Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

Muzzleloading Forum

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Cannon Replica .. with a short fuse

Go down 
AuthorMessage
patocazador

patocazador

Number of posts : 5852
Registration date : 2012-08-22

Cannon Replica .. with a short fuse Empty
PostSubject: Cannon Replica .. with a short fuse   Cannon Replica .. with a short fuse Empty2014-08-12, 14:27

I don't know where to put a thread about a cannon so move it if necessary.

My granddaughter saw my old model cannon replica and wanted to know if it would shoot. I hadn't shot it since the '80s so I checked it out, cleaned it up, and we went to the barn and loaded it with 85 gr. of FG, a lubed fiber wad and a patched .690 ball.
I only had a short piece of fuse handy but thought it was plenty long. I had forgotten how fast it burned.  Embarassed 

After lighting it, I barely had enough time to get back.  affraid       I had my granddaughter safe 25 feet behind me.

Cannon Replica .. with a short fuse Th_Cannon-shortfuse_zps4d4d6350

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
Spitfire

Number of posts : 5314
Registration date : 2011-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Cannon Replica .. with a short fuse   Cannon Replica .. with a short fuse Empty2014-08-12, 23:36

Any better pics of the canon Bob , would like to build one but need detailed shots.
Back to top Go down
Randy Johnson

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2014-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Cannon Replica .. with a short fuse   Cannon Replica .. with a short fuse Empty2014-08-13, 04:03

Is that a Barney's Cannons/South Bend Ordinance barrel? Regardless, it's a neat toy. Sort of the ultimate in smoothbore shooting.
I have a smaller .50 with an all cast carriage and wheels that I used to play with a lot but haven't fired in years. Tons of fun when I did though.
I bought it at Friendship back in the early eighties for less than twenty bucks. Not too long ago I saw one just like it for sale for around two hundred. Kinda makes up for all the things I've bought in my life that went down in value.
Back to top Go down
patocazador

patocazador

Number of posts : 5852
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Cannon Replica .. with a short fuse   Cannon Replica .. with a short fuse Empty2014-08-13, 12:03

If I remember right, it was a CVA-offered Napoleon cannon back when. It has a ~.725 Jukar barrel.

https://www.google.com/search?q=CVA+Napoleon+cannon&client=firefox-a&hs=gzJ&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=sb&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=DajrU6qeJte0yQTjwYKQAQ&ved=0CGsQsAQ&biw=1680&bih=927

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
Spitfire

Number of posts : 5314
Registration date : 2011-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Cannon Replica .. with a short fuse   Cannon Replica .. with a short fuse Empty2014-08-13, 12:14

Thanks Bob , there is a lot of detailed pics on there
Back to top Go down

Cannon Replica .. with a short fuse
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Traditional Muzzleloading-
Jump to: