 1st 2018, 9:38 am

It's ok pete, it helps bring up the name of Graf and sons again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
OldMtnMan

PostSubject: Re: Heads Up!!! Black Powder Haz. Mat. fee of $15 at Graf's   January 1st 2018, 10:06 am

I thought I brought it up enough?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

PostSubject: Re: Heads Up!!! Black Powder Haz. Mat. fee of $15 at Graf's   January 1st 2018, 11:18 am

I prefer powder inc.
Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

PostSubject: Re: Heads Up!!! Black Powder Haz. Mat. fee of $15 at Graf's   January 1st 2018, 12:24 pm

Why? Their prices are much higher.

What I can buy at Graf's for $121 cost $141 at Powder inc. (5lbs Goex 3F) This is the total price with Hazmat and shipping.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
OldMtnMan

PostSubject: Re: Heads Up!!! Black Powder Haz. Mat. fee of $15 at Graf's   January 1st 2018, 2:29 pm

If you buy Graf's powder it's only $107 delivered for 5lbs and it's a better powder than Goex. It's what I use now and like it a lot better than Goex.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

PostSubject: Re: Heads Up!!! Black Powder Haz. Mat. fee of $15 at Graf's   January 1st 2018, 2:50 pm

Its schutzen and wasn't as accurate for me. Even the 4f I got from you is highly noticeably slower when it goes off. It still goes bang, but goes I will stick with. I got some old Gearhart Owen fir now!
Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

PostSubject: Re: Heads Up!!! Black Powder Haz. Mat. fee of $15 at Graf's   January 1st 2018, 3:08 pm

Graf's is cleaner burning and a bit more power than Goex. That's pretty much agreed on from all who compared it and use it. I've seen the chrono results and in using it I know it burns cleaner. It uses the same charcoal as Swiss.

Being cheaper is an added bonus. I don't know why you use Powder Inc? Even if you buy Goex Graf's is a better deal.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Heads Up!!! Black Powder Haz. Mat. fee of $15 at Graf's   January 2nd 2018, 7:10 am

Bear Claw wrote:
Over 3 year old thread Buck. Old threads shouldn't be allowed to be posted again.

Graf's is cleaner burning and a bit more power than Goex.

Thanks "Mr Bear Claw"......† †

How have you been Pete, are your new sleeping quarters working out? Did you get your jeep repaired that you mentioned a while back? We miss talking to you.

Have you checked or know approximately what Graf's powder is going for now. You got my attention when you said "Graf's is cleaner burning and a bit more power than Goex."† That sounds like a plus to me. I have a new GRRW.CA NW Trade Gun (smoothbore in .50 caliber being finished at this time) seems like a good gun to try some powder that you suggested.

Thanks Pete keep in touch, we're to damn old to lose contact.† Sad

Back to top Go down
OldMtnMan

PostSubject: Re: Heads Up!!! Black Powder Haz. Mat. fee of $15 at Graf's   January 2nd 2018, 8:12 am

Buck........The Graf's powder is $15.99. They charge $20 for Hazmat and a flat $7.95 for shipping†and handling. Min order is 5lbs which comes to $108 shipped to you. Not a bad deal.

Wano Schwarzpulver of Germany makes the powder for Graf's. Buying in bulk and putting it in Graf's bottles saves a lot of money. It uses Alder wood for charcoal just like Swiss. I'm sure they both get it from the same source.

https://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/category/categoryId/3501

Yes, I fixed my Jeep. New radiator, water pump, belt, hoses, and freeze plugs. I could have bought a nice gun for what it cost me.

My back is getting worse and I finally decided†I can't shoot a long barred Hawken style gun anymore. It's too much strain on my lower/middle back to hold up. I only shoot offhand and i'm not changing that after doing it all my life. I could use sticks, but that's not me and doesn't work when Still Hunting which again i've done all my life and i'm not changing.†

So, I wanted a reliable sidelock that had a real short barrel. I decided on the Lyman Deerstalker. I bought a new one and put the Lyman peep sight on it. I'm all set now. I can shoulder it all day and my back is fine. At 7 1/2lbs it should be comfortable to carry in the mountains too. I got a .54 and will use it for bear, elk, and deer depending on what tags I can get.

†That's it. You're all caught up.† Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
RonC
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Male Number of posts : 1048
Registration date : 2013-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Heads Up!!! Black Powder Haz. Mat. fee of $15 at Graf's   January 2nd 2018, 8:46 am

I am pleased to see that you are still out there hunting in the mountains. It takes a lot of gumption to overcome back pain and stay active.
Ron

Outside of a Dog, a Book is Manís Best Friend. Inside of a Dog, Itís Too Dark to Read. Groucho Marx (or possibly someone earlier)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
OldMtnMan

PostSubject: Re: Heads Up!!! Black Powder Haz. Mat. fee of $15 at Graf's   January 2nd 2018, 9:19 am

Pain doesn't stop me Ron. Everything hurts. My back was stopping me because I didn't have the strength to hold up those long barrels. Muscle strength is another problem I have from another serious problem. I can ignore everything except not having enough strength to get it done.

Just keep plugging along moving forward. Standing still doesn't work. Before you know it you'll be moving backwards. You're close to losing the battle when that happens.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Buck Conner
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

PostSubject: Re: Heads Up!!! Black Powder Haz. Mat. fee of $15 at Graf's   January 3rd 2018, 6:37 am

Outdoor folks just keep plugging along, keep on trucking Pete.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heads Up!!! Black Powder Haz. Mat. fee of $15 at Graf's   

Back to top Go down

Heads Up!!! Black Powder Haz. Mat. fee of $15 at Graf's
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Powder Room-
Jump to: