Frontier Muzzleloading
Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading!

Please take the time to either Register or Log In to your user name and join us!

MUZZLELOADING FORUM

HomeGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Ads

Share | 

New Member, Old hand from Western Pennsyltucky

Go down 
AuthorMessage
JesterKing

Male Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2014-09-15

PostSubject: New Member, Old hand from Western Pennsyltucky   September 15th 2014, 8:04 pm

Looking forward to exchanging ideas and info here on this site!  Thanks to the Founders and Mods for their time spent keeping this site up!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
patocazador

Number of posts : 5862
Registration date : 2012-08-22

PostSubject: Re: New Member, Old hand from Western Pennsyltucky   September 16th 2014, 2:49 am

Welcome. Tell us what stage you're at in muzzleloading, gun types, etc. We like new goodies.

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government." -Thomas Jefferson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hawgslayer
Site Moderator &
Site Moderator &

Number of posts : 3699
Registration date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: New Member, Old hand from Western Pennsyltucky   September 16th 2014, 7:41 am

Smile
WELCOME ABOARD J/K Exclamation Glad you could join us. You'll find a great bunch of guys here always willing to help, just post your questions.
Like Bob said, tell us more about yourself and your rifles. I used to shoot in-lines, CVA V1'S, V2's and ended up with the MR. Those in lines are all great weapons with the right loads, bullet, powder and charge and primer.
Now I've been bitten by the side locks. Liked them for a long time and now it's all I shoot.
How about you, what ya shootin Question Question Question

Ray........... :rtup

KEEPEM IN THE " 10 " RING   

Semper Fi...... '66-'69
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spitfire

Number of posts : 5314
Registration date : 2011-11-20

PostSubject: Re: New Member, Old hand from Western Pennsyltucky   September 16th 2014, 9:04 am

Welcome JK
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JesterKing

Male Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2014-09-15

PostSubject: Re: New Member, Old hand from Western Pennsyltucky   September 16th 2014, 10:46 am

I'm primarily a flintlock hunter but also have an TC encore as well. The flinter is a lefty Lyman Great Plains that I modified with a right handed hunter barrel in .50 cal. (They didn't make a lefty barrel when I got it in the faster twist)
I have been hunting exclusively with the flinter for about 15yrs. I have I taken 1 big buck in Pa, 2 bear in Maine, a fallow deer and hog at a preserve in Pa and an antelope in Wyoming. Not counting countless doe in Pa and a few scrub bucks and a simple minded groundhog.
I shoot powerbelts exclusively from the flinter with a hybrid charge. 4f in pan, 5gr 3F BP in front of a 90gr 2F 777 main charge. 3 patch swab between every shot (wet, dry, lube, reload)
I'm more of a hunter than a traditionalist but would like to eventually get back to basics in regards to hunting with the flinter.
I make powder horns and priming horns doing the carving, scrimming and finishing myself. Recently I built a small loom and have taught myself to use it to weave straps for my horns.
This is the busy time of year for me as I gear up for hunting seasons and scout for the Pa Elk hunt for which I guide the lucky fellas who draw a tag.
I enjoy a site like this that I can see what others are doing and maybe use and adapt it to my practices.
Thanks for the welcome!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spitfire

Number of posts : 5314
Registration date : 2011-11-20

PostSubject: Re: New Member, Old hand from Western Pennsyltucky   September 16th 2014, 11:12 am

Nothing better than to take an animal with a flinter !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Member, Old hand from Western Pennsyltucky   

Back to top Go down

New Member, Old hand from Western Pennsyltucky
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading! :: Welcome to Frontier Muzzleloading-
Jump to: