Firing pin question on V2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KraQr4x4

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2011-01-15

PostSubject: Firing pin question on V2   October 6th 2014, 10:13 am

Beginner question again.

My V2 has sat since last deer season but I had cleaned it up after its last use.   I took it and my MR out for some warming up before this years season.  MR was shooting right where I left it, perfect.

I loaded the V2 and readied it for a shot. Pulled the trigger and click.  Replaced the primer and click.   Both primers had been struck but had not gone off.  Wasn't sure what to think other than maybe it needed cleaned.   So I surfaced cleaned it and sprayed it down with cleaner but did not remove it.

put it back together and now the pin sticks out further for some reason. I tried to put a primer in and close the barrel but it will not even let me snap it shut now.

Strange situation for me,   I suspect it will need adjusting again.    At least I still have the MR to use.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FrontierGander
Forum
Forum

Male Number of posts : 14521
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Firing pin question on V2   October 6th 2014, 10:22 am

Seems like the firing pin is frozen up.

I'd take it all out and take a look at it. Try firing it without the shims in place if thats whats in there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.frontiermuzzleloading.com
KraQr4x4

PostSubject: Re: Firing pin question on V2   October 6th 2014, 10:35 am

Thanks FG, I need to get a tool or screw driver to take it out.   I suspect it is frozen up. Just unsure why it stuck out further after simply cleaning the surface.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KraQr4x4

PostSubject: Re: Firing pin question on V2   October 6th 2014, 10:41 am

I just read on the "how to" page about cleaning the firing pin that you had commented to another guy that has the same problem that I have.   I guess the pin is stuck in a forward position to the point I cant put a thin screw driver in that slot to twist it.   Pin is definitely stuck outward.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bear Claw
Site
Site

Male Number of posts : 9489
Registration date : 2010-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Firing pin question on V2   October 6th 2014, 11:30 am

You were lucky it didn't fire when you tried to slam it shut with the FP stuck out. That's why keeping the FP clean and lubed is so important.

Have you tried to unscrew it just putting the screwdriver on one half of it? If not you'll have to file a slot in the screwdriver to go over the firing pin.

"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Firing pin question on V2   

Back to top Go down

Firing pin question on V2
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Muzzleloading :: Muzzleloading Topic :: Modern Muzzleloading-
Jump to: