Share | 

CVA Customer Report

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mark Sky

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2013-11-29

PostSubject: CVA Customer Report   July 14th 2014, 12:25 am

Bought a 223 barrel for my Apex from CVA,put it on the gun and it wouldn't cock.i have other barrels and all work and shoot great,but not this one!Asked CVA to take back,they said yes sounds like the barrel is the problem,and would be no problem,Then proceded to tell me I have to pay to ship it back! What kind of Customer service is that! Anyone else have this problem? Anyone know who to talk to, to possible resolve this? I'm a bit ticked off with them,and may not buy from them anymore if this is the way they treat a customer!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
pete/ny

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2012-08-11

PostSubject: Re: CVA Customer Report   July 14th 2014, 6:16 am

The fact that they want you to ship it back on your dime is the way a lot of Manufacturers are doing business now. I have recently sent scopes back for service, trail cameras, fishing reels and always at my expense. It ticks you off but seems this is the way they are doing business now. In the past I have had a manufacturer actually send me a prepaid shipping container to ship a defective rifle back.Some now also ask that you enclose payment for the return shipping charges! At least CVA isn't going that far. I will say that CVA has treated me very well in the past.I had a couple parts that I needed for my new MR and I called them and they shipped it out the next day. Good Luck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bear Claw
Site
Site

Male Number of posts : 9491
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: CVA Customer Report   July 14th 2014, 7:18 am

Sadly, that's pretty normal now.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Sky

PostSubject: Re: CVA Customer Report   July 14th 2014, 11:04 am

Yea, i guess so.They charge you about $28 to ship it to you,and told me it only cost them $10 to $15,so they are making money off the shipping charges as well. If people stopped buying their stuff and complained why,they would stop this crap!
I was hoping someone knew someone rhere who i could talk to,who might do the right thing and stand behind their prodict.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Sky

PostSubject: Re: CVA Customer Report   July 14th 2014, 1:33 pm

Hey guys,well I guess CVA has changed their Customer support! Cva says ,after a call to them,that they will pay for shipping! Well that makes me happy! If you have problems,CALL,don't email!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
patocazador
Site
Site

Number of posts : 5189
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: CVA Customer Report   July 14th 2014, 2:08 pm

About every 10-15 years my PACT scale messes up and won't hold zero. I send it back on my dime and they fix it and return it free. So far, they haven't fixed one yet because they just send me a new one. I'm on my third PACT scale since the late 70s.

I don't mind paying $12 shipping every 10-15 years for a new scale.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Sky

PostSubject: Re: CVA Customer Report   July 14th 2014, 6:43 pm

I understand and appreciate that patocazador,but,it's still a principle of good versus bad customer service! If people are willing to pay,even when they shouldn't have to,then they will continue to do things like this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Sky

PostSubject: Re: CVA Customer Report   July 14th 2014, 6:44 pm

I understand and appreciate that patocazador,but,it's still a principle of good versus bad customer service! If people are willing to pay,even when they shouldn't have to,then they will continue to do things like this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
patocazador
Site
Site

Number of posts : 5189
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: CVA Customer Report   July 14th 2014, 7:01 pm

Leupold's warranty is about the best there is. I sent back an old scope last year and got a new one in return. I don't remember for sure but it seems I had to pay the initial postage for sending the old one back.

However, with a new product that was defective from the get-go, I would demand that they pay all expenses involved with correcting the problem.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GregK

Male Number of posts : 3055
Registration date : 2012-01-22

PostSubject: Re: CVA Customer Report   July 14th 2014, 8:19 pm

Try calling Mark Hendricks at CVA at 269-657-9955

McRem 40cal SML

LEUPOLD 4-12X40 VX-R 30mm, CDS, FIRE DOT
CEB 40/240, 76gr IMR 4895
2600 ft/s

CVA APEX .358 SML & .45 ML