Share | 

Acurra V1 Help

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
red rick

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2014-07-08

PostSubject: Acurra V1 Help   July 9th 2014, 8:21 pm

I am a hunter , so l like dependability .

I just started muzzleloader hunting a few years ago ( I didn't know what I was missing ) . It is my favorite season now .

Like the title says , I have a Accura V1 .

I started off using 777 pills and had no problems with it except the loading after shooting a couple of times . The next year I tried White Hots and again I had no problems with it , seems very similar to 777 ( I killed a nice buck with the WH's ) . The third year I tried Blackhorn , with no problems and I loved how easy it was to load . So I thought I had found my new powder . Then came last year . I went to sight in my gun before the season and the first shot was normal , but after that it started to hang fire . I took the breech plug out at the range and cleaned it again , still hang fires . I switched back to White Hots and it fired fine ( I killed another nice buck ) . My gun had already been shimmed and I was using CCI mag. primers .

I really wanted to use the Blackhorn , so I called CVA and asked if they sold a BH209 breech plug for the V1 like they do for the V2 . They told me that " the testing they did the V1 didn't need a special breech plug for BH209 ".

What do y'all say ? Should I just keep using the 777 and WH's because it was been 100% dependable ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14532
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Acurra V1 Help   July 9th 2014, 8:37 pm

Clean it with the #32 or 3mm drill bit, it gets nasty build up in the flash channel and clogs up, limiting the amount of flame that can make it to the powder.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
AMRE2ME2

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2013-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Acurra V1 Help   July 10th 2014, 2:53 am

I saw a cleaner that BH sells the other day so I bought a can. Don't know if it's needed. Anyone have a report on it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rmwildlifestudios.com
SCHUNTER

Male Number of posts : 335
Registration date : 2012-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Acurra V1 Help   July 10th 2014, 7:24 am

I used the BH cleaner when I first started shooting BH.  It works fine but is very smelly!  I have since went to using the same cleaners that I use on all my center fire rifles.  They work just fine on BH.
Scott
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Clyde

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2011-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Acurra V1 Help   July 10th 2014, 4:09 pm

Jon hit it right on the head I use that drill bit and also weld tip cleaners to make sure the hole itself is clean.  If you hold it up to the light and its not perfectly round then there is still build-up  at the end.  I'd invest in the BH209 plug, if it fits the Accura, if your going to change plugs .  It and the plug for the Omega and my Rossi all feature a large concave front which shortens the distance the flame travels which makes for better ignition.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bear Claw
Site
Site

Male Number of posts : 9489
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Acurra V1 Help   July 10th 2014, 5:15 pm

They don't make a BH 209 BP for a V1, but it's not needed either. Just keep it clean with the drill.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
muznut

Number of posts : 704
Registration date : 2012-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Acurra V1 Help   July 15th 2014, 4:16 pm

Most likely like others said its probably carbon buildup in your breech plug flame path
another thing that can cause it is oils or solvent left in your barrel. You can modify your plug by recessing and installing a savage 10ml2 vent liner to make it a bh209 type plug.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Acurra V1 Help   

Back to top Go down

Acurra V1 Help
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Modern Muzzleloading-
Jump to: