Share | 

The CVA Accura MR Nitride

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
stillhunter

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2014-09-05

PostSubject: The CVA Accura MR Nitride   September 6th 2014, 8:43 pm

Is there a post here about this gun already? I can't find it if there is. Anybody own one or have opinions on it? I am interested in it for several reasons, weight, barrel length, Nitriding, or all the claims made of this new rifle. ..... Randy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dlethcoe

Male Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2012-02-19

PostSubject: Re: The CVA Accura MR Nitride   September 6th 2014, 9:45 pm

Stillhunter,
I have the SS model of the MR. And really enjoy it, It is very accurate, I have some post in the shooting section that you can check out, A couple of my friends have the NITRITE coating on there muzzy and have not had a problem with the coating, The barrel for the MR is perfect for shooting so far anything that you want to try. I will be shooting mine sabotless when the deer season comes around. If you want to find out more about it, take to Carlos, he is the go to guy for muzzleloader info and to buy everything from, Check out EDS guns at the bottom of the page.

Dave

Dave
Back to top Go down
View user profile
stillhunter

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2014-09-05

PostSubject: Re: The CVA Accura MR Nitride   September 6th 2014, 10:33 pm

Thanks, I bought the 29" .45 Optima when they first came out, I took it home and carried it around the house/yard a few times and decided it was too heavy/long for stillhunting. I took it back to the dealer un-shot a few days later and traded for the 26" barrel .45 Optima I own now. I really like this rifle but I believe the new MR is a pound or so lighter than my first gen. Optima. I also wonder about the availability of the .45 ammo and pellets that have gotten scarce around here and am thinking a .50 would be more supportable/affordable/ more variety of projectiles/charges, that's why I'm interested in the MR and hearing about it's function/accuracy and the durability of the Nitride coating. I'm not crazy about the location of the breach lever, it looks like it could be easy to pop the breach open accidently or be uncomfortable to carry hanging/hooked on the wrist.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dlethcoe

Male Number of posts : 688
Registration date : 2012-02-19

PostSubject: Re: The CVA Accura MR Nitride   September 7th 2014, 6:41 am

Check with Carlos about bullets and powder, I know a while back he had Barnes 195 and hornady SST 200's, other wise you could go sabotless with the 45, and then you would be open to alot of other bullets, 45 cal bullets, with a little knurling on the bullet, and a fely wad under it. If you wanted to try that. The MR is 25 in, long and weight in at just over 6 lbs with out a scope, as far as the breach lever, I have it on V2 and have not had a problem with it for 3 years opening up, My optima where it was in front of the trigger, I had that trip open when I was carring it a couple of times.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Marty
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Male Number of posts : 3300
Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Re: The CVA Accura MR Nitride   September 7th 2014, 9:16 am

dlethcoe is right stillhunter.  There's certainly no shortage of bullets options today for the .45 smoker.  The bullets dlethcoe mentioned are just a few of proven performers on game.  Just stay away from lead bullets that are designed exclusively to expand at lower handgun velocities... they don't fair well when it comes to % recovery.  I experimented this year with 90 grains of powder and a handgun bullet (the 200 grain NOSLER) on a deer's lung at less than 25 yards.  The deer dropped where he stood... but I was unable to recover any of the bullet and there was no pass through.  Although I harvested many deer in the past with Powerbelts, I no longer hunt with them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hudgic

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2013-05-14

PostSubject: Re: The CVA Accura MR Nitride   September 7th 2014, 11:15 am

I have one it seams to shoot well with 250gr Barnes tez so far I has a tan coated one and had issue with coating so sent it back and they sent me a nitride one back I like the finish a lot better I have not had any issue with breach opening on accident at all
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The CVA Accura MR Nitride   

Back to top Go down

The CVA Accura MR Nitride
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Modern Muzzleloading-
Jump to: